Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Garth is coming to KC November 14

Yep - Garth Brooks is coming to KC.

Well it has been announced, but I wouldn't start jumping for tickets just yet. They go on sale October 6th, but ticket brokers have been managing to get all the tickets minutes after they go on sale for the new Sprint Center. Absolute fiascos with the Elton John, Hannah Montana concerts. Tickets gone within minutes (like about 5-10 after they go on sale). This is a small arena compared to other places. I'll be trying, but just wanted to warn you. No information yet on how much tickets are, but remember -- he has been known to add shows when he sells out.

He has always had a soft spot in his heart for the KC area. His mom is from here originally (considers this her hometown), and he has great memories of his early performances in the area including the American Royal (and one if his first performances -- at the KC Opry, which doesn't exist any more). I can say I got to see him at both of these venues as well as the Wyandotte County Fair in KCK -- have great pics from that show.

I'm ready and I hope I'm lucky enough to get tickets!

Vickie
Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBeason View Post
Yep - Garth Brooks is coming to KC.
Say What? I thought Garth Brooks had retired?
Are you saying he's back performing again?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

Performing vs. Promoting

I'm guessing he's promoting his new CD out this fall, in time to buy for Christmas...

or maybe it's called Child Support?

I'd love to see him in concert - but I doubt I want it bad enough to pay the asking price for the tickets.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
labpup89
IL Roots Planted in IA

The country station I listen to in Des Moines talked about the concert this morning. They were saying it is rumored that he may do 5 shows.

I wish you all the luck in the world getting tickets. I know the internet is suposed to be more convenient for purchases, but maybe these places just need to go back to the waiting in line or getting thru on the telephone methods - to make it fair for everyone. I was able to see Garth Brooks each time he played in St. Louis. His concerts are awesome!

I didn't know about the ticket broker thing until I read about it and the Hannah Montana concert in St. Louis. I think it's really sad that this is allowed to happen. But then again these brokers know that indulgent Americans will pay almost any price for "hot" concert tickets. I'm sorry, but paying $700, $900, and $1000 to see any concert is ridiculous. I read a story where one lady purchased several HM tickets at $150 each, and she is planning to sell one or two of them at an inflated cost so she can pay her travel expenses to see the concert. I'm sorry, but my opinion is what are you teaching the child who wants to see this concert? And you wonder why there are so many people in financial crisis these days?

I didn't know the Hannah Montana concert would be at the Qwest Center in Omaha, nearest concert to Des Moines, until it was too late. My 7-year old daughter would love to go. I could purchase tickets via an auction page, but I won't be at these prices. Lowest ticket, $355. Highest ticket, $750. The St. Louis tickets - $410 low, $1205 high. Just ridiculous - icredibly ridiculous.

I'm sure the Garth Brooks concert will be even more expensive on the "Fan Auction" sites.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

Hope you are successful in getting tickets, Vickie! We had one friend who was lucky enough to get through to Ticketmaster twice for the Elton John tickets. First time she didn't like the location available, said 'no', then thought about how crazy that was, so tried again and got back in. Was purchasing tickets for her dad, for her mom's birthday! She was one of the very few lucky ones! Good luck to you for Garth tickets!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

I'm just now realizing Garth will be in KC on my wedding anniversery - wonder how I could use that to get my dh to try to get tickets? Maybe a layer of bribery, and some guilt, and... nawwww,

... He knows me too well, he knows I'd rather take the $$$$ for the tickets and do something else, as to be entertained for a couple hours... Dang him!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
Say What? I thought Garth Brooks had retired?
Are you saying he's back performing again?
Yes he is performing. Garth is great about keeping his ticket prices down and reasonable for the fans. The lat time he was here his tickets were I think $25.00 for the best seats. And he is also known to add shows if there is a sell out and he has done that here before too. He is retired, but still has the itch to perform and now that his kids are getting older, he is talking about touring again - maybe on a limited basis that won't take him away from home for too long. I can only hope to be lucky enough to get tickets, but I'll try for sure!

We had the chance to pre-show purchase tickets for Billy Joel- but $90-95.00 a ticket is a little out of my price range. That is a time I'll take the money and run.

Vickie
Old 09-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

As Vickie said, Garth is known for going out of his way to keep his ticket prices affordable.

Yes, he's retired, he (and Trisha), live about 22 miles from us. (so does his ex wife, Sandy) They are out and about like most parents raising families and are often seen out, at the local diners, farmer's Co-op, western stores, kid's school activities, etc.

He's stated he will be retired until the year 2015 when his youngest daughter Allie, is finished with school. But does seem to come out for promotions, interviews and just to make sure the public knows he's still around.

I would imagine that the concert in KC is a promotion of his newest release with the contract he has with WalMart.

I hope you're able to get tickets Vickie!!

Closed Thread