1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
mmks

Kayaking?

Anyone done the kayaking? We saw ads for it and have always thought it looked like fun, only been in a kayak once before for about 5 minutes. Would this be a good way to be on the lake? Would an 8 yo be able to do this? Would appreciate any input.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Sorry, I don't have any personal info but,

Check this out right on site:
http://www.getawaysaver.com/branson/kayaking.html
Old 06-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
tae woman

Everyone is going to have their own opinion on this subject.

I personally own a kayak and live on the lake on a very quiet cove. I fish in the kayak all the time and really enjoy it.

I DO NOT go out of my cove however as it does get rough.

It really depends on if you like quiet, slow moving things.

I think a pontoon boat would be a better way to be on the lake and to see the lake especially with a little one. I don't think that a little one would be interested in a kayak very long. As a young girl, I always enjoyed canoeing, but we were always on very small lakes.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
ggh
Super User

If you want to spend time in a kayak, I'd suggest kayaking down a river. There are lots of fun, floatable rivers within a few hours of Branson if you'd like to go that route.

The lakes are going to be too rough IMO, to enjoy being in a kayak, and in order to go where you want to go, in the lake, you are going to have to be constantly paddling. You could stay in a cove and fish from a kayak - but a pontoon boat or fishing boat would be more suitable for that.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
mmks

Thanks, I really didn't think about the lack of current, or how rough it may be. I might try to look into a river trip. I was thinking more for myself and my 16yo, but sure my totally outdoorsy 8 yo would want to do it too.

Closed Thread