1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Yup...As Expected

Looks like my predictions were right. Running full generation at Beaver the past couple days. Running the three units they can at Table Rock 24/7. SWPA forecasted generation for tomorrow is the same. No word on flood gates to make up for the one unit not available at Table Rock. But it would not surprise me if the predicted wet weather this week develops into heavier than expected rains in the White River watershed.
I'm not sure what the hold up is on the fourth unit at Table Rock. I have heard it is a problem with the gate, not the turbine, or generator. Seems like it's been down for "maintenance" since early last Fall.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:46 AM   #2
kstater1997
Ultra Member

We've started having our "rainy" season here in Central Kansas, and I'm sure in Oklahoma too, wonder how that will be affecting the Lake levels from now on?
Old 03-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Back to 5 gates open 1' each with 3 turbines. Total flow, 15,000 cfs. Tabe Fock is backupover 917 again. More rain predicted. So this patternwill be around for a while.
The good news...I have heard reports that the trout are up in the creeks now. Turkey Creek should be filling with trout as long as there isn another heavy rain bringing in a lot of muddy water. Fishing can be great from the bank in Hulland Park. Small jigs under a float, powerbait eggs , and the King of the Lake for guides the past couple years, Berkley Trout Worms, pink in color, on a tiny 1/80 th oz jig under a float. Add a small.split shot a foot above the jig/worm, and adjust the amount of worm until you find what they will bite best. Many guides start with a half worm, or less.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Norfolk has been discharging water since last week.

I read on KY3 last night where the Branson Lakeside campground was being evacuated.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:49 AM   #5
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Is this the end of wade fishing in Lake Taneycomo? Memorial Day weekend is two months away. Last year all the flood gates were open. The fishing was good, but nothing beats wade fishing the Trophy Area.

Fly
Old 03-21-2020, 08:20 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Going to be a while. Haven't looked this morning, but Beaver was slightly above top of flood pool. With flood releases through the spill gates into Table Rock. Table Rock was several feet higher than a few days ago, and rising. Dumping 12,500 cfs over the top along with the three operating turbines for a total discharge over 20,000 cfs.
Put the buggy whip away, get a good ML spinning rod, and throw anything white, or shad looking up there. Shad galore coming over the dam, and trout are gourging themselves on them. Plus the floodgate releases are stocking Taney with more smallmouth, largmouth, walleye, and crappie.
For your flyrod, although too deep to wade, you could probably roll cast something from the bank along Turkey Creek. A couple hundred yards of creek access in Hulland Park in Hollister. As long as the creek isn't "blown out" with heavy, muddy storm runoff. The bows have been stacking up in the creeks, out of the swift current in the lake.
I had a 100 fish day in Turkey Creek last Spring. Using the current guide's favorite. A pink Berkley Trout Worm on a tiny jig head under a float. Sometimes the float didn't even stop when it hit the water because a fish already had the bait.
So for your flyfishing, probably a San Juan Worm could get a lot of action.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 03-21-2020 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #7
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

fishing

Thanks for the info on Turkey Creek.

Closed Thread