1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: se iowa
Posts: 1,447
Dolly Parton

I was just curious if Dolly Parton ever visits the Dixie Stampede in Branson and makes appearances??
wwgang is offline  
Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!
 
loves2fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
I was just curious if Dolly Parton ever visits the Dixie Stampede in Branson and makes appearances??
No..... Just misleading ads.
__________________
Support our troops by bringing them home NOW !
loves2fish is offline  
Old 12-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor
 
kidfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Branson Native
Posts: 638
Last time Dolly made an official visit was in 1999. She is strictly an endorser of the Dixie Stampede and doesn't own stock in it.
__________________
Search Branson Real Estate: CharlieGerken.com
kidfuture is offline  
Old 01-02-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member
 
hhawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North East Arkansas
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfuture View Post
Last time Dolly made an official visit was in 1999. She is strictly an endorser of the Dixie Stampede and doesn't own stock in it.
Really? Wow, I assumed that she was a part owner or something. What about the one in Pigeon Forge. Does she have anything to do with that one either? That is very interesting.
hhawkins is offline  
Old 01-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 16,373
We were told by employees of Dollywood that Dolly doesn't have any $$$ invested in that park --- just lends her name to the advertising. But you sure see a lot of stuff (butterflies, etc) that relate to Dolly in the park! I noticed that this year's SDC season pass will get you 1 day's free admission to Dollywood. We used our passes several years ago for 1 free day at Dollywood, but I thought that in the last few years, the SDC season pass only gave you a 50% off discount to Dollywood.
shis1 is offline  
Old 01-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member
 
SweetSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cooter Neck Bend, Arkansas & Branson, Missouri
Posts: 2,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
We were told by employees of Dollywood that Dolly doesn't have any $$$ invested in that park --- just lends her name to the advertising. But you sure see a lot of stuff (butterflies, etc) that relate to Dolly in the park! I noticed that this year's SDC season pass will get you 1 day's free admission to Dollywood. We used our passes several years ago for 1 free day at Dollywood, but I thought that in the last few years, the SDC season pass only gave you a 50% off discount to Dollywood.
I hope that's true for 2007 because we are SDC all-city pass holders and are going to Dollywood mid-June for one day.
SweetSue is offline  
Old 01-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor
 
kidfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Branson Native
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhawkins View Post
What about the one in Pigeon Forge. Does she have anything to do with that one either?


Nope, same situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
I noticed that this year's SDC season pass will get you 1 day's free admission to Dollywood. We used our passes several years ago for 1 free day at Dollywood, but I thought that in the last few years, the SDC season pass only gave you a 50% off discount to Dollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
I hope that's true for 2007 because we are SDC all-city pass holders and are going to Dollywood mid-June for one day.


It's called cross promotional branding. The Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation (owner of Silver Dollar City) owns a large percentage of both the Dixie Stampede and Dollywood. Here's a list of other fine brands H.F.E. has ownership in: http://www.hfecorp.com/Brands/
__________________
Search Branson Real Estate: CharlieGerken.com
kidfuture is offline  
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
Southstarz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 162
I hope you get a free pass to Dollywood too with a SDC season pass as we are planning to go there in late July. Sweet Sue, I am originally from just south of Bucksnort, just over from Cooterneck.
Southstarz is offline  
Old 01-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
deb_803
George Strait Junkie
 
deb_803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Arkansas, Between Toadsuck and Pickles Gap
Posts: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southstarz View Post
I hope you get a free pass to Dollywood too with a SDC season pass as we are planning to go there in late July. Sweet Sue, I am originally from just south of Bucksnort, just over from Cooterneck.
Is this in Arkansas? Where? I know I've heard of those towns.
__________________
*Deb*

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
deb_803 is offline  
Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #10
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member
 
hhawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North East Arkansas
Posts: 1,109
Involvement

She does have more involvement in DollyWood. I do not know about money invested. I assumed she is connected, but I also assumed that about Dixie. You can see what assuming does.

However, she does officially open DW every year, and she makes occsasional appearances during the year. She even has a bedroom in the park. Saw it on a tv special about DW. Her official museum is also inside the park. She also has family that performs in the park daily. I have been several times and really like DW. It is not as hilly as SDC.

DW used to be called Silver Dollar City, but when she got involved the name was changed.
hhawkins is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent!!! (Will Dolly Parton be in Branson this weekend?) deb_803 Branson Shows 25 08-10-2006 03:35 PM
Was DOLLY there? katefromkansas Branson Shows 0 08-09-2006 08:35 AM
Circle B Chuckwagon or Dolly Dixie Stampede TINKERBELL Branson Shows 8 02-09-2006 01:11 PM
Dolly Trouble gidgetmidget Just for Chit Chat 4 10-27-2005 04:38 PM
Dolly Pardon on tour dmjmnelson Branson Shows 8 10-30-2002 08:52 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 AM.


--