1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
OkieAnon

Ever forget a face? A name?

spent most of the day at a school on collecting state taxes, filling out forms for cutomers ect ect ect.... boorrringgg

during the morning break someone walked by and said "HI ______ how ya do'n"

I CAN'T THINK WHO THIS PERSON IS.... WAS ..... I'M DRAWING A BLANK, no name no face nothing comes to mind

of course I tried to cover my brain freeze and I said "Hi, do'n great" and they went their direction and I went mine.... that was a couple of hours ago, and I still can't figure out who this person was..... bugg'n me
Old 10-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

Let me tell you neighbor....It gets Worse,...Give it time.
LOL
Old 10-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
BeagleDad
Ultra Member

I have been working at the same bank for 23 years. The bank's owner, who I only see ever few weeks, has been calling me Brian for years. To bad my names not Brian
Old 10-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Yes, I've done that more and more....I get so frustrated with myself!!

However...it is not an age thing.....

BeagleDad...that is hilarious!!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

yes, do it often, embarrassing when the person is standing in front of you!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baker Sr View Post
Let me tell you neighbor....It gets Worse,...Give it time.
LOL
That's for sure!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
linron
Super Ultra Member

Yes, I have done this and it is so embarrassing...and frustrating as your mind tries to figure out who it was!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleDad View Post
I have been working at the same bank for 23 years. The bank's owner, who I only see ever few weeks, has been calling me Brian for years. To bad my names not Brian
I sent an email to one of the cops that work at the city I work for to see if something was working properly on his computer. I addressed it to Jason - he promptly replied with "My computer is working fine but my name is Jeff!" I was so embarrased - I called to appoligize and ask if he was sure his name was Jeff and not Jason because I am pretty sure you are Jason! At least we both had a good laugh and I am pretty sure I will not forget his name again!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Happened to me yesterday. Saw a man I knew that I should know, and from the way he was looking at me, he was doing the same thing. I could never think of his name, but after reading this post, the name popped right in my mind. Crazy how that happened!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #10
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Oh me oh me oh me..........

I CANNOT REMEMBER NAMES.......its so bad, I've thought of therapy.

I thought it was only me, until my Son admitted he has the same issues......

I can be introduced to someone, in WalMart for instance, and stand there and chat, and by the time we say goodbye, I haven't a freakin clue what that person's name is.

Of course, I take a walk down to the pantry to ''get something'' and have to retrace my steps back to the kitchen, and ''think about it'', til I remember what I was after...............then I go back to the pantry.

Will YOU STILL LOVE ME when I'm 65?

I love that song, but it's irrelevant....now.

And btw, my 60 year old husband is a dang elephant....he knows everyone's name, always and forever....met a guy at the truckstop the other day....he remembered his name and hadn't seen him in 25 years....and ironically it was at the same location.........Batesville AR......

sidebar:
I went to ''spell check'' and every word it turned red that it didn't have an alternative spelling for it offered ''bite''..........BITE?

I typed that out for you, cause if I tried to make another post about it, I would forget before I got around to it.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
ggh
Super User

I cannot leave my house, without someone saying to me "You're a ______maiden name", or "are you ____Mom & ____Dad's daughter" - so much so, that I knew I had to behave when I was a kid, because all those people who I didn't know, knew me, and I was sure they'd tell on me, LOL.

Anyway, at a young age, I got pretty good at saying "Okay, so you know who I am, who are you?" In most cases, I wasn't suppose to know the person who I was talking to, and I almost always forgot who they were before I got home to ask Mom & Dad about them.

My dh is like your's Cheesecake - he can remember a name 99.9% of the time - he's the guy who says "Hello John, how are you doing?" and leaves you wondering WHO on earth that was. I can't go out to eat w/o him seeing/talking to someone that he knows - from someone he played around of golf with in Ohio, to the sales guy from his first job, to someone he went to elementary school with - he recognizes faces and names.

I can't remember my own kids names some days - so please don't expect me to remember yours, lol.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
linron
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
Oh me oh me oh me..........

And btw, my 60 year old husband is a dang elephant....he knows everyone's name, always and forever....met a guy at the truckstop the other day....he remembered his name and hadn't seen him in 25 years....and ironically it was at the same location.........Batesville AR......

Cheese, my DH is the same as yours! He remembers everyone's name, where, when he met them and everytime he saw them! ! Maybe it is the trucker in them as they have to remember so many things on their jobs!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #13
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by linron View Post
Cheese, my DH is the same as yours! He remembers everyone's name, where, when he met them and everytime he saw them! ! Maybe it is the trucker in them as they have to remember so many things on their jobs!
I was thinking about what I said here...lololol..........well he may have a memory but he lost his ears..............HUH?

ROFLOL........

Do you know someone told me (not pertaining to this thread) that per capita there are more truckers from my county than anywhere in the U.S.

Wonder what that means?
roflol.........

I gotta remember here to go to bed....
Old 10-17-2007, 05:48 AM   #14
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

That's perfectly normal for me. When I'm introduced to new people, I always tell them that, if I see them in a store, etc., & don't speak, not to think anything about it, since I never remember anyone!

Closed Thread