1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:38 AM   #1
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

People hit by car at The Landing

Lots of details are lacking at this point, but 3 people were hit by a car, and 1 of them did pass away from injuries,,

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/3-s...Yer2pBmBaQq7Xs

Last edited by sanddunerider; 02-03-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

From what I read this morning, 1 passed away and 2 are still in the hospital.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

From what I learned at church this morning, the one who passed was the wife of a Missouri State trooper. He was with her. Apparently they believe the driver of the car had a medical emergency of some sort.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
OkieAnon

KY3 second person has died from their injury's.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

UPDATE: A second victim has died as a result of the auto pedestrian crash in Branson on February 2.

John Lueckenhoff, a MSHP Trooper and friend of the family, has confirmed to KOLR10 that Jean Moncrief died as a result of her injuries suffered from the crash.

BRANSON, Mo. - The Branson Police Department have released the names of those involved in a fatal vehicle pedestrian crash over the weekend.

Authorities say Gregory T. Curnes, Laura A. Curnes, and Jean L. Moncrief were transported by ground ambulance to a Springfield hospital for treatment. Laura Curnes later died from injuries she sustained in the crash.

Mr. Curnes is a major crash investigator with the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Mrs. Curnes was his wife.a

The crash occurred at Branson Landing Blvd and Main Street at approximately eight p.m. on Saturday, February 2, 2019.

A 1999 Ford truck was traveling southbound on Branson Landing Blvd. A group of pedestrians were standing at the intersection waiting to cross. The pedestrians entered the marked crosswalk to walk across Branson Landing Blvd and were struck by the truck. The driver remained at the scene and is cooperating with investigators.

The cause of the crash is still under investigation by the Branson Police Department. Anyone who witnessed this accident is asked to contact Sgt. Kauffman at 417-334-3300.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/bra...ash/1754174760
Old 02-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Although I enjoy the thrill of "taking chances" with various activities in life...there are a few I refuse to do:
1. I do not trust railroad warning lights...so no matter if they are not flashing, or the barrier is still standing straight up, I always slow to an almost stop, looking both ways at least twice, before I will drive over the tracks.
2. I never trust a driver to obey traffic lights and stop when I am about to walk across a street...NEVER. I always wait, even after the "walk" sign has lit up, until I am sure ALL the oncoming vehicles have slowed and/or stopped, to the point that I feel confident they have seen the red light and are stopping. I have witnessed far too many vehicles blow through red lights to ever trust them.
3. I never trust a pedestrian to NOT walk directly in front of my moving vehicle, even though I have the "green" light, and they have a "red" and/or a "do not walk" sign or warning. I have seen far too many step out in front of traffic against the light, without so much as a glance to the right or left. Terrifying!!
Old 02-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Although I enjoy the thrill of "taking chances" with various activities in life...there are a few I refuse to do:
1. I do not trust railroad warning lights...so no matter if they are not flashing, or the barrier is still standing straight up, I always slow to an almost stop, looking both ways at least twice, before I will drive over the tracks.
2. I never trust a driver to obey traffic lights and stop when I am about to walk across a street...NEVER. I always wait, even after the "walk" sign has lit up, until I am sure ALL the oncoming vehicles have slowed and/or stopped, to the point that I feel confident they have seen the red light and are stopping. I have witnessed far too many vehicles blow through red lights to ever trust them.
3. I never trust a pedestrian to NOT walk directly in front of my moving vehicle, even though I have the "green" light, and they have a "red" and/or a "do not walk" sign or warning. I have seen far too many step out in front of traffic against the light, without so much as a glance to the right or left. Terrifying!!
Very good points for us all to consider.

Closed Thread