1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Bondo

Edgewater Beach Too Far for trout?

Is Edgewater Beach too far to catch trout? My family will be taking a vacation to Taneycomo around July 1st. We are not looking big trout necessarily, just fun trout.
Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
miaNederland

If you are referring to the Edgewater Beach Resort in Forsyth -

It's a great place to catch trout. We were in Branson during spring break (March 10-17). We fished using an Edgewater boat. We were there for about four hours and caught about 7 fish. Some were good size.

That morning the fish were only bitinig when we trolled using lures that the office recommended. Silly us, we fished for three of the hours using the little red cherries, and we caught nothing. Once we listened to the office staff, we caught the seven fish in about 30 minutes.

(By the way - the pontoon we rented wasn't that great. The price was very reasonable around $90 for 4 hours. But the boat was about 20 yrs old. We were given lawn chairs for sitting. The boat was functional, but .... )
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Bondo, as long as you are on Taney you will catch trout. I don't know if Scotty's boat dock is still around (a lot of boat rentals were bought out with the new Landing area). I heard that Bass Pro was going to rent boats, but I have not seen them. Fly

Closed Thread