1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 12-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The best BBQ in Branson...

...Isn't in Branson. No, it's at Fat Daddy's in Forsyth!
At least to me it is. The ribs are awesome. Served dry, with your choice of mild, sweet, or hot sauce on the table. Not baby back, nor St. Louis ribs. They are genuine spare ribs with the brisket portion still attached. Smoked perfectly to a easy pull of the bone tenderness. I had the rib combo which included a second meat choice. I chose the burnt ends, and was more than pleased with the flavor, and tenderness. Can't wait to try the beef brisket to see if it is also so tender. My choice for the three sides that came with the meal was smoked beans, really great bbq beans with chunks of smoked meat. Fried okra, pretty standard for anywhere that has fried okra. Cole slaw, good but not anything outstanding.
We also had an appetizer of smoked, fried wings. You can have them tossed in any of the bbq sauces, or traditional wing sauce. We chose dry, and they were amazing. Tender, and moist with a rich smokey flavor, but not too much. With the skin very crispy, almost like pork rinds.
Absolutely worth the 18 mile drive to Forsyth!
https://www.fatdaddybbq.net
Old 12-05-2019, 05:28 AM   #2
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Best BBQ

Being from the KC area I am a BBQ snob. Now I can't wait to try Fat Daddy's.
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:11 AM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinggolfer View Post
Being from the KC area I am a BBQ snob. Now I can't wait to try Fat Daddy's.
It's decent. But not really on par with the best of KC BBQ for THIS BBQ snob. Better than much of what Branson has to offer...except for Gettin' Basted and Big D's. Gettin' Basted ranks pretty high with the KC BBQ Society, so you know they are doing something right.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #4
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Bbq

So much BBQ! So little time!

Fly
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinggolfer View Post
So much BBQ! So little time!

Fly
Yup! At least for those who are only here once in a while. Since I live here, I have a bit more chance to check them all out. Which is why I'm always happy to share my opinion from a BBQ snob's point of view!
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

But...best BBQ'd WHAT??? So far, only "ribs" are being discussed and reviewed. How about BEEF, as in Brisket? Or CHICKEN? Brisket is always a hit or miss item...mostly miss, IMO. Chicken...well, I have had some awesome pulled smoked (bbq'd) chicken a FEW times...and some not so good at all quite a few times. I think the best I ever had was at a BBQ restaurant that used to be at the Battlefield mall in Springfield...can't remember the name now, closed a few years ago...had all sorts of major league baseball stuff all over its walls. My date that night also said they had the best cedar plank salmon she had ever eaten. So how about it, all you self proclaimed BBQ "snobs"? How about best Beef and Chicken!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
But...best BBQ'd WHAT??? So far, only "ribs" are being discussed and reviewed. How about BEEF, as in Brisket? Or CHICKEN? Brisket is always a hit or miss item...mostly miss, IMO. Chicken...well, I have had some awesome pulled smoked (bbq'd) chicken a FEW times...and some not so good at all quite a few times. I think the best I ever had was at a BBQ restaurant that used to be at the Battlefield mall in Springfield...can't remember the name now, closed a few years ago...had all sorts of major league baseball stuff all over its walls. My date that night also said they had the best cedar plank salmon she had ever eaten. So how about it, all you self proclaimed BBQ "snobs"? How about best Beef and Chicken!
Didn't elaberate on the burnt ends other than this.
Quote:
I chose the burnt ends, and was more than pleased with the flavor, and tenderness. Can't wait to try the beef brisket to see if it is also so tender.
And mentioned the smoked, fried wings here
Quote:
We also had an appetizer of smoked, fried wings. You can have them tossed in any of the bbq sauces, or traditional wing sauce. We chose dry, and they were amazing. Tender, and moist with a rich smokey flavor, but not too much. With the skin very crispy, almost like pork rinds.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
It's decent. But not really on par with the best of KC BBQ for THIS BBQ snob. Better than much of what Branson has to offer...except for Gettin' Basted and Big D's. Gettin' Basted ranks pretty high with the KC BBQ Society, so you know they are doing something right.
"doing something right", Yep!! i would say so.. rated number 9 in tripadvisor...