Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Movies/TV/Books/Music

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Got Fargo?

Are there any Fargo fans out there?
If so, have you got tonight's finale figured out?

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said:
'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 06-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
bottomdweller

We have missed the last four episodes, got them on DVR & need to watch them soon.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
We have missed the last four episodes, got them on DVR & need to watch them soon.
The finale was about as nutty as I expected. Filled with action.
Still some things about the series that have me puzzled or saying "no way." Then I remind myself that it is a true story.
When you watch episode #1, it opens with sort of a court hearing that just lasts a few minutes and involves just two people. I've never figured out who these folks are and what it has to do with the total story. Wish I still had this one so I could re-watch.
Enjoy..

'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 06-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
billj598

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
The finale was about as nutty as I expected. Filled with action.
Still some things about the series that have me puzzled or saying "no way." Then I remind myself that it is a true story.
When you watch episode #1, it opens with sort of a court hearing that just lasts a few minutes and involves just two people. I've never figured out who these folks are and what it has to do with the total story. Wish I still had this one so I could re-watch.
Enjoy..
Likewise, I was waiting for the tie-in that connected the apparently innocent E. German being falsely accused of murdering someone by the E. German "Stassi" Police. Both were German, not Brits like Varga so ?

At least, this one didn't end with a hovering UFO appearing during a huge gun battle but noticed the Coen Brothers were involved in the production so anything goes.

Very interesting how the same Actor portrayed both Ray and Emmit Stussy. Read where the guy put weight on to play Ray and then lost it when they filmed the Emmit episodes and the Producers carefully spliced scenes together when both were present.

If the story is really a true one, just how did Emmit get away with only two years probation over the I.R.S. discovery of huge tax fraud ?

Still better entertainment than the "reality" shows and fake "game" shows TV seems to bombard us with this time of year and the acting was top notch.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #5
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

We really enjoy Fargo, but this season was pretty high on the strange meter for me.

I'm pretty sure none of them are true stories. Just artistic license and that's why the "true" disappears so it says "This is a story."

We just watched the live action Beauty and the Beast last weekend -- incredible that the same actor plays the Stussy brothers and Lumiere. I think Fargo and Better Call Saul are two of the best acted shows on TV right now.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #6
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Along with the opening scene, I still wonder about that bowling alley scene and the free VW that was provided.

'Keep off the Grass.'

Closed Thread