1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 06:54 AM   #1
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Branson Top 10

I thought it might be interesting to compile a list of top 10 Branson area attractions from veteran Branson goers. To qualify for this list an attraction must:
1. be interesting equally to a 10 year old and an 80 year old
2. be affordable to a family on a limited budget
I realize the folly of making a list for "everyone", since we all have such varied tastes, but there must be some universal Branson area attractions that, over the years, appeal to just about everyone. This list could serve as a guide to the new Branson tourist family, a family composed of at least one child and one that has a grandmother along, a family that has about 3 days to spend on their Branson vacation and with a limited expense account. For example, A dinner cruise on the Branson Belle costs $45, and although this is a great attraction, it would be excluded because of cost. I'm not sure that it would appeal to a 10 year old either, although I could be wrong here.
So I would like nominations for this list from veteran Branson goers, people who have done it all.
Because I recently visited Branson with my 86 year old Mom,
I want to start this thread off with two nominations:
1. Ride the Ducks
2. Lamberts in Ozark
The Ducks cost about $15 and show much of the Branson area, including a navigation on Table Rock Lake. Area history and highlights are a part of this trip and one gets a good overview of the whole area, including the dam and the fish hatchery.
Lamberts is a combination of dining and entertainment, with a reasonably priced child's menu and the opportunity for adults to share a meal, since the portions are huge.
Remember, qualifications for Branson 101 should come from all veteran Branson goers and must satisfly the age and income requirements.
What would you add to this list and do you agree or disagree with my nominations?
Old 04-18-2002, 07:30 AM   #2
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Here is my suggestions...Presleys, see the show that helped start it all. Has family package. Have taken our children since they was tiny tots even Grandpa and Grandma enjoys the show. Second suggestion would be Shepherd of the Hills another longtime staple to Branson that has a family special that includes a meal, show and tour. Basically an entire days fun for a family budget. And here is my free tour the Fish Hatchery neat for all ages and can't beat the price!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #3
JUDITH

1. The Promise---reaches all ages
2. SDC-- goes without saying
3. The Tracks---Even us big kids get a kick out of them
4. Ride the Ducks----love the splash into Table Rock Lake
5. Branson's American Star---Formerly Polynesian Princess--love
sightseeing cruise
6. Jim Stafford----great entertainer
7. Jammin' for Jesus and All-night Jams during year
8. Beauty of the Ozarks---just "something" about it
9. Shopping----shop till you drop for antiques, crafts, etc.
10. People----we have met and become friends with so many in
the Branson area and surrounding area, they are truly
wonderful.

Old 04-18-2002, 08:35 AM   #4
ggh
Super User

Here's my 3 suggestions -

check out the hotel you're staying in, several offer Buy 1 day, get one day at Silver Dollar City - so although the initial investment is high, you have 2 days of entertainment, with rides, history, and all the free shows you can see in 2 days - don't miss the Echo Hollow at the end of the day! -- my family has managed SDC on a budget for years - we pack a lunch and eat under a tree on the perimeter of the parking lot, and purchase a cup or two inside the park (useful for years to come) refills are only $1.

Spend a day at the lake, find an Army Corps campground, and picnic, fish, swim, watch the wildlife... camp over night if you have the gear, and save yourself the hotel cost.

Bid for your room at Priceline.com - 35 - 50 dollars will get you a nice room at Howard Johnsons, Fairfield Inn, the Raddissonor even Chateau on the Lake.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:28 AM   #5
OkieAnon

1. s.d.c. ..show rides shops....get a season pass and also have discounts to dixie stampede, branson belle.

2. dixie stampede preshow, show and meal make it a pretty affordable and fun thing to do.

3 and 4. mickey gilley and moe bandy reconizable name acts at prices you can live with...under 25.00

6. grand palace ok the price may not be that easy to live with but if you live out in the rural countryside it may be one of the few times you get to see big name acts.

7 and 8 uncle joe's barbecue and cakes n creames big meals at uncle joes and dessert across the parking lot and neither hurt your budget to bad.

9. motel sometimes it costs a little extra but find a motel with everything you want in the way of pools hot tubs location breakfast and just find a little time to relax while on vacation

10. shopping if you want it, you ought to be able to find it in Branson.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:58 AM   #6
susantx

When we go to Branson with our two grandsons, we
usually spend around $600 on shows and attractions.They always want to go to Dixie
Stampede and The Branson Belle.Since we get a
good meal I think it's worth the extra price.They
have to Ride the Ducks every year and of course
go carts and Silver Dollar City.We are also seeing
The
Promise,Jim Stafford,Baldknobbers,Pierce Arrow
and Lost in the Fifties(for me)and Talltimber
Lumberjack show and Acrobats(for them).We also spend a day
out on Tablerock Lake.Since we use our Timeshare
and have to eat anyways,I think Branson
is a great Bargain for a week of fun with the
kids.Cheaper than Disney World and the kids have
just as much fun.(use all the coupons you can find)
Old 04-18-2002, 12:23 PM   #7
bransonlover

My top 3 choices would have to be:

1) The Baldknobbers- OMG! This is one of the funniest shows that I have ever seen! My 7 year old daughter laughed like I have never seen her before. My 13 & 16 year old enjoyed it as well. And of course my husband and I had stomach aches from laughing so hard.

2) The Rockettes- This show is awesome. It has something for every age! Its just too bad that you can only have this entertainment at Christmastime!

3) The Branson Belle- My children were mesmerized by the size of the boat, the show and the captains room. My husband and I loved the show, the romance (of the evening route) and the DESSERT!!!!!

~bransonlover~
Old 04-18-2002, 12:48 PM   #8
showtime

After weighing our childrens thoughts with our own, this would be our top 5 picks:

1. Magnificent 7 Great show for all ages and it doesn't matter what type of music you like, they do it! Dinner can be included and the cost was around $30 per adult so it was affordable.
2. Jim Stafford. Held the kids attention and was enjoyable for all.
3. Table Rock Lake. You can't go wrong spending some time on the water!
4. IMAX. There are enough things with shopping, food, movies, and shows that everyone can find something they like to do.
5. Kirby VanBurch. We all liked this show.

I didn't include SDC because this was supposed to be for ages 8 - 80 and the walking at SDC is not that easy! I also did not include some of the shows my husband and I enjoy since this was supposed to include kids and our children don't particulary like country music. ]
Old 04-18-2002, 01:34 PM   #9
plainol'me

Here's My List:

1 - Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery!! My 74 year-old father has as much fun as my 12 year-old nephew watching the feeding frenzy of these fish!!! I find myself going over there when I've got an afternoon free, just wandering around and watching the fish!

2 -- the Scenery!! Everywhere you look there is some amazing example of God's handiwork.

3 -- Pierce Arrow & Paul Harris!! I have been telling EVERYone about this show!!! You've just GOT to see it!!!

4 -- Ride The Ducks!! What a fun way to see the area.

5 -- The Promise!! Great show, the greatest story, and a real memory-maker.

6 -- Henning Conservation Area!! What a great place to wander around, or sit and chill, and check out the beauty of the Ozarks.

7 -- Lamberts!! Great food, great fun...need I say more??

8 -- Table Rock Lake!! Lots of places to just go "hang" for a day, like Moonshine Beach.

9 -- The Dutton Family!! One of the best shows in Branson, reasonably priced, and appeals to all ages.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:37 PM   #10
sdcfan

1.silver dollar city
2.shepard of the hills tour and play
3.dixie stampede
4.branson belle
5.ride the ducks
Old 04-19-2002, 07:22 AM   #11
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

1. golfing Thousand Hills
2. flyfishing the MDC boatramp
3. golfing Holiday Hills
4. flyfishing by the dam
5. golfing Pointe Royale
6. flyfishing the clay banks
7. golfing Branson Creek
8. flyfishing the rebar hole
9. boating on Taneycomo
10. the scenic overlook of Taneycomo

I have a wide variety of tastes.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:42 AM   #12
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Yes, it looks like you do, but I'm not sure that a 10 year old or an 80 year grandmother would share the same priorities, and that was in the criteria for this post. Many have mentioned SDC, but the walking required in that activity would be prohibitive for many octogenarians as well. I was surprised that no one mentioned The Butterfly Place, a place for young and old alike, a wonderful refuge from the hustle and bustle of Branson- an absolute delight!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:26 AM   #13
ggh
Super User

Silver Dollar City

My grandmother is in her mid 70's, and she LOVES to go to SDC with her sister, who is older than she, neither of them are in great health, or in good shape, but they'll go to SDC as many times a year as they can get a ride (neither of them drive anywhere but here in my little town). They may not run down the hill to Fire in the Hole, but they can get around well enough to make it to several shows a day, and they thoroughly enjoy sitting on a bench and people watching - true, they may not do the same things my kids do, but they definately don't enjoy it any less!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #14
Countrygirl

This is some favorites my family likes to enjoy

1. Pirates Cove (we play lots of golf and acarde games here)
2. Paul Harris (we laughed so much our stomach hurt) A Must See Show
3. Shepherd of the Hills
4. Dixie Stampede
5. Shopping and Acarde Games at 76 Mall

This was not on the list I am adding it places we like to eat
1. Grand Country Buffet
2. The Plantation Resturant
3. Cakes n Creams
4. Cracker Barrell
5. Golden Corral
Old 03-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #15
lsheagney
Ultra Member

I take my 83 year old mother and my teenage granddaughter (17) and my littler granddaughter (4). We all have a great time in Silver Dollar City. My mom gets the electric cart to enable her to get around easier. I think it runs about $40 but is well worth it. She has now purchased an electric cart so she will be using it this year instead, hopefully it will be ok to pull the hills in SDC. If you get season passes for SDC you get the lunch cruise on the Branson Belle for 1/2 price. This makes for a reasonable price on both. If you go to SDC twice during your visit the pass pays for itself not to mention the great discount on the Belle.

Closed Thread