1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Movies/TV/Books/Music

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Thumbs up American Made w/Tom Cruise

Based on a true story about CIA actions to ship arms to central american countries back in Pres Reagan's days.
I'm a Tom Cruise fan and I love airplanes-- I got a large dose of both.

To avoid jail time for smuggling drugs into the United States from South America, pilot Barry Seal turns informant for the Drug Enforcement Administration -- and soon finds himself in the midst of one of the largest covert operations in U.S. history.

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said:
'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 06-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yes, I'm also a Tom Cruise fan...as he is one of the few Hollywood types that has not, at least to this date, developed the raging, rapidly spreading, non curable disease that has swept through the community of Hollywood, known as TDS...and I am still a huge airplane fan...so yes, it is a good movie, I enjoyed it also...so that's one of the Gipper's foreign policy spectacles.

Now, what I am breathlessly waiting on....is for Tom Cruise to make what would surely be an instant blockbuster of mega proportions, that of the moving of a total of 1.7 BILLION DOLLARS IN CASH to the terrorist country Iran...Maybe Cruise could portray the pilot of the initial cargo plane that hauled 400 MILLION dollars as a "down payment", as it were....Hmm....I wonder...should I continue to hold my breath for Hollywood to recreate for the masses to view, THAT event???? Nah....kinda doubt it..

You ever wonder how much all this mula would amount to, physically? Well, the first 400 MILLION bucks, if in 100 dollar bills, would be EIGHT THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED POUNDS...or a little less than 4.5 TONS! Wow! Now, the entire 1.7 BILLION taxpayer dollars would weigh a staggering, now get this....SEVENTEEN TONS, if in 100 dollar bills!! That's correct, good old Barry (Hussein...not Seal!) hauled THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS of your, and my, tax dollars over to the miscreants of Iran...

So, come on, Tom....please....make THAT movie...

Last edited by leftsaidted; 06-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Yes, I'm also a Tom Cruise fan...as he is one of the few Hollywood types that has not, at least to this date, developed the raging, rapidly spreading, non curable disease that has swept through the community of Hollywood, known as TDS...and I am still a huge airplane fan...so yes, it is a good movie, I enjoyed it also...so that's one of the Gipper's foreign policy spectacles.

Now, what I am breathlessly waiting on....is for Tom Cruise to make what would surely be an instant blockbuster of mega proportions, that of the moving of a total of 1.7 BILLION DOLLARS IN CASH to the terrorist country Iran...Maybe Cruise could portray the pilot of the initial cargo plane that hauled 400 MILLION dollars as a "down payment", as it were....Hmm....I wonder...should I continue to hold my breath for Hollywood to recreate for the masses to view, THAT event???? Nah....kinda doubt it..

You ever wonder how much all this mula would amount to, physically? Well, the first 400 MILLION bucks, if in 100 dollar bills, would be EIGHT THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED POUNDS...or a little less than 4.5 TONS! Wow! Now, the entire 1.7 BILLION taxpayer dollars would weigh a staggering, now get this....SEVENTEEN TONS, if in 100 dollar bills!! That's correct, good old Barry (Hussein...not Seal!) hauled THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS of your, and my, tax dollars over to the miscreants of Iran...

So, come on, Tom....please....make THAT movie...
Yup, would be good, but not likely to happen.
Also, this North Korea spectacle is fodder for the Cruise Man. What a team, Tom and Dennis Rodman..

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said:
'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 06-24-2018, 07:58 AM   #4
billj598

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Based on a true story about CIA actions to ship arms to central american countries back in Pres Reagan's days.
I'm a Tom Cruise fan and I love airplanes-- I got a large dose of both.

To avoid jail time for smuggling drugs into the United States from South America, pilot Barry Seal turns informant for the Drug Enforcement Administration -- and soon finds himself in the midst of one of the largest covert operations in U.S. history.
Is this the flick on which Tom Cruise got injured during the production ?

I saw he insists on doing his own stunts and did something pretty serious to his leg (?) in a running jump between the roofs of two buildings.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:29 AM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj598 View Post
Is this the flick on which Tom Cruise got injured during the production ?

I saw he insists on doing his own stunts and did something pretty serious to his leg (?) in a running jump between the roofs of two buildings.
Yes, it is and the scene in which he injured himself was used in the movie.

Closed Thread