1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Landing Expansion

Sometime soon you may see construction going on at the North end of the Landing, Belk parking lot area. Plans have been submitted to the city to add between 5 and 15 more stores and 130 parking spaces.

More details from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...a4bcf887a.html
Old 08-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Sometime soon you may see construction going on at the North end of the Landing, Belk parking lot area. Plans have been submitted to the city to add between 5 and 15 more stores and 130 parking spaces.

WOW!! It looks like you are going to be able to park in front of the stores you are visiting instead of having to walk a mile.

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

It's already begun. I was over there playing ingress a while back and noticed theres a HUGE hole in the ground by the site and sound aka jonas whale statue. I also over heard some construction worker guys saying they're going to be tearing out a whole lot of pretty pretty plants and gravel beds to make way for the construction, and there's already a new concrete walk way across from the belk.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post

Thanks for the info BC. Sounds as if the Landing is doing good and the additional parking will be appreciated.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 08-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Glad to hear they are expanding. Now for my wishes, but I sincerely doubt they will come true for various reasons.
1. Return of the Red Wing Outlet store that was in the Red roof mall.
2. A really good Italian restaurant without a giant meatball and fork out front.
3. Put BWW in the new building, and put a Margaritaville by Parakeet Pete's.
4. Hooters
5. Spend some of the money on a decent tram that operates until at least a half hour after shops, and restaurants close.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
tlhfirelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Glad to hear they are expanding. Now for my wishes, but I sincerely doubt they will come true for various reasons.
2. A really good Italian restaurant without a giant meatball and fork out front.
4. Hooters
5. Spend some of the money on a decent tram that operates until at least a half hour after shops, and restaurants close.
Those are some good requests! I miss the redwings store. I wish we could get more variety here as opposed to the low hanging fruit that is fast food. It's great that new places are opening up because they provide jobs and more choice, but it seems like all that's opening up here is fast food places. The leaders of Taney county need to go for a couple big fish! Sams club? Costco? Cheescake factory? Whole Foods Market? Why not call in n out in California and see if they'd be willing to open up here? (It's a long shot but it never hurts to ask/beg)

My point is all we get here is fast food, banks, quilt/nick-nack/"antique" shops and that's it. I guess we can't have nice things. lol I hope the Menards in Hollister brings more than just a Taco Hell.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
4. Hooters
I figure the red one stops working as the shops close, what about the blue one??
Old 08-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnchy View Post
I figure the red one stops working as the shops close, what about the blue one??
I thought I read somewhere that those glorified stretch golf carts stopped operating around 7:00PM. Don't know for sure, I've never seen one stop anywhere long enough to find out.
With my bad leg, knee, and back it would be nice to not have to rely on my cane to get to a restaurant, and back.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
StaceySue

Hey, if we're wishing...

1. I'd like an aquarium that looks out over Tanycomo. One like Ripley's in Gatlinburg would do nicely. Include a dolphin exhibit and sell dolphin
encounters.

2. Put in a Rainforest Cafe or something similar.

These are the types of things I like to do on vacation. I think other families would like them, too. I know...dreaming.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I'll add another. One of my St. Louis area favorites. Even though it is a chain. But mostly in California, NV, AZ, NM, CO, and FL.
Elephant Bar
http://www.elephantbar.com/
Great place with an upscale appearance, but very reasonable prices. I think it would be a perfect fit for the Landing.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

I'll add my . This will probably get me hooted off the board with derision but you know me... I put up with it.

How about somewhat upscale bowling? It would give people something fun to do on The Landing without competing with what is available on the Strip. Places like that are becoming quite popular in the U.S., including at Downtown Disney at Disney World. I don't believe that facility is actually owned by Disney but by a chain... Disney is now subcontracting most of the Downtown Disney locations to outside vendors.

Check it out:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...y/splitsville/

P.S. Yes, I guessed right... it is a chain. I searched the Google and this is the corporate website.

http://www.splitsvillelanes.com/

Good Times in Branson

Last edited by MNtraveler; 08-04-2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Add P.S.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #12
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

For openers, how about moving the businesses that they foolishly built on the water over to the new area. Then they can have a ceremony and cut the cord sending the ugly building down to Rockaway Beach or to anyone who wants it along the way..

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #13
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I'll add my . This will probably get me hooted off the board with derision but you know me... I put up with it.
Don't be so hard on yourself Minny, I've often told you even a busted clock is right twice a day. Yes, I think upscale bowling would work well if it were truly state of the art. But it's got to be a unique experience even experienced bowlers would love. Oh yah, make it affordable.
How about somewhat upscale bowling? It would give people something fun to do on The Landing without competing with what is available on the Strip. Places like that are becoming quite popular in the U.S., including at Downtown Disney at Disney World. I don't believe that facility is actually owned by Disney but by a chain... Disney is now subcontracting most of the Downtown Disney locations to outside vendors.

Check it out:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...y/splitsville/

P.S. Yes, I guessed right... it is a chain. I searched the Google and this is the corporate website.

http://www.splitsvillelanes.com/

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..

Last edited by DalmatianDad; 08-04-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Actually Trav that sounds like a good idea. With the Hilton hotel right there it could provide another entertainment option. If not the bowling, maybe a Dave & Busters. Kind of an adult Chuck E Cheese. Family during the day, and kids out at night.
http://www.daveandbusters.com/default.aspx
Old 08-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
hate to agree with MN but there needs to be SOMETHING to do at the landing to hold people there. the bars seem to work in the evenings but not family places for sure.

Is the Irish Pub still there?
I shopped at Belks and Bass pro but that was about it for me. No mens stores to speak of.
http://bransonlanding.com/Dining.html I believe so.

I have a friend who preforms at waxy's, and that seems like it's irish to me, but I'm not a big critic of such things....

There's the dualing piano bar, that place always seems like it's full of people when I pass by.

Shout out to the ingress player who took the gorilla for me last night! I'm glad to have it back in the fold ^.^

Closed Thread