1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2020, 10:26 PM   #1
Airforce Dad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 374
Red face Billy Gails

My wife and I were driving North on MO 65 near Ozark. She saw a sign on a building that read " future home of Billy Gail's " What's up with that? Are they moving from Branson? Isn't that kind of dangerous for their business being within view of Lambert's?
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:55 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 11,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
My wife and I were driving North on MO 65 near Ozark. She saw a sign on a building that read " future home of Billy Gail's " What's up with that? Are they moving from Branson? Isn't that kind of dangerous for their business being within view of Lambert's?
With the new ownership they are probably expanding. Using the classic Branson name to increase business. Probably only the tip of a very dark iceberg in the future of a once Branson icon!
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
My wife and I were driving North on MO 65 near Ozark. She saw a sign on a building that read " future home of Billy Gail's " What's up with that? Are they moving from Branson? Isn't that kind of dangerous for their business being within view of Lambert's?
Thats does sound bad for the home team.. LOL..

But if they are open for breakfast at the "new" location they should be fine.. Lamberts doesnt do breakfast.. (do they?).

Hopefully just expansion in business,
I cant believe they would relocate...
Not with the client base that comes with the one and only Billy Gail's.!!
__________________
Just another Day..
sanddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
With the new ownership they are probably expanding. Using the classic Branson name to increase business. Probably only the tip of a very dark iceberg in the future of a once Branson icon!
Interesting. Remember Walmart started out with as one tiny store in Bentonville......LOL
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
Airforce Dad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 374
Thumbs up Billy Gail's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Thats does sound bad for the home team.. LOL..

But if they are open for breakfast at the "new" location they should be fine.. Lamberts doesnt do breakfast.. (do they?).

Hopefully just expansion in business,
I cant believe they would relocate...
Not with the client base that comes with the one and only Billy Gail's.!!
Better check with Lambert's again. When I was there yesterday 7/12/20 they had a huge sign out front "now serving breakfast."
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,199
Maybe this will shed some light on the situation.

https://www.facebook.com/billygailso...MMavi4&fref=nf
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #7
butterflyaway
Senior Member
 
butterflyaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 124
BillyGayles

If they have the same old fashioned atmosphere and great breakfast, I don't think Lambert's has anything over them.
butterflyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 11,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyaway View Post
If they have the same old fashioned atmosphere and great breakfast, I don't think Lambert's has anything over them.
From what I was told by a long time Billy Gail's fan who visited recently.....They don't!
Moved things around, made the kitchen bigger, "updated" by getting rid of much of Gail's charm!
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:04 PM   #9
Airforce Dad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
From what I was told by a long time Billy Gail's fan who visited recently.....They don't!
Moved things around, made the kitchen bigger, "updated" by getting rid of much of Gail's charm!
Kinda reminds me of when the big wigs at Coke wanted to change the 100 year old formula. It didn't sell. It went over like a lead balloon. Public outcry forced Coca-Cola to revert to what the public wanted.
I still think that Flat Creek Restaurants have bitten off a bite that is too big for them to chew
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:32 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 11,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
Kinda reminds me of when the big wigs at Coke wanted to change the 100 year old formula. It didn't sell. It went over like a lead balloon. Public outcry forced Coca-Cola to revert to what the public wanted.
I still think that Flat Creek Restaurants have bitten off a bite that is too big for them to chew
Unlike "New Coke" Flat Creek will probably still be successful at Billy Gails. Enough people who don't really care, or know about the charm that was Gail, and Sarge. Plus enough new customers that have no idea of what they are missing.
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #11
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,199
If you like it go, if you don't there are plenty of other places to pick from or eat at home. Our family is not eating out at this point, so it is a moot point for us and a lot of other people we know are not eating out.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #12
MrSunshine
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ozark, Missouri
Posts: 12
It is another Brics Belgian Waffle House that has been changed over to another restaurant offering breakfast food. This location did well on weekends. They will get much traffic from the James River Church. Most breakfast places in Ozark, Springfield and Branson seem to do well on weekends. Around this same area you have Denny's, Bric Belgian Waffle, and Village Inns. One of my new favorite places that has two locations in Springfield is First Watch.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote


 

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Billy Gails rjw1991A1 Branson Dining 6 11-30-2018 03:56 AM
Billy Gails Daytimer Branson Dining 9 03-25-2017 04:46 PM
Billy Gails boomer68 Branson Dining 2 08-07-2013 07:12 PM
Billy-Gails sparkplug Branson Dining 1 09-24-2009 10:03 AM
Billy Gails? LBM Branson Dining 19 01-20-2009 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 PM.


--