1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Billy Gails

Figuring staying an extra day that the wait would be a lot less. They were surprisingly busy for the Monday after a long, busy holiday weekend. But the wait was only a few minutes. The food was awesome as ever, and the service the familiar friendly, and efficient.
What I did notice is an addition on the back. Adding 4 or 5 more tables, and an additional restroom.
Now, if they can only add more parking!

Our server told me their last day for Winter will be December 20. Reopening March 1.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:01 AM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Figuring staying an extra day that the wait would be a lot less. They were surprisingly busy for the Monday after a long, busy holiday weekend. But the wait was only a few minutes. The food was awesome as ever, and the service the familiar friendly, and efficient.
What I did notice is an addition on the back. Adding 4 or 5 more tables, and an additional restroom.

Our server told me their last day for Winter will be December 20. Reopening March 1.
They need the additional restroom, the extra 4 or 5 tables is a good thing.. I understand their winter shutdown time, but always hate to hear about it.. Would love to eat there during the off season..

Love that place!! just dont get to go very often, hate the wait.!
Old 11-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I understand their winter shutdown time, but always hate to hear about it.. Would love to eat there during the off season..

Love that place!! just dont get to go very often, hate the wait.!
I agree whole heartedly! I don't understand why places don't stay open in the 'off season'. I can't help but think they'd have plenty of business from those of us who don't wait during the 'season' to keep at least half of the employees employed!
Old 11-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I agree whole heartedly! I don't understand why places don't stay open in the 'off season'. I can't help but think they'd have plenty of business from those of us who don't wait during the 'season' to keep at least half of the employees employed!
Maybe they enjoy the time off as seasonal workers/business.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
titleman

After 9 months of running this place I would think a break is deserved.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:41 AM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Oh sure, I understand the basis of it.. They have been open for 10 months, 7 days a week, about 10 hours a day, Lots of employees and going full blast all day every day.

They lay off the employees just like everyone else in Branson, so they can draw unemployment for 2 months..
I am sure the gross profit in that particular business is very high, so the owners can relax and not worry about bills.

Now then, LOL, on a personal, selfish note.., they could run limited winter hours say --- wed-sun, open 8-12, Breakfast only, would need fewer employees for locals traffic , and still have plenty of time off to relax and give us a shot to enjoy their service and food!!!
Old 11-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #7
craftemp
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post

When I visited Branson in October, I was seated in the new addition. Personally I prefer not sitting there. It doesn't have the same cozy, warm feeling. However, the food was GREAT as always. I had French Toast with caramel and toasted pecans. All I can say in YUMMY !!

Closed Thread