1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
OkieAnon

summer movies?

seen anything good? seen anything advertised that you want to see?

it's that time of the year.... Memorial day to July 4th, the time where aliens invade earth, superheroes save us from evil, dumb comedies, sometimes something serious enough to be considered for an Oscar.

it's blockbuster time, Star Wars is out, Cinderella Man premiered.... still to come among others is War of the Worlds (anybody think Tom Cruise should be tranquilized for the summer?), Bewitched, Batman Begins, Fantastic Four...
Old 06-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

I'm afraid that the only summer movie I've seen so far has been Madagascar....grandkids ya know! It was billed to be the "next Shrek", but wasn't. There were a couple of cute scenes, but one of the twins and I were really ready to go home about mid-way thru.

Hopefully, I will get to see at least one "grown-up" (afraid to say "adult" ) movie this summer.

Last edited by PatiCake101; 06-14-2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Did you include SPRINGFIELD'S OWN, BRAD PITT in Mr and Mrs Smith....with Lips Larue?

Looks like it might be pretty funny.......

I watched some good ones on DISH.....this weekend...some spies and CIA and stuff......spooky but pretty good.

I watched Shrek II last week one afternoon.....I happened to see it on.....and I thought....what is that? I saw the first one.........hehehehhehe......cute.....does this granny watch cartoons? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

But, that Anthony Bandaros as that Orange Cat with the Swashbuckling Hat and Boots .....with the claws......and then the eyes......then the claws.....just cracked me up. Its not nice to wash yer __________ while the movie is going.....that PUSSNBOOTS didn't care.....what a classic.....class act?....no.........he was cute anyway........cause only Granny knew the real story behind the words.......kids would never understand why granny was on the FLHAO.........roflol too.

That Jacka$$ in that Shrek series, is a Smarta$$.........hehehhehehehhehehe.......love him too.

Now to get serious again.......there are really no GREAT MOVIES out there, so we have to settle for what there is...........

Here kitty kitty.......
Old 06-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
gidgetmidget
Owner of Branson Critic

I want to see BatMan
Old 06-15-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
okiegirl26
Ultra Member

We watched The Longest Yard last week, and it was pretty good. Hubby is a big Adam Sandler fan, so we had to see it. It had some funny stuff, but according to hubby, it still wasn't as funny as Happy Gilmore. Overall I liked it, and I'd probably watch it again.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #6
Davidab53
Ultra Member

My wife and I see a lot of movies and I would have to say the best movie this year is Cinderella Man. I had to drag my wife to see it when I told her it was about boxing, but she enjoyed it thoroughly after it started. The movie appeals to all audiences. It had us laughing, cheering, biting our nails, and sobbing (just my wife......in a very low manly voice). Some are saying that it is the early favorite for the Oscars. I would have to agree. It was excellent! I don't think there is a part that Russell Crowe can't pull off. He was excellent as well as Renee Zelwigger. Awesome...Awesome...Awesome

I have also watched Star Wars.....Great movie if you are a Fan.....Maybe the best Star Wars so far!

Longest Yard was OK......If you like bad acting and Sandler style comedy

Monster In Law.....My wife loved it......I fell asleep.........need I say more....but to be fair, my wife fell asleep in Star Wars

My Video Pick for the summer is Napoleon Dynamite! You will either love it or absolutely hate it! I watched this movie last fall at the theatre and I have been hooked ever since. I ran out and bought the DVD the first day it hit the stores. In order to enjoy this movie you must realize that.....it is what it is. No bells or whistles, just a goofy kid living in a weird town, with a bunch of ordinary but interesting people. Viewers should not think to much into this movie. Very dry humor but it had me rolling in the aisle at the theatre.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #7
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

OMG...Napoleon Dynamite....I can't believe I wasted 20 bucks on that movie for my kids who thinks it the funniest thing ever....If I hear the lines from the movie...Tina you fat lard one more time...or get your own tots....or Vote for Pedro...I'm gonna scream... . So I guess I would fall into the category of I absolutely hated the movie. Your right....this is no in between you love it or hate it..lol.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
Davidab53
Ultra Member

g o s h..............idiot lol
Old 06-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #9
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!@@##@@!!****%%#@^%$...I told ya I was gonna scream hearing another line from the movie. LOLOL

Closed Thread