Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #16
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
Parking lot looks rather limited. looks like if you park on the side you might get stuck with drive thru traffic
The parking they have works fairly well, the problem is that they need about twice that amount on busy days. I have a feeling this is going to haunt them a great deal.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 AM   #17
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

[QUOTE=DalmatianDad;924932]The parking they have works fairly well, the problem is that they need about twice that amount on busy days. I have a feeling this is going to haunt them a great deal.[/QUOTE

be interesting to see if that locations stays "busy" after the new wears off, say by july next year.. It will still be "new" to a lot of visitors next spring/summer.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #18
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I wonder what Olive Garden thinks of people parking in theyre parking lot
Old 12-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #19
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not impressed. I had the medium Delux Original, wife had the Cranberry Apple Pecan Chicken salad. With two medium fountain drinks it was $25
Her $10 salad was quite good, and large. But still nothing to bring me back. The bread on my sandwich that seems to be their "bragging point" was far from something to brag about. Kind of airy, and tasteless. Almost a stale taste, and consistency to it.
I can get much better at Jane Dough's, Vaskin's or Sugar Leaf.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #20
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Not impressed. I had the medium Delux Original, wife had the Cranberry Apple Pecan Chicken salad. With two medium fountain drinks it was $25
Her $10 salad was quite good, and large. But still nothing to bring me back. The bread on my sandwich that seems to be their "bragging point" was far from something to brag about. Kind of airy, and tasteless. Almost a stale taste, and consistency to it.
I can get much better at Jane Dough's, Vaskin's or Sugar Leaf.
Have to admit, their overall appeal is not what I'm used to at other Schlotzskys I've eaten at. Maybe in time.. Yes, it seems a bit expensive.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #21
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The name sounded very familiar to a place that used to be in a suburb of St. Louis. Schlotzski's Deli I think it was called. Very similar with the sandwiches served on a big, round loaf of bread. Long gone, but I remember them being quite a bit better that what I experienced today. I also don't remember anything in the name about "Austin". Could it be the original was taken over, or resurrected by another company?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #22
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
The name sounded very familiar to a place that used to be in a suburb of St. Louis. Schlotzski's Deli I think it was called. Very similar with the sandwiches served on a big, round loaf of bread. Long gone, but I remember them being quite a bit better that what I experienced today. I also don't remember anything in the name about "Austin". Could it be the original was taken over, or resurrected by another company?
The first time I ate at a Schlotzsky's was in Austin TX in 1983. Maybe it was a local chain then. The sandwiches were on round bread, similar to a New Orleans muffaletta.

It eventually became a national chain. The company went into bankruptcy in 2004 and a bunch of locations closed. Now it is making a comeback.

https://www.fastcasual.com/articles/...are-long-gone/
Old 12-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #23
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Yup, looked it up. Thought I had posted my findings. Several changes on ownership, and management. A couple bankruptcies.
Yes, the bread was a lot like a muffaletta. Now in shape only. The best word I can use to describe it now is fibrous.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #24
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Finally got to try this place yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed my Aloha Brisket Sliders. I'll be back, I'm sure.

Closed Thread