1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
meanmachines

Sammy Lane Resort

Just curious if any of you stayed at Sammy Lane Resort on Lake Taneycomo. They tore it down to build the Branson Landing, so obviously it no longer exists.
My family stayed there for many years. We probably started staying there around 1987 and we stayed until it was closed in 2001. It was a great place to stay. The same people stayed there every year, so it was always fun to see the same folks every year. We always stayed in the old log cabins. They had a really large outdoor pool and we would spend our days just swimming or I would go fishing at the lake. We would have lunch at a hot dog shop that was across the street. We hated to see it go, but we also think the Branson Landing is awesome, and we are looking forward to go to Branson in the next few weeks
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Hi Meanmachines....welcome

We have had some real in depth discussions about Sammy Lane, ... you might find them by going ^ there to the search feature....
Old 06-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Windy City Dogs was wonderful. We loved it too. We stayed at Sammy Lane for years and years. The Brown's were great people. From what I heard they went to work for the peace corp when they sold Sammy Lane. By then their kids had probably graduated from High School so they were pretty much free of any thing like that. I wish someone would post who knew them and would let some of us "regulars" know how they are doing and such.

Vickie
Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Countryman

The Browns moved to the Springfield area.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Well I'm in the Springfield area fairly often so hopefully I'll run into them sometime.

Vickie
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
Barb
Super Ultra Member

Never stayed at Sammy Lane but stayed at Allen Dale & Sharp. Sure miss that place. Hope to get down to Branson this year and see all the changes. It's been way to long since my last trip.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

It is heartbreaking to all of us who stayed at Allendale & Sharps, Sammy Lane, Brill's, etc., but it seems to be doing well and they did it in such a way as to compliment downtown and the area. I think on the whole you will like it.

Vickie
Old 06-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
gailcozart

Unhappy Sammy Lane Memories

YES I use to stay at Sammy Lane Every year when I was a kid...a long time ago Loved that spring fed pool. What wonderful memories and the old Pirate boat. They tore it all down for the NEW area...took away all the charm of the Old Downtown in my opinion.....
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
The Mat Maniac

Amen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailcozart View Post
YES I use to stay at Sammy Lane Every year when I was a kid...a long time ago Loved that spring fed pool. What wonderful memories and the old Pirate boat. They tore it all down for the NEW area...took away all the charm of the Old Downtown in my opinion.....
Old 08-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #10
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

Does anyone have any pictures? I LOVE old pictures of places. I never went down there because I was told once it was the "dangerous" part of town. I had stopped and asked about the cabins and a person at a info booth said it was "the bad part of town". I never knew any of these things were there until after they were gone.

I know there was a thread last year with pictures that I LOVED. I couldn't find it but if someone has any old pictues, I would love to have them posted. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 AM   #11
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I'll dig out my old pictures of allendale and sharps and Sammy Lane. We loved it down there and I don't know where someone got that it is not a "good" part of town. It was the most safe that I hever stayed in.

Vickie
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #12
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I loved it down there, and it was not dangerous...other than that you could fall in the water.......with the lake and the pools and all...(that is what parents tell their kids)............

When we were really into researching Sammy's and other places down there, ....we talked about the little ducks even...I went down and took pictures before/at the closing of the resorts........(I don't know where they are..here?)

Also there was a url in those threads that took us to a ''post card'' website that had thousands of historical and old pictures of Branson's post cards......some back in the 40s-50s..etc of Sammy Lanes.

Im not sure with ''this boards revisions'' etc, how much of our old stuff is still here.........that ''search'' feature up top might give some of you cause to sit and sift through the archives of old threads and see if you can find some of those old bits of information.

MatManiac was the starter of alot of those threads, cause he got us started into this ''remembering the old days'' and ''great memories'' and feeling sad cause they were being bulldozed.

Note to self:
Go find your old floppy disks of all those old pictures, taken in about 2001.
Digging, Digging..............oh.........only about 5000 of them say Branson Pictures............

No labels?

What was I thinking?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edit:
For example at GOOGLE

From our archives:

http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...ight=postcards

Last edited by Cheesecake; 08-09-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #13
The Mat Maniac

Yeah Im working on my website as well..I know if you went here

http://www.thematmaniac.com/thematmaniac/mmvacpics.htm

Its pics I have in my collection on my site...from Branson..and some of them are Sammy Lane Resort too... (thanks to BransonMom also for the resort pics...and BransonDad too)

Ive been working on my website too...so forgive the slowness and such...and forgive me for not being around more often...ALOT going on (Dad going through Alzheimers and Dementia)

I still poke around every once in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
I loved it down there, and it was not dangerous...other than that you could fall in the water.......with the lake and the pools and all...(that is what parents tell their kids)............

When we were really into researching Sammy's and other places down there, ....we talked about the little ducks even...I went down and took pictures before/at the closing of the resorts........(I don't know where they are..here?)

Also there was a url in those threads that took us to a ''post card'' website that had thousands of historical and old pictures of Branson's post cards......some back in the 40s-50s..etc of Sammy Lanes.

Im not sure with ''this boards revisions'' etc, how much of our old stuff is still here.........that ''search'' feature up top might give some of you cause to sit and sift through the archives of old threads and see if you can find some of those old bits of information.

MatManiac was the starter of alot of those threads, cause he got us started into this ''remembering the old days'' and ''great memories'' and feeling sad cause they were being bulldozed.

Note to self:
Go find your old floppy disks of all those old pictures, taken in about 2001.
Digging, Digging..............oh.........only about 5000 of them say Branson Pictures............

No labels?

What was I thinking?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edit:
For example at GOOGLE

From our archives:

Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #14
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
Hi Meanmachines....welcome

We have had some real in depth discussions about Sammy Lane, ... you might find them by going ^ there to the search feature....
There are a couple of pics of Sammy Lane here and of course other threads with lots more discussion.

http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...t=sammy&page=2
Old 08-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #15
The Mat Maniac

and I ALSO wanted to comment...that There is NO BAD PART of Branson either.... heres the thing with those Discount Ticket People.... if its not what they deal with (or get the kickbacks from)...its not what they want you to do..

Closed Thread