1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 09-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #16
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Mike Patricks bunch from Grand Jubilee wont be there, They will be recording the Radio Shop at 10:30 , in front of a sold out crowd. (around 500 people).
Actually Jamie Hagee is here...
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #17
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
I happened to ask someone who would know about the Brammys.... he said they basically just advertised them online... Facebook, etc. However, I saw no mention at all on their website or Facebook page about how to vote.
I’ll have to recap it all later, but basically the winners were either from Grand Country Music Hall or the Americana. A few legit winners, but...pretty much the usual suspects. Or shows tied in to the Americana or sponsors of the show...or at Grand Country...that’s just an off-the-City observation..:
Old 09-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #18
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Finally getting a chance to post the list of winners. I will do so without comment, except to say that it was a fun evening, and there were some very well-deserved winners.

Male Vocalist of the Year: Billy Yates. Also nominated: Allen Asbury and Michael J Frost
Female Vocalist of the Year: Nadia Cole. Also nominated: Melody Hart and CJ Newsom
Comedian of the year: Terry Sanders. Also nominated: Jamie Hagee and Jarrett Dougherty.
Supporting Performer of the Year: Matt Gumm. Also nominated: Mike Patrick and Debra Paxton
Guitarist of the Year: Josh Carroll. Also nominated: Matt Hanshaw and Chad Cathell
Bassist of the Year: Larry Allred. Also nominated: Michele Poe and Dave Clark
Drummer of the Year: Rob Blackburn. Also nominated: Pete Generous and Dino Phillips
Piano/Keys of the Year: Jim Garstang. Also nominated: Steve Ramsey and John Presley
Fiddler of the Year: Amy Dutton. Also nominated: Catherine Haygood and Katie Petersen
Multi-Instrumental of the Year: Jamie Hagee. Also nominated: David Creech and Doug Gabriel
Tribute Show of the Year: Legends in Concert. Also nominated: Conway Remembered - Mike Walker and A Tribute to John Denver - James Garrett.
Costuming of the Year: Grand Jubilee. Also nominated: Hughes Music Show and Clay Cooper's Country Express
Gospel Segment of the Year: The Blackwoods. Also nominated: Oh Happy Day and Classic Country & Comedy
Patriotic Salute of the Year: Clay Cooper's Country Express. Also nominated: SIX and Grand Jubilee
Duet of the Year: Brandon/Megan Mabe. Also nominated: Denny/Sheila Yeary and Clay/Tina Cooper
Quartet of the Year: New South. Also nominated: Million Dollar Quartet and Pierce Arrow
Band of the Year: Raiding the Country Vault. Also nominated: Clay Cooper's Country Express and Hughes Music Show
Live Music Show of the Year: Hughes Music Show. Also nominated: Raiding the Country Vault and Clay Cooper's Country Express
Entertainer of the Year: Jamie Hagee. Also nominated: Doug Gabriel and Clay Cooper
Lifetime Achievement Award: Mel Tillis. Also nominated: Jim Stafford and Jim Barber

As I said, it was an enjoyable evening, and it certainly brings attention to a good cause and what they are doing at the Gold Star Family Inn.

I did find it interesting to note that the vast majority of the entertainers who were in attendance were those who were either performing or who actually won their category. Which I was not overly surprised about knowing that several nominees I know personally had no idea they were nominated for anything...

Please note: I'm not taking anything away from those who won. There was some incredible talent represented there. They are to be congratulated.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #19
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Actually Jamie Hagee is here...
Yes, Mike announced at the radio show Haage went to the Brammy's.. so he could accept and given awards for the crew..

The nominations list??.
Yea, will, I wont get into that either. . LOL,
after all it is only my opinion.