1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
TexAg82

Thumbs up Fishing - Tablerock vs. Taneycomo

I'll be up there in early August and staying in the Village of Indian Point. I have a son 13, and a daugher 16. I'm not a big fisherman, and my fishing experience the past 15 years has been on the Texas intracoastal waters.

Should we spend any time trying to fish Tablerock, or spend our time in Taneycomo trying our hand at trout fishing?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Hunters Friend
V Twins & Vettes

In my opinion

Taneycomo is a slam dunk. Table Rock will be REALLY tough to fish at that time of the year, plus it is such a boat/jet-ski lake I am not sure the fishing would be all that much fun.

When the wife and I have time and we want to catch fish, Taneycomo is always the place we hit.

Have fun.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
SilverMallard
Ultra Member

For a novice fisherman, getting a pontoon boat and fishing Taneycomo is the way to go. Start here: http://www.ozarkanglers.com
Old 07-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
TexAg82

Thanks to both of you for the advice. We'll try Taneycomo with a Pontoon and I may get my waders out as well.

Regards.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
xander1218

Are there pan fish in Taneycomo? Yummmmy!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #6
SilverMallard
Ultra Member

About 95% of the time, panfish are common from about downtown on downstream to Powersite Dam. But trout are also still common. You can catch Crappie, Smallmouth, Sunfish, Bluegills, etc. in lower Taneycomo.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
funluvin

We just returned from Branson and fishing was one of our prioritys. We had kids 8, 11, and 15 who all wanted to fish. Thanks to silvermallard and flyfishinggolfer they talked us into renting a pontoon....the best thing we ever did! We rented a pontoon from Lilley's Landing and it was like new! I think they told us they were only 3 months old. We went out by 7 am until noon and caught 4 trout. The experience was great....saw a bald eagle land across from us and the kids thought the morning fog was really fun to watch burn off. We returned back and fished the docks in the evening....only caught one at that time since the dam was open, but no one cared. It was a relief from the heat since it was so much cooler down there. If you are considering a place to fish...Lake Taneycomo has our vote. We did spend some time at Tablerock's Moonshine beach and the kids loved that for swimming...but there was a LOT of boat and jet ski activity Tablerock. Hope you have a great time and seriously think about renting a pontoon...you won't regret it!

Closed Thread