1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Favorite Things, Least Favorite Thngs about the Branson Area

What are your three favorite and least favorite things about the Branson area?

Favorite

1) Low cost of living.
2) Moderate Climate.
3) Wide variety of activities in the area.

Least Favorite

1) "Holier than thou" attitude towards anyone who is not a staunch conservative.
2) Run down properties on Hwy 76.
3) Increasing number of "Tribute Shows". While some like the Liverpool Legends are very well done, many are not.

Good Times in Branson
Old 12-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
What are your three favorite and least favorite things about the Branson area?

Favorite

1) Low cost of living.
2) Moderate Climate.
3) Wide variety of activities in the area.

Least Favorite

1) "Holier than thou" attitude towards anyone who is not a staunch conservative.
3) Increasing number of "Tribute Shows". While some like the Liverpool Legends are very well done, many are not.

WOW!! Would you believe I agree with you pretty much right down the line? And yes, even on your least favorite part! While I am pretty stinking conservative on most things, there are some points on which I take a more "progressive" stance these days. I tend to just keep my mouth closed on those issues as I have close friends and family who would not understand and I just don't care to get in to it most of the time.

If I were to add anything to my list it would be that one of my MOST favorite things is the incredible natural beauty of the area.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Increasing number of "Tribute Shows". While some like the Liverpool Legends are very well done, many are not.
Have you seen them all??
Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
WOW!! Would you believe I agree with you pretty much right down the line? And yes, even on your least favorite part! While I am pretty stinking conservative on most things, there are some points on which I take a more "progressive" stance these days. I tend to just keep my mouth closed on those issues as I have close friends and family who would not understand and I just don't care to get in to it most of the time.

If I were to add anything to my list it would be that one of my MOST favorite things is the incredible natural beauty of the area.
Yes... that would also have been on my list. The Ozarks are absolutely beautiful. I guess that is why I don't mind the trip out to the Branson Airport... the drive is gorgeous!

Good Times in Branson
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCtraveler View Post
Have you seen them all??
No, just a handful. But I have read negative reviews here on many. I will admit that you really never know until you experience the shows yourself. Personally, I know I prefer shows that aren't trying to "copy"someone else which is probably why SIX is my favorite Branson Show.

Good Times in Branson
Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

most
1. It's home to me
2. Ozarks....this includes lakes hills grass rocks...I love it all
3. Friendly People
4. Still feels like a small town but with many of the amenities of a larger city.

Least
1. Not many people that live here are FROM here. I know this may hurt some of your feelings :P
2. Tourist driving skills
3. Over development....they are ruining the hills.
4. Blighted buildings.....this really annoys me. There are so many empty buildings that can be used. Instead of utilizing these building, they ruin our landscape with more over development.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Least Favorite

I agree 100% on the cheesy tribute shows. Way too many in Branson. A half baked version of the original is not always better than nothing at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
lsheagney
Ultra Member

I agree on the tribute shows. I am just not interested in them regardless of how well they are done. They are still just copies.

I agree on the positives about Branson too - especially the natural beauty of the area and plenty of things to do.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
ggh
Super User

Favorite things
1. Natural Scenic beauty - I love the Ozarks!
2. I Love the Friendliness of the people from the Ozarks, most of them have never met a stranger.
3. I Love the Conservative Nature of the People who are my neighbors.

Least Favorite Things
1. Meth and what it has done to the area
2. Lack of Pride in what the area looks like - blight like areas on well traveled roads
3. Distruction of the Natural beauty/removal of trees for 'improvements' that never come to fruition

Last edited by ggh; 12-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bransonguy1988 View Post

Least
1. Not many people that live here are FROM here. I know this may hurt some of your feelings :P
Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit! I think Branson would be more enjoyable if MORE people from outside the area moved in!

Good Times in Branson
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

Quote:
Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit! I think Branson would be more enjoyable if MORE people from outside the area moved in!

It's not that I mind it, sometimes I just find it a bit overwhelming. Especially when someone who just moves here comments on your accent and asks you where you are from, and you confide in them that you have lived in the area your whole life! People don't even know what real locals even talk like anymore!!!! This has happened to me on numerous occasions...I don't like feeling like an outsider in a town I have lived my entire life in . I don't mind a BIT of change, just wish it would go at a slow pace so we would maintain a bit of our culture, dialect, and pride.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #12
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bransonguy1988 View Post
It's not that I mind it, sometimes I just find it a bit overwhelming. Especially when someone who just moves here comments on your accent and asks you where you are from, and you confide in them that you have lived in the area your whole life! People don't even know what real locals even talk like anymore!!!! This has happened to me on numerous occasions...I don't like feeling like an outsider in a town I have lived my entire life in . I don't mind a BIT of change, just wish it would go at a slow pace so we would maintain a bit of our culture, dialect, and pride.
I think you still have it to a large extent. I find the Ozarks culture very unique and enjoyable... I just wish some were a little more accepting of people unlike themselves. A few small things that amuse me that I would have never seen in Minnesota... being called "Hon" and "Darlin" at the Wal-Mart checkout, people commenting on my Minnesota accent, and "You're fine" seeming to be the Ozarks version of Minnesota's "No problem".

Good Times in Branson
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #13
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

Quote:
I think you still have it to a large extent. I find the Ozarks culture very unique and enjoyable... I just wish some were a little more accepting of people unlike themselves. A few small things that amuse me that I would have never seen in Minnesota... being called "Hon" and "Darlin" at the Wal-Mart checkout, people commenting on my Minnesota accent, and "You're fine" seeming to be the Ozarks version of Minnesota's "No problem".

Haha love it! A girl I work with is always saying honey,darlin or sweety. "Bless your heart" is big one with my grandma, she says that ALL the time. I say you're fine on an everyday basis, didn't realize not everyone did that! haha. That is one thing that does stick out to me about people from the upper midwest, they do seem to be much more tolerant in general of people.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
Lindsey
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Favorite things
1. Natural Scenic beauty - I love the Ozarks!
2. I Love the Friendliness of the people from the Ozarks, most of them have never met a stranger.
3. I Love the Conservative Nature of the People who are my neighbors.

Least Favorite Things
1. Meth and what it has done to the area
2. Lack of Pride in what the area looks like - blight like areas on well traveled roads
3. Distruction of the Natural beauty/removal of trees for 'improvements' that never come to fruition

although I am more liberal than the conservative majority here in the ozarks, people here are so full of heart!

however, the meth and associated problems, and the lack of pride in many areas and the destruction of the natural beauty here are all major concerns....poverty and depression could be the source of the lack of pride in areas.....

one other thing that i dislike is the humidity in the summer!

in the big picture - there are so many more good things!!!

Closed Thread