Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Garth Brooks Information - more neat info

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/H...Y&pageId=1.1.1

If you follow this link to one of the local stations in KC - those who did not get lucky enough to get tickets to see Garth in KC -- You will get the chance to see the show at your local movie theatre. Information will be posted on Garth's website soon.

Vickie
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
shis1
Str8fn

Good for Garth! Gotta admire/respect that guy! He sure has got the ticket scalpers in control on this one!!!!!!!!!! And if anyone buys a high price ticket, I can't feel sorry for them. There will probably be a few high $$ sales for those who think they have to have the front row seats! Never been in the new arena, so not familiar with the seating, but I think our tickets will be 'decent'. It will just be fun to be IN the building for the concert!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
tina_als_girl

That's awesome! I imagine the Regal Cinema at Ameristar here in Kansas City will likely have it; that's the theater that's done other live concert showings.

I'll have to let my sister know about this; she'll be thrilled!

Joy
Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I'd say go to his website in the next day or two for more information on it.

www.garthbrooks.com

I'm ready! Of course I'll be in Sec. 224 on the 14th to see it live. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Vickie
Old 11-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

We'll be in Section 203 on the 9th! Can't wait! I just learned our ticket location as daughter just now 'turned the tickets over' to us! I've talked to some people who attended the first concert, and they said it was awesome --- as do all the radio reports I've been hearing. I"ll be sure to post a review on the 10th!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
katefromkansas

Thumbs up Concert EXCELLENT

I got to go the 1st night. It was an EXCELLENT show! They didn't open the doors to go in until 6:20. We got there at 5:30 and it did get quite chilly before they let us go inside. Once inside we were off to find something to eat. Each concession stand sells different things, so don't think that they are all alike selling the same thing. We saw barbeque, mexican, burgers, etc. Next we waited in the t-shirt line. Everything pretty affordable. T-shirts $18, and sweatshirt/hoodie for $25. They had a few other things, pictures, key rings, etc. for sale as well.

THE SHOW....Trisha came out for about 25 minutes. If there was a disappointment at all, it was that she never came back out after that. Thought perhaps she would come out and sing a duet with Garth, but never did.

Garth came out in full force and gave it everything he had! He was pumped up the whole time and truly in "awe" over the fans and how excited everyone was to see him. He sang all his old songs, a few new, and at the very end came out just him and his guitar and sang some songs that weren't his...(American Pie, Night Moves, etc.)

One hint without giving the EXCITEMENT away is when he "first appears" just keep your eyes on the stage, near the drums (if you are like me you are looking everywhere trying to figure out where he might appear).

My brother got to go last night (the 2nd night) and it was a little different in that Trisha did come back out and they sang together. He didn't come back out at the end with just him and his guitar and sing songs that aren't his. So I guess we got a real treat, and they got a different kind of treat.

I'm sure EVERY show will be EXCELLENT. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
tina_als_girl

I got my sister two tickets to the live stream at Regal Cinema on the 14th. The tickets were $10 a piece, plus $1 per ticket for online processing fees. So, I paid $22 for two tickets, and since the cameras will probably be mostly close to Brooks, I figure I got a brilliant deal for cheaper than nosebleed seats.

I'm sure my sister's gonna have tons of fun.

Joy
Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

From what I understand Trisha did come out last night and sing with Garth and I guess they are changing each show just a little bit. I can't wait until the 14th. I'm ready!!!!!

Vickie
Old 11-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
shis1
Str8fn

Gee --- Garth seems to be 'all for the fan'. And he HAS to know that we all want to hear/see him and Trisha sing together! So somehow, he's got to get the word and make "them" a part of EVERY show! ??????
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I hope so. My boss said it was a dynamite show last night and one of the girls I work with got lucky - someone tapped her on the shoulder and moved her down to the front row. She had her elbows on the stage! The lucky stiff!

I'm in sec. 224 on the 14th and can't wait!

Vickie
Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #11
nohona
Ultra Member

My sister and I were there Tuesday night. We got to KC about 3 pm and had a late lunch at Carrabbas in Overland Park. I did not care for it and my sister wasn't too wild about hers either.

We went on over to the area about 5 pm to find a place to park. Parked on corner of 16th and Grand for $10. Sat and waited and waited and waited. About 5:50 we went and got in line. Wind was blowing just a little so was cold to me. Couldn't believe the people out there in shorts/thin shirts etc. I know they had to have been cold. Didn't think it was as cold after the show. The walk to the arena wasn't too bad - about 1 1/2 blocks. Wish there were parking in the building. We waited in line maybe 20 minutes before making it to the door. People were being well behaved in the lines. I feel that security was adequate and people I had reason to converse with were very courteous and helpful. They were also keeping the place clean. I saw a fella going around with a mop and bucket among the crowd.

The venue is nice and obviously new. I don't eat or drink at those places so that was of no value to me. Liked the escalators. That was a big plus for me. When we got off the escalator we went in Section 121 (i think that was the number) and it looked like it was a looong way from the stage. It appeared to be directly opposite of the stage. I would like to have seen the stage be in the middle of the floor. I think that would have given more people the opportunity to feel like they were up close to him instead of having to rely on monitors to see the show.

We found our section and thought we had scored pretty good seats. Right on the edge of the stage about 3 rows up in Section 114. Saw all ages of people there. The youngest I saw was maybe 4 and there was one couple there probably in their 70's. Once the show began they never sat down and looked like they were having the time of their lives. One of the people in this section said he had flown in from Virginia and others said they had traveled from several states away but I don't remember where. The place was completely packed. One person offered me a ticket for tonight but I had to refuse. I'm sure he found someone to give the ticket.

Trisha came on stage a tad after 7:30 and sang till right at 8 p.m. She has a really strong voice and I liked her selection of songs. Can't say much about her other than I liked her.

After Trisha went off stage we got to watch them change the stage. Right about 9 Garth came on stage. He put on the show that he was paid to do. He certainly has a lot of energy. He sang my favorite songs so I was happy. He said he was going to change up the show from the previous night. Of course people were singing along and that seemed to make him happy. He stated that he liked to be sung to. He was all over that stage so even the people in back of the stage got to see more than just his backside. The backup singers were very good. That fella from Topeka sure got the crowd roaring when he was introduced. Toward the end he took a camera from a patron and took several pictures then took a photo with her (I assume it was her camera). People were allowed to be right at the stage which was different than most concerts I have attended. He treated us to his oldies which was fine with me. He also sang that new song which I haven't warmed up to yet. I found myself hoping that the place wouldn't give way as it was really moving. The crowd, of course, was really in to the music. Most people were singing along with every song. Most seemed to be enjoying themselves thoroughly. He gave us two hours of great music. He came back out twice at the end. People were begging for more, but alas it was finished. It ended right about 11 pm.

We made it out of the arena and back to our car and out of the parking lot at 11:15. Pulled in to my drive at 1:30. It was a long day but well worth it.

All in all we had a really good time. Personally, I prefer the Kemper due to better parking access. I am glad that I got the opportunity to see this show but would I do it again? Probably not. Garth Brooks is a great performer and singer but we each have our preferences and I have enjoyed myself more at other performers concerts. That is not meant to take anything away from Mr. Brooks - just honesty.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
shis1
Str8fn

Thanks for your review. Man, it's gonna be a long time till Friday night for me!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #13
shis1
Str8fn

Awesome Concert!

I'll have to admit that I've never before been mesmerized by Garth Brooks like so many have, but after last night's concert, I've got to say that Garth is Awesome! And I'm a new FAN! This was our first trip to the new Sprint Center. We arrived early and were able to park right acros the street for $20 --- didn't think that was bad, since you pay $20 at Arrowhead and walk for miles! We stood in line outside by 3 ladies from Oklahoma who live about 40 miles from Garth and Trisha. They weren't able to purchase from Ticketmaster because no one with Oklahoma zip codes were allowed to order, so they said they paid BIG BUCKS for their tickets and they had upper level tickets!These ladies were shocked at the lack of 'anything' ---- shopping, restaurants, etc. ----- in the area around the arena, or anywhere downtown KC! Once we got to our seats, we were pleased with the location. They were upstairs, but in the lower half of the area, and had a very good view of the stage. I was surprised at the number of sections seated behind the stage, but Trisha, Garth, and the band, made it a point to move around and play to the fans seated back there. And there weren't a lot of stage props to block their view either. Trisha came out right at 8 and sang for about 25 - 30 minutes. Very good. Took quite a while to 'revamp' the stage for Garth and he 'appeared' at 9. Without a hesitation, George Strait is my favorite singer, but I'll have to rethink now and admit that I think Garth is the better ENTERTAINER! He put forth 150% the entire time and didn't leave the stage until about 11:25. Wow ---- 2 hours and 25 minutes of Garth!
Take that back, he did leave and come back for 2 encores. I've been to lots of concerts, but never to one where the crowd had as much enthusiasm as last night's crowd did! The crowd sang every song, Old Garth, New Garth, other artists, whatever Garth sang, the crowd sang! ANd 95% of the people there were standing the entire night. But a very well behaved crowd for being that rowdy! Ticket prices were more than reasonable --- we paid $27.50. Ticket prices were so reasonable that lots of people were buying shirts, caps and cd's. Saw lots of people carrying 'bulging' bags of merchandise. The last 'encore' was just Garth and his guitar! I love that 'unplugged' stuff! We'd read where he was having voice issues, and at times, did notice a bit of raspiness, but not often, and only when talking, never heard a bad note in a song! Almost forgot, Trisha did come out and sing with Garth ---- but not very long. I think they only sang 1 song together, and then she sang Georgia Rain. Maybe because he was trying to save his voice ????? Anyway, I was happy that we got to see it all! Trisha, Garth, Trisha and Garth. What can I say but "Wow, it was good!"
Vicki, rest up for the 14th! It's gonna be a great concert! And a long night!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #14
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

The Sprint Center is the big part of the new Power & Light Entertainment District. There is a lot more to come but I think the grand opening will be in the Spring. There are a few restaurants open but there will be more and more as the months go along. They should have probably gone on down to Crown Center or even the Plaza if they wanted to shop - depending on if they stayed or where driving back to Oklahoma the next day. I'm so glad you had a great time.

I've seen him many times and have never been disappointed. He has something that cannot be denied. And his fans are very very loyal. Thanks for posting! Now I really can't wait. The only thing I don't have to worry about is the parking. Since where I work is right dowtown, hubby is going to drop me off and go park in our lot and then I'll walk back to the car afterward. That way I'm not walking too much that night and it is only about 3 blocks to the lot from Sprint Center.

Vickie
Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #15
shis1
Str8fn

Our daughter went to the concert Saturday night and she was soooooo disappointed that Garth and Trisha did not have a segment of them singing together! I guess this is one of the things they do differently each night.

Closed Thread