1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
jerryb

Downtown Cafes

I love The Farmhouse Cafe and go every time I am in Branson. But I have never been to Clockers Cafe or Branson Cafe. How do these compare?
Old 10-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
I love The Farmhouse Cafe and go every time I am in Branson. But I have never been to Clockers Cafe or Branson Cafe. How do these compare?
clocker's is a good alternative to the Farmhouse for breakfast when they are backed up out the door with a 45 minute wait.
I've only had lunch a Clocker's a couple times, but it was good. I don't think they are open for dinner, so Farmhouse still is tops for an evening meal.
Branson Cafe, closed up a couple times, tries to make comebacks, but in my opinion does not compare with Farmhouse and Clockers.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
justgohogs

we've had breakfast at both Farmhouse and Clockers and they're very comparable in terms of food, service and price. You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I misinformed you a bit about Cleaning cker's. I thought for sure they were juet breakfast and lunch. My mistake, they arevopen for dinner, but do close earlier than Farmhouse. Hours are 6:00 AM-6PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #5
jerryb

Thanks for the replies. Since I don’t normally eat breakfast I think I will stick with The Farmhouse.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:50 AM   #6
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Branson Café is good also. We used to love to go there for Breakfast, but also love their lunches and dinner. Beans & Cornbread or any of their sandwich baskets is good.

Vickie
Old 10-21-2019, 09:49 AM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

You will NOT go wrong with The Farmhouse! Good choice. I've been to all three..Farmhouse is tops in so many categories. But, I do have friends who feel just a strong about Clockers...it runs a close second. Branson Cafe...nah...not so much. But I am sure it has it's fans also...when it is open.

So I was thinking about why I prefer the Farmhouse...yes food is very good, fresh, a great salad bar for lunch and dinner, wait staff very efficient and friendly, the entire place is CLEAN at all times, had a fresh remodel not so long ago...all these are in the PLUS category, for me, anyway...but...there was something else that I just identified the other day while sitting in their enjoying a cup of coffee....and that is the SUNLIGHT! The position of the restaurant, large windows facing south/east, ensures that sunlight is always brightening up the place, even on a cold winter day...even on an overcast day, there still is "lux" and UV light rays shining in those windows! Branson Cafe, gets no, or very little, of that in the late fall/winter, Clockers, yes, some in the very early morning, but once the sun makes it's low arc around to the "no window" side of that restaurant, mid morning or thereabouts, very little if any.

I always wondered why i felt more awake, more energized, sitting in The Farmhouse having breakfast or an early lunch, and I think I finally figured out why, compared to the other two places. Regardless, try them all, then pick your favorite and patronize it, and support it...let's always try to do out part to keep these small, non chain restaurants in business!
Old 10-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
You will NOT go wrong with The Farmhouse! Good choice. I've been to all three..Farmhouse is tops in so many categories. But, I do have friends who feel just a strong about Clockers...it runs a close second. Branson Cafe...nah...not so much. But I am sure it has it's fans also...when it is open.

So I was thinking about why I prefer the Farmhouse...yes food is very good, fresh, a great salad bar for lunch and dinner, wait staff very efficient and friendly, the entire place is CLEAN at all times, had a fresh remodel not so long ago...all these are in the PLUS category, for me, anyway...but...there was something else that I just identified the other day while sitting in their enjoying a cup of coffee....and that is the SUNLIGHT! The position of the restaurant, large windows facing south/east, ensures that sunlight is always brightening up the place, even on a cold winter day...even on an overcast day, there still is "lux" and UV light rays shining in those windows! Branson Cafe, gets no, or very little, of that in the late fall/winter, Clockers, yes, some in the very early morning, but once the sun makes it's low arc around to the "no window" side of that restaurant, mid morning or thereabouts, very little if any.

I always wondered why i felt more awake, more energized, sitting in The Farmhouse having breakfast or an early lunch, and I think I finally figured out why, compared to the other two places. Regardless, try them all, then pick your favorite and patronize it, and support it...let's always try to do out part to keep these small, non chain restaurants in business!
Don't forget the "card"!
Server initials it for each $10, and after six initials, it's worth ten bucks off your next meal.
That's almost a 17% discount!
But be ready for a wait. Sunday morning around 11:00 we had an hour wait. Some ladies that were just being seated when I checked in at 11:00 said they had been waiting since 9:00!

Closed Thread