1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
avery4

Brought a Visitor home with me!

Well we got hom saturday and so on Sunday I emptied the suitcases and seperated the clothes for washing..well last night I went to put the suitcases away and I picked it up and went to zip it up....and something fell out (my carpets are darker brown) I reached down (didnt have my glasses on) and picked it up OMGGGGGGGGGGGG It was a HUGE SPIDER!!! I started screaming like a banshee........My son come running down the stairs mom are you ok? All I could say was spiderrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol I had flung it towards the kitchen he found it hiding behind the dogs water dish lol He saw it and said Mom that thing is hugeeeeeeeee lol (see if I was here alone I would have sprayed him with hairspray) but my son smashed it good lol I have only seen little spiders outside and once in awhile in the bathtub....but never saw one like this lol This morning he told his dad it was monsterous? lol My hubby said Ohhhhhhh lol Until son pulled the papertowel out of the trash and then he said darn that is a big one lol So next time im gonna check to make sure I dont bring anymore "visitors" home with me...paula
Old 07-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
engel
Super Ultra Member

eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

See, even spiders like to visit Branson!
A fact everyone should remember when traveling any place.
Check you luggage, outside!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
julieeileen
Super Ultra Member

I can't remember who gave this tip in another post, but I for one remember the tip itself. He said to be sure and put your suitcase up on the luggage rack in most motel rooms. He said it would help avoid any critters coming home with your via your suitcase! I never really thought about it until he posted it. I do it now.

Paula, just out of curiousity, did you have your suitcase in the floor of where you were staying?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Well from what Paula says...she doesnt see many spiders, and since we have a ''bunch'' maybe we should box em up and share with Nebraska.

We get some dandy ''grass spiders''...if you look closely they are really kind of pretty. However, the thought of one walking on the bed at night, and across my face...........is alittle too much excitement for me.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieeileen View Post
I can't remember who gave this tip in another post, but I for one remember the tip itself. He said to be sure and put your suitcase up on the luggage rack in most motel rooms. He said it would help avoid any critters coming home with your via your suitcase! I never really thought about it until he posted it. I do it now.

Paula, just out of curiousity, did you have your suitcase in the floor of where you were staying?
I believe the tip came from COACH MAN!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
avery4

Hi all!

Noooo julie it wasnt on the floor our condo had a walk-in closet so I set the suitcases on the upper shelf in the closet.Cheesecake, lol its funny we usually dont see many spiders until it gets cold...usually little ones..lol Not bigggggggggggg ones..But we do have granddaddy long legs....we used to pick em up and through on each other growing up lol hubby thinks thats gross that I will pick them up..lol he is such a wimp...lol But Nooooooo I dont want nooooooooo more spiders! Btw cheese I went to the library and picked up the book Standing in the Rainbow...Im gonna hopefully get started on it in few days after my grandsons birthday party tomorrow! Paula

Closed Thread