Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #16
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Back from soft open

Just back from Pizza Ranch soft open.
If you had ever been to the venue when it was Montana Mike's you would not recognize the place. Complete do-over buildout. Well thought out.

Plenty of help, (practically falling over each other), seem well trained and with a great attitude.

Having been in the food business I know enough not to judge a restaurant in its first few weeks. For their first "live" exercise, they did well. Some rough spots. Some dishes need tweaking. Some things need to be rethought.

For the record, the chicken was as good or better than 95% of what is available in Branson. It is pressure fried, (broasted), so very juicy and flavorful. Stuffing needs an adjustment on the spices and herbs. Chicken gravy was spot on. Broccoli cheese soup needs tweaking. Philly Cheesesteak Pizza was really good with an Alfredo/cheese sauce. Meat pizza needs a little tweaking. The cinnamon-sugar dessert pizza is addictive.

I will return a few times in the next month or so and then do a review, but it's worth checking the place out. Their "Hard" opening is the 29th.

---tort--

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 10-25-2018, 06:03 AM   #17
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
Scored free tix for tonite's "soft open". DW & I are going. Looking forward to the chicken. It's supposed to be like the late, lamented Chesters'.
---tort--
Nice.. How was it?

Your first time to a Pizza Ranch?
Old 10-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #18
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Today is day #1..... OPening Day!

Who is going?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:37 PM   #19
ggh
Super User

I've never been to a Pizza Ranch - I gather it's an all you can eat buffet.

Fried chicken & soups, in addition to pizza. Do they have salad? (If so, do they have lettuce besides iceberg lettuce?)

Hoping to find a place that will satisfy everyone in the family. No easy feat!

What is the price/person?
Old 10-29-2018, 06:21 PM   #20
KJN
Super Ultra Member

ggh, usually there are two types of lettuce salads, one of which is iceberg. There is usually cottage cheese, pudding, lettuce toppings, and I don't pay attention to what all as I always get the same, usually one type of soup. There is chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, sometimes mac n cheese, fried potato slices, seasoned waffle fries, also usually green beans, sometimes stuffing, biscuits, pizza, dessert pizza and ours has a soft serve ice cream machine. I do believe that costs differ on locations. (If you have a favorite pizza you can order it and it will be delivered to your table and the rest will b put on the pizza buffet).
Old 10-29-2018, 06:25 PM   #21
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post

Hoping to find a place that will satisfy everyone in the family. No easy feat!

What is the price/person?
Satisly family- NO problem

Cost-
M-F 11-4 9.99
after 4 & Weekends 11.99
includes drink..
Old 10-30-2018, 05:25 AM   #22
KJN
Super Ultra Member

The price for kids at our Pizza Ranch is:
0-4 free
5-8 $4.99
9-12 $6.99
Each Pizza Ranch may be different so don't know about kid prices at Branson.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:31 AM   #23
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I did ask them on FB why the evening and weekend buffet was 2.00 higher, even though the Buffet is identical....

NO answer yet

Last edited by sanddunerider; 10-30-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:25 PM   #24
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I did ask them on FB why the evening and weekend buffet was 2.00 higher, even though the Buffet is identical....

NO answer yet
Don't know the answer, but all those that I've been to here in Iowa have that type of pricing also. Many places offer cheaper lunch "deals", but are usually smaller portions. PR lunch is cheaper but still very large buffet.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 AM   #25
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

It is like anywhere else, weekends and evenings they do charge more. Especially on a buffet, because they have more people that will come at those times. During the week, the cheaper prices are to tempt people to come then instead of the weekend when EVERYONE else wants to go.

I know of a lot of places that do that. The same with lunch being cheaper than evening. They want to give an incentive to come in at lunch instead.

Vickie
Old 10-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #26
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBeason View Post
It is like anywhere else, weekends and evenings they do charge more. Especially on a buffet, because they have more people that will come at those times. During the week, the cheaper prices are to tempt people to come then instead of the weekend when EVERYONE else wants to go.

I know of a lot of places that do that. The same with lunch being cheaper than evening. They want to give an incentive to come in at lunch instead.

Vickie
Yes the PR in my area also does the higher price thing on weekends, Which is why I dont eat there on weekends.

I understand that detail, But most buffets change from lunch to dinner...

I was more wanting to hear reason from Pizza Ranch, Same buffet, Same overhead, higher price? just wanted to hear their justification...
Old 10-31-2018, 11:52 AM   #27
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Could it be that Personnel Staffing costs on nights and weekends are higher and the meals charges reflect that increase?
Old 11-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #28
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I've asked their corporate office for an explanation. I'm sure there are many factors that contribute. Will let you know what they tell me.

Vickie
Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 AM   #29
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Here is their response. When you think about it, it really is pretty reasonable.

Some Pizza Ranches do have different items on the evening buffet, but the main reason the evening price is higher than the lunch is we have found people eat quite a bit more in the evening. Our evening guests tend to be more families and people have more time to sit and eat, compared to lunch when the guests usually want a quick meal. Our cost for the lunch buffet is lower than our cost for the evening buffet so we have price accordingly. Another reason is we are competing more with QSR at lunch for the quick meal, and at dinner we are competing more with the family restaurants that have a higher ticket.

This is pretty much how most restaurants justify their pricing (plated dinner or buffet).

Vickie
Old 11-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #30
titleman

It called operating a business at maximun profit. The customers will tell you if its working or not and as far as pizza ranch it seem to work all over the country.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/emerging...ch-pizza-ranch

Closed Thread