1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:13 AM   #1
Rob

fishing taneycomo

What do I need to get for lures, before I get there. Mepps spinners?, And what size?. Someone told me to buy a deep running model of mepps.
I have a large assortment of crank baits, but would like to have every thing I need when I get there. Are treble hooks allowed? Out side the tropy,what do I need to fish worms or powerbait with. what type of Rig and weight? So I guess Make, color and size of anything I may need would be a big Help to me. Looking forward the Trip.

Thanks for any help
Rob
Old 08-29-2004, 05:50 AM   #2
gary
Administrator

For what it's worth I would recommend that you go to the Announcment about Fishing Lake Taneycomo at the top of this page and go to the link indicated in the Branson Courier. Just read the current weeks report all the way through. It will cover most of what you need to know to start fishing the lake from Flyfishing to Power bait. The most importent information is the care that should be paid to water on and off situations and, for fishing outside the Trophy Zone, the default info under Bob Klines report. I would suggest that you use maximum 4 pound test for your last six feet of line with whatever rig you use, use the standard drift rigs sold a marinas up and down the lake for drift fishing, and use power bait when not using artificials. Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
SilverMallard
Ultra Member

Rapala Countdown crankbaits in Rainbow and Brown trout patterns...I fish the 2-hook sizes.

Treble hooks are permitted, but they defeat the purpose of the slot limit (to release healthy fish between 12" and 20" back immediately UNHARMED) unless you debarb them. Outside the trophy zone, if you are keeping fish this is not an issue.

Mepps and Cleo spinners...usually the smaller the better. Variety of colors...what they hit best changed with the weather and water conditions.

Nightcrawlers and Power Bait both work well and are legal outside the trophy zone.

The 4lb. test recommendation for your leader section is a good one. Also, size 16 hooks are a good idea.

Closed Thread