1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Business After Hours at Belk

The Branson Chamber's Business After Hours is being held tonight at Belk in the Branson Landing from 5:30 to 7 pm. This'll serve as the public's sneak preview before they officially open the store April 5th.

Directions for parking: From Business 65, take a left on Atlantic, go one block to the 4 way stop, turn left on Commercial to parking lot.

R.S.V.P. is required.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

Make sure you give us the scoop on the store!! And the progress at Branson Landing!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
BrokenRoad
Go Gators !

And make sure to take your umbrella and rainsuit!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Belk's opened to the public today at 3pm. Nice store, but I was really disappointed. I thought it was supposed to be more upscale than it is. I would compare it to JC Pennys. Don't get me wrong, it is ok, just not what I expected. Then I kept looking for the exit out to the rest of the mall, THERE ISN"T ONE!! The landing is more of a 'strip mall'. You go out of one store outside then to the next one. Like tanger outlet mall streched out about a mile long with condo's in the middle you have to walk around them. What a cluster. Sorry, just real disappointed.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
ggh
Super User

Inside malls are 'out' these days, and 'strip' malls are 'in'.

Battlefield Mall in Springfield is in the process of opening many of the stores to the outside... I hate malls in general - but would much prefer to be able to park, run into one store and be done with it, than to trapse through a mall to another store.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Fish, you should have stayed for the Chamber after hours tonight. There was a line out the door! Great turnout by local business owners and friends of the community. Belk passed out free $10 gift cards to purchase something inside. I snapped some shots with my cell phone:

Walking through the parking lots to get in line. Most of the landscape is done.

Crowded

Stuff girls like
Old 03-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

I think Belk is generally a tad more upscale than Penney's.. The best way to tell is the "makeup" department... laugh... If they have Clinique, Elizabeth Arden and Estee Lauder it's generally a little better than Penney's..

The funny thing is that I don't really wear makeup... I was in retail for a number of years tho' ... so scoping out department stores is kind of a hobby of mine...

It's not a Neiman Marcus or Saks tho'

As to strip center's opposed to "malls" ... I think it's because the overhead cost SO much less... no interiors to heat/cool.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

oh wow ... pictures from our guy on the ground!!! Thanks! What fun.... you need to do this more often!!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlet
I think Belk is generally a tad more upscale than Penney's.. The best way to tell is the "makeup" department... laugh... If they have Clinique, Elizabeth Arden and Estee Lauder it's generally a little better than Penney's..
Pam, if you're referring to those places where the saleswomen look like doctors in white coats behind the makeup counter; this is the place.

Let the surgery begin.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Guess I'm just old fashion. When it is raining, I don't wanna get soaked between stores. Whe it is 100 degrees and humid, I don't like to go in and out of the air that many times. When it is cold, don't want to put coat on and off between stores. I wonder if Mall of America is out of date? Just me, but I like comfort whe I shop for a new TIE !! hee hee By the way, didn't find a tie.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #11
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

Ahhh Fish... If you were really old fashioned you'd welcome the going back from the covered mall to the more "main street" type of shopping that the modern outdoor center is modeling... Maybe you aren't as old as your picture?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

Yep kid... those are the places... hahahaha.... The more expensive the cosmetics... the higher end the store... some kind of shopping rule for women.

Seriously ... sounds like the Landing is off to a big start! Now if they'd just get Basin soap in there... I may not wear much makeup - but I DO like to be clean!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #13
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Wow, I see a SALE sign is Kidfuture's pix.
Good going!
Thanks for doing that.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:21 PM   #14
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

What seems like a strip mall is now a - - -TA DA--"Lifestyle Center"
In about 10 years someone will come up with a covered Life style mall and will be right back where we started

The phrase, "don't take this the wrong way" has a zero percent success rate .
Old 03-31-2006, 05:36 AM   #15
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the pictures. I've never been in a Belk before so looking forward to a visit.

Closed Thread