1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Saw this on there facebook page. What happened?

Starting this Thursday, May 9 at 7:30 PM, see a whole new cast of musical legends perform your favorite songs at Raiding the Country Vault. You won’t want to miss it. We thank and wish the previous cast much success!
Old 05-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

here is the list off the website.. all the same players......

Billy Yates
Heath Wright [
Eric Heatherly
Melody Hart
Scott Kwapiszeski
David Smith
Pete Generous
Colt Prather
Lindsey Heatherly
David Kroll
Old 05-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
Starting this Thursday, May 9 at 7:30 PM, see a whole new cast of musical legends perform your favorite songs at Raiding the Country Vault. You won’t want to miss it. We thank and wish the previous cast much success!
My guess is that the previous cast wanted to be paid for their work, and on time.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

and now I see this from Billy Yates.....

"""Hey, friends... just letting you all know that I am no longer affiliated with Raiding the Country Vault at the Americana Theatre in Branson, Missouri. After 3 years with the show, I, along with the rest of the now former cast, including Heath Wright, Eric Heatherly, Michelle Poe, Melody Hart, Lindsey Heatherly, David Smith, Peter Generous, and Scott Kwapiszeski, have decided to move on.

The show will continue with an all new cast this coming Thursday night, May 9th at 7:30pm. We wish them much success!"""
Old 05-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
My guess is that the previous cast wanted to be paid for their work, and on time.
imagine that...
Old 05-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Whoa!!!! That's a huge shake-up!!! Crazy!!!
Old 05-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
There's a lot of that goes on in this town.

FYI...Billy Yates' Songwriters In the Round will continue at Americana, per Billy.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
So do these shows just have a very low attendance, or is somebody skimming off the top?
Old 05-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #9
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

We have been faithful attenders of the show when we're in town, so tonight we went. It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had at a show. If I hadn't been seated in the middle of the 2nd row I would have left before it was over. It takes a country singer to sing a country song. Any loud noises that were heard tonight would be Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, etc., etc. turning over in their graves. The owner of this show should have pulled the plug if he couldn't/wouldn't pay the original cast. They were fantastic and this was one of the best new shows we'd ever seen. Now it's a sham.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:17 AM   #10
acampingfan

We loved it a couple years back soooo sorry its taken this turn!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #11
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
We have been faithful attenders of the show when we're in town, so tonight we went. It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had at a show. If I hadn't been seated in the middle of the 2nd row I would have left before it was over. It takes a country singer to sing a country song. Any loud noises that were heard tonight would be Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, etc., etc. turning over in their graves. The owner of this show should have pulled the plug if he couldn't/wouldn't pay the original cast. They were fantastic and this was one of the best new shows we'd ever seen. Now it's a sham.
My daughter and I were there last night also.
It was a very painful experience!
My DH and I saw the show last year and enjoyed every minute of it.
I purchased our tickets this year based on last year; and maybe a week later I see the cast changed.
I told my daughter that I didn’t know what we would be getting. She said we’d see.
Like Branson Junkie after about the second song I was thinking we’d stick it out till intermission and then I remembered NO INTERMISSION!
We stuck it out but it was painful.
If there is a positive from the show, I think it would be the keyboard and the fiddle player.
On the other end of the spectrum we saw Clay Cooper Sunday night. No way to compare the quality of the two shows!

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #12
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
My daughter and I were there last night also.
It was a very painful experience!
My DH and I saw the show last year and enjoyed every minute of it.
I purchased our tickets this year based on last year; and maybe a week later I see the cast changed.
I told my daughter that I didn’t know what we would be getting. She said we’d see.
Like Branson Junkie after about the second song I was thinking we’d stick it out till intermission and then I remembered NO INTERMISSION!
We stuck it out but it was painful.
If there is a positive from the show, I think it would be the keyboard and the fiddle player.
On the other end of the spectrum we saw Clay Cooper Sunday night. No way to compare the quality of the two shows!
We are very happy to have Billy Yates join our Up Close Concerts schedule for this great show with Phil Vassar on October 4.

Name:  Phil Vassar - Billy Yates 1branson 10-4-19.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  90.0 KB

Closed Thread