1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Movies/TV/Books/Music

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:53 AM   #16
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

One week away!
It's the only show I watch in real time on broadcast TV.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #17
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
One week away!
It's the only show I watch in real time on broadcast TV.
I try to catch as many of the shows as I can depending on my Royals baseball schedule. I could tape them but with my schedule I would never get time to watch them. I often switch back and forth between innings of the game to see what is going on. If it weren't for my various sports programs and true law cases, I wouldn't have much use for tv, but sure am glad I can keep up with my sports.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 04-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #18
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

THE GAME PLAN
During the April 30 premiere, the cast will take the stage for their first performances with the following songs and dances:

Adam Rippon and partner Jenna Johnson will be performing the cha-cha to "Sissy That Walk" by RuPaul.

Arike Ogunbowale and partner Gleb Savchenko will dance the salsa to "Them Girls" by Whitney Myer.

Chris Mazdzer and partner Witney Carson will dance the salsa to "Mr. Put It Down" by Ricky Martin and Pitbull.

Jamie Anderson and partner Artem Chigvintsev will dance the Viennese waltz to "Feeling Good" by Avicii.

Jennie Finch Daigle and partner Keo Motsepe will dance the foxtrot to "All-American Girl" by Carrie Underwood.

Johnny Damon and partner Emma Slater will dance the foxtrot to "Centerfield" by John Fogerty.

Josh Norman and partner Sharna Burgess will dance the cha-cha to "Finesse" by Bruno Mars.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and partner Lindsay Arnold will dance the cha-cha to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder.

Mirai Nagasu and partner Alan Bersten will dance the salsa to "No Excuses" by Meghan Trainor.

Tonya Harding and partner Sasha Farber will dance the foxtrot to "When You Believe" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 AM   #19
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Well, Golly that was Brutal!

"At the wrap of the two-hour premiere, co-hosts Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews announced that three couples were in jeopardy of being sent home:

Tonya Harding and Sasha Farber,
Johnny Damon and Emma Slater,
and Jamie Anderson and Artem Chigvintsev."

http://people.com/tv/dwts-athletes-s...e-elimination/

Tonya Harding is a big surprise. She can dance! And she and her pro partner, Sasha, were safe last night.

But Emma, who is recently married to Tonya's pro partner (Sasha) was eliminated, along with her athletic partner, Johnny Damon.

And my personal favorite pro dancer, Artem, was also eliminated with his partner, Jamie Anderson.

That was quick!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:47 AM   #20
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I hate that Johnny Damon is gone so quickly. I have always liked him. Well, maybe except for the fact he DID play for the Red Sox! LOL!!!

I'm not at all surprised about Tonya Harding. Most of the skaters who have been on the show over the years have done extremely well. Skating and dance are so closely related.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 AM   #21
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Didn't get to see the show last night but sounds interesting.

I was watching the Royals game with some friends and didn't figure the crowd in the restaurant would appreciate it if we changed the channel to the dance show. There is no Royals game next Monday so hopefully I will get to tune in and see what is going on.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:57 AM   #22
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

It was definitely different. I think this will allow folks to see the other side of Tonya -- not the hype from the fallout over the Nancy Kerrigan thing.

I actually thought she did quite well. It is going to be very interesting since this is a short season. I always enjoy watching though. But I was glad to see Bruno put some real clothes back on. LOL.

Vickie
Old 05-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #23
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

You can watch Tonya here:
Old 05-07-2018, 04:24 AM   #24
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

It's a two hour show tonight beginning at 7:00 Central.

"In round one, each couple will perform an individual dance: quickstep, foxtrot, Viennese waltz, cha cha, paso doblé or salsa.

Then, in round two of the evening, the athletes and their pros will be grouped into two teams - Team 1950s Tennis and Team 1970s Football.

The team dance scores will be combined with the athlete's individual dance scores along with the previous week's overnight votes for a final tally to determine the eliminations at the end of the night."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...May-7-20180504
Old 05-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #25
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

While it was a very good two hour show last night, the 2 person Elimination is brutal and doesn't allow you to really get to know the Competitors very well.

Kareem! Had no idea how difficult it must be to be so tall. I think that must also speed up the aging process?

Tonya was good, but those two younger figure skaters are almost flawless.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #26
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I agree with the elimination being tough this season. Eliminating two at a time really drops them fast. I'm sure the producers are doing what they think best but it just seems to be moving so fast.

Looking forward to seeing what is next.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #27
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

yep, will really be interesting next week. But I do hate the rushed season. Next week will be a triple elimination.

Don't really get to see the improvement that comes with more time. Oh well. We'll see.

Vickie
Old 05-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #28
KJN
Super Ultra Member

I really like DWTS, but I really don't like the shortened season.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #29
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJN View Post
I really like DWTS, but I really don't like the shortened season.
They need the four of us as advisers for the show. From others that I have talked to that mention the show, we definitely seem to be in the majority.

They probably could get us.....for a fair price.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:17 AM   #30
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

All I would ask for as far as compensation would be to dance with Artem, Louis Van Amstel, Lyn Goodman and Bruno. I don't think that is too much to ask do you?

Vickie

Closed Thread