Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 11-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Dining reviews

Cracker barrel twice. 1 breakfast and 1 dinner both very good

Shorty Smalls: great food and service

Billy Bobs: burger, fries, and malt were excellent. Service was great.

Golden Corral: NASTY FOOD. Buffet was empty and what was there very bland. We left hungry. Never return.

IHOP: we were seated right away. It was not that busy. Waitress took our order. We waited and waited and waited for our food. In the meantime the soap opera started between the wait staff. Arguing, being rude to each other, talking very loudly. One waitress forgot a whole table of 6 food as she was to busy with all the drama. One staff said "where is the new girl, she said she was going to her car 20min ago" Guess what she never came back. I would have ran from all that drama to. When our food came my wife's toast was burnt and my sausage was cold. We ate, paid and left.

Ate pizza and funnel cake at SDC. Both were very good.
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Talking Shepherd's Mill Restaurant

There is a new(ish) restaurant at Shepherd of the Hills called Shepherd's Mill.

The decor looks like they may have taken lessons from the folks that built the Keeter Center addition in that although it is new construction, it looks like it has been there for over 100 years.

It is basically homestyle cooking.

All of the entrees come with unlimited sides which include baked mac and cheese; corn souffle pudding and Southern-style green beans, (made with a bit of vinegar and pepper like collard or turnip greens). With your entree you have a choice of french fries; smashed potatoes or home fries.

I had the Chicken fried steak. It was fork-tender but a little heavy on the pepper in the coating. Got hotter as I continued to eat.

DW had pulled pork nachos which came in a 14" frying pan and would have been enough for a whole group during a football game. Tasty shredded pork shoulder with cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce ove good salty corn chips. She had the jalapenos on the side.

My brother-in-law had the Matt's meatloaf. Large portion with mashed potatoes and the sides. He had brown gravy on his potatoes, (I had the white gravy with bacon pieces over mine. I could have drunk a bowl of that gravy like a soup!).

Pricing for Branson would be moderate. Sweet tea was enjoyed by the others. I had black coffee.

Nice place. I will be going back for their Thanksgiving brunch. Shepherd’s Mill Restaurant, 5586 W. 76 Country Blvd., Branson, MO 656169, 417-386-0100

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Thanks to both of you for the detailed reviews. Thanks also to WWGang for the chuckle.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote