1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #16
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Thank you RJW. That was very nice of you. We did eat again at Godfathers. It was excellent again. Their chicken is the or tied for the best fried chicken in the state. And, we were good for the rest of the day food wise.

Fly
Old 04-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #17
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankfulldadof3 View Post
Just got back from Branson and it seems like a struggle to find good places to eat.
OMG!!!! I am literally in shock! Why? Because my 2 main reasons to go to Branson are the shows & the great independently owned (non-chain) places to eat! I have never before known anyone who had trouble finding a good place to eat in Branson. Some of my favorites are Branson Center Stage, the Hungry Hunter (breakfast & lunch - the homemade soups are amazing!), Sugar Leaf Treats, Danna’s BBQ & Sandwich Shop ( I actually prefer their tasty catfish over the barbecue, but both are good), and a more recent favorite, the Star Bar Grill & Star View on 165 highway across from the Welk. Food is delicious! Star View is a bit more upscale, but Star Bar is reasonably priced.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:32 PM   #18
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
OMG!!!! I am literally in shock! Why? Because my 2 main reasons to go to Branson are the shows & the great independently owned (non-chain) places to eat! I have never before known anyone who had trouble finding a good place to eat in Branson. Some of my favorites are Branson Center Stage, the Hungry Hunter (breakfast & lunch - the homemade soups are amazing!), Sugar Leaf Treats, Danna’s BBQ & Sandwich Shop ( I actually prefer their tasty catfish over the barbecue, but both are good), and a more recent favorite, the Star Bar Grill & Star View on 165 highway across from the Welk. Food is delicious! Star View is a bit more upscale, but Star Bar is reasonably priced.
I have had so many people tell me I need to try Center Stage, but I definitely would like to go at a time when there is no music. Do they always have someone playing, or are there times when you can just go and eat? I love music, but sometimes I just need a break.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:19 PM   #19
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
I have had so many people tell me I need to try Center Stage, but I definitely would like to go at a time when there is no music. Do they always have someone playing, or are there times when you can just go and eat? I love music, but sometimes I just need a break.
Yes, you can't escape it. It's their shtick. Probably why I don't go there very often.
You can get a little away from it by asking to be seated in the back. It's a big place.
The food is outstanding, the forced "entertainment" quite often not.
Pickin' Porch Grill has a much better setup. Scheduled live entertainment, in the evening, and only on certain nights. Along with their great food it is the perfect setup. A great meal in peace for those who don't want to be "entertained" every waking hour in Branson. Live music ( no karaoke machine accompaniment) on selected evenings.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:01 PM   #20
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
The only time they typically do not have music is on Sunday.

You can, however, sit in the Kaffee Haus and should be able to order from the menu in there. I know we've done it on more than one occasion.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:50 PM   #21
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
OMG!!!! I am literally in shock! Why? Because my 2 main reasons to go to Branson are the shows & the great independently owned (non-chain) places to eat!
This is absolutely right on!
Much harder to compile a list of places to eat that aren't outstanding.
From great diners and dives to outstanding fine dining. From burger joints to buffets. Branson has some of the best places to eat per square mile than any vacation destination in the country.
If this isn't some drive-by thread maybe the OP could be kind enough to let the members here know exactly whst they are looking for. Or maybe they are "chained" to familiarity, and judge restaurants by the number of locations throughput the country.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #22
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankfulldadof3 View Post
Just got back from Branson and it seems like a struggle to find good places to eat. We are not fancy people as of now our favorite place to eat is Fuddruckers. We went to Godfathers pizza buffet and it was just awful. Going back to Branson in July where do you all like to go to eat in Branson?
BBQ- Get'n Bast'd in the old baldknobbers rest location... Hands down best in town..

Deep Dish Pizza - Try Bucketlist in the Meadow mall area..

Pickin Porch is good,

Also a Great Puller Pork sandwhich at The Cheeky Monkee

Want a good Hot Dog, or Chile Fries?, or maybe a good Ice Cream Cone, try Mr. B's in downtown old Branson

McFarlands in the Imax Mall, good plain american food.. (Decent catfish dinner) or Fish and Chips
Old 04-30-2019, 08:33 PM   #23
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Breakfast:
Hungry Hunter
Billy Gails
Farmhouse
Clockers
McFarlain's
Grand Country (buffet)

Lunch
All of the above plus:
Billy Bob's Dairyland
Danna's
Burger Shack
Vaskin's Deli
Jane Dough Sandwichs
Pickin' Porch Grill
Sugar Leaf Bakery & Cafe
Garfield's
Branson Center Stage
Greek Gyros and Deli
Tequilla's II
Botanas Premier Mexican Restaurant and Bar
Little Hacienda
Altenhof Inn
Black Oak Grill

Lunch/dinner
Most of the above plus:
Shorty Smalls
Getin' Basted
Montana Mikes
Charlie's Steak Ribs, and Ale
Outback Steak and Oyster Bar (Not the chain)
India Clay Oven
Pasghetti's
Florentina's Ristorante Italiano
Mr Gilberti's Place Chicago Pizza
White River Fish House

Fine dining:
Level 2 Steakhouse
Chateau Grille
Dobin's Dining Room Keeter Center
Osage Restaurant Top of the Rock
The Worman House Big Cedar Lodge

Not even a complete list of places that very many people agree are excellent eateries. If you couldn't find good food in Branson, you were probably there for less time than it took me to compile this list. Which really just scratches the surface without mentioning the larger chains like Saltgrass Steakhouse, and Longhorn. Or the more sports bar orented places like Big Whiskey's, and Drafts.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #24
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

where to eat

I am seeing a scary trend on the Landing. Bad service. Last Saturday evening My wife and I went to our Landing favorite, Salt Grass. Did not understand why such a long wait, but so be it. Then, a long wait for dinner. My wife's plate was cold and they forgot the baked potato. It's not complicated just hold the sour cream. My meal was fine but if I waited then mine would be cold. When they brought out her second warmer meal, the baked potato had the sour cream on it.

Scary trend #2 was this Sunday afternoon at Landshark, the new Landing bar and grill with a Key West flavor. The server must have been new, but when my wife joined me she sat there for 10 minutes and no one said boo. (I know what your thinking, it must be her.) But, there was a server at the bar flirting with this woman who'd been there when I got there and was still there when we left. You would think, he could have acknowledged us and at least said, "I get the bartender." He was really focused on the woman at the bar.

The best service we got the entire weekend was at the Cheeky Monkey and the 19th Hole at Pointe Royale. Not on the Landing.

Fly
Old 05-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #25
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Sad to hear that Fly. Hope it was just an isolated coincidence.
Sand, it's tough to really pick a favorite from each list. But with all considered including some with a long wait at times sending me to others I can tell you some of the ones I tend to go to most.
Breakfast....Farmhouse
Lunch.........Pickin Porch Grill
Dinner........ (Really tough to decide) Montana Mikes.
Buffet.........The only one I go to.Grand Country.
For a sweet treat when I'm bad....Andy's
For a treat when I'm really bad....Cheeky Monkey

One note, I wish this had not turned out to be a drive by thread. I would really like to hear from the OP why they thought good eats were so hard to find in Branson.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 05-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:42 PM   #26
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
One note, I wish this had not turned out to be a drive by thread. I would really like to hear from the OP why they thought good eats were so hard to find in Branson.
I have been thinking the same thing...
Old 05-09-2019, 04:24 AM   #27
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Maybe to just stir up trouble...who knows. We've never had trouble finding great places to eat in Branson, and I have been coming there since the early 70's.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:49 AM   #28
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinggolfer View Post
The best service we got the entire weekend was at the Cheeky Monkey and the 19th Hole at Pointe Royale. Not on the Landing.

Fly
SO??? LOL!!! the best service you received was from a local Bar, that is not IN Branson, and tourists dont even know it exists!!! Good deal!!

SHHH>> dont tell anyone.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #29
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
SO??? LOL!!! the best service you received was from a local Bar, that is not IN Branson, and tourists dont even know it exists!!! Good deal!!

SHHH>> dont tell anyone.
I can certainly see that. Very friendly, and accommodating staff at the Monkey. Even in the Winter months during the week when it's mostly all locals in the place everybody, staff and patrons alike, make you feel welcome.

Closed Thread