1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
ajcolorado

SDC - Is there any kind of "Baby swap / Rider Switch" system for families?

Most of our group is teen or older but we will have one 4 year old along. Is there a system for letting one parent wait with a small child and then ride without having to go to the end of the line on the height restricted attractions?

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
randjm
Ultra Member

There are no special areas but I'm sure the attendants would work with you. I've seen them have people just stand in place and take turns at the electrospin, wildfire and powder keg.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

I've seen this happen many times at SDC!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
ggh
Super User

How old is the baby? I might be interested in a swap.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
How old is the baby? I might be interested in a swap.
Who you going to swap for the baby?? Oh wait, the OP said 4 yrs old. No baby, only a very young child. Will that be ok?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyann View Post
Who you going to swap for the baby?? Oh wait, the OP said 4 yrs old. No baby, only a very young child. Will that be ok?
If they're willing to swap for my 22 yo son, we could make a deal of it - he's gainfully employed, doesn't live at home, and can feed and dress himself - but he can still drive his Momma crazy!

I think the pre-wedding planning is about to make them both wish they'd eloped and come home to tell us about it!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
StaceySue

We've done the "swap" before. Everyone waits in line together. When it is close to your turn and you can get the ride op's attention, tell them what you would like to do. They will take care of you from there.

We've done it on Wildfire, Powderkeg, and Fire-in-the-Hole, I know. If you go early and ride rides first thing after rope drop, you may not have to utilize it much at all since ride lines will be shorter or only one train is being used anyway. If there is only one train, the person (or people) who rode first can just walk your child through the ride to the exit.

My daughter has been tall enough for years, but she's not much of a daredevil!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:53 AM   #8
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
This reminds me of the joke Yakov tells, about "Baby Changing Stations". He says, "I was thinking...so, if you don't like your baby...".
I liked that joke too! Now every time I see a Baby Changing Station I think of Yakov
Old 07-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
JoseyWales

Would be excellent if you could swap a crying croupy baby for a quiet one. Why didnt they think of that when MY kids were little.???
Old 07-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
Gilligan
Ultra Member

Love it!!!

Last edited by Gilligan; 07-04-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: possessed computer
Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
odessamom

This practice is actually listed on the daily bulletin you pick up at the gate. It caught my eye when I read "baby swap". I had never heard of it since we never had that issue, but once I read what it was it made sense to me. Sure sounds strange though!

Closed Thread