1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
susieokla

Whippersnappers Seafood Buffet

My husband and I were in Branson last weekend and driving around looking for somewhere to eat dinner the first night and we had eaten at Whippersnappers a few years ago where my husband got the all you can eat buffet that included the lobster and crab legs and I think it was right at $30 or so and he decided he wanted to try that again.

When we got there the waitress said have a seat then I'll explain how it works now. They don't list the price for the full buffet on the menus any longer. They have a basic all you can eat buffet for $19.99 which does not include lobster and crab legs. To add the lobster or crab legs is like almost $40 something per person and to all both lobster & crab legs is like almost $50 something per person! I can't remember the exact prices now but we were a little shocked to say the least lol.

We decided since we were starving that we would just eat the regular $19.99 buffet which wasn't was very good at all and the waitress kept coming and asking if we wanted to add the lobster and crab legs to go ahead and get them, um no thanks.

I really wish we would've left and went to Red Lobster instead.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
justgohogs

thanks for the heads up! when my wife and I eat somewhere we haven't been before or haven't been to in a while and the experience is not what we wanted, we look at those experiences as "...well, we don't ever have to come back here..." experiences. I'm sure you won't go back either. thanks again.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
susieokla

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Isn't that the place where they found a coyote in the freezer a few years back?
What the heck? Why would they have a coyote? lol
Old 10-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
susieokla

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
thanks for the heads up! when my wife and I eat somewhere we haven't been before or haven't been to in a while and the experience is not what we wanted, we look at those experiences as "...well, we don't ever have to come back here..." experiences. I'm sure you won't go back either. thanks again.
Exactly, lesson learned and will try something different next time.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Tried it once..........that was their mistake.

Haven't tried it again.....that would be my mistake.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 10-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #6
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

I've been there a number of times in the last 11 years. Although they've moved once or twice I've always found them to be pretty good. $30 might be what I paid back in the day, but I remember when Red Lobster had All You Can Eat Crab Legs-$12.99. I'm old. These days an all you can eat crab legs and lobster with a complete buffet for $50 is about right. I actually remember a place in Bloomington MN called the Criterion that had unlimited crab legs for $8.99. I'm really old.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Yup, the link to the health department website says it no longer exists, but it was written up. BTW, they have some quite interesting reviews on Tripadvisor. Don't think I've ever seen a one star average

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Missouri.html
Old 10-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yes, it used to be on the Taney County Health Department's review from July 2012. They found a dead coyote in the walk in freezer - SITTING ON TOP OF FOOD! I also cannot find the report anywhere...But it WAS there..at one time!
Old 10-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #9
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Yes, it used to be on the Taney County Health Department's review from July 2012. They found a dead coyote in the walk in freezer - SITTING ON TOP OF FOOD! I also cannot find the report anywhere...But it WAS there..at one time!
Considering how hot it gets in July around these parts, it could have been that a worker, or workersnapper as they call them, saw a coyote in the parking lot that really looked over heated and decided to let him in the cooler for just a few minutes. Well you know how that goes, worker gets busy and forgets coyote and there you go.

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:07 AM   #10
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
This goes back a few years. I believe the story that was told to the Health Dept. was that a kitchen employee found it on the way to work and wanted to have it stuffed. But it was stacked on some food they were using in the restaurant. The Health Dept. wasn't amused.
Timing is everything
Old 10-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #11
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
The actions of a single worker 7 years ago don't bother me much today.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Yes, they have improved their Trip Advisor rating to 2 1/2 from one. Now only 39% of reviewers rate it terrible. But when you add the poor ratings, there are still over 50% of the guests not happy. Frozen coyote or not!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Missouri.html
Old 10-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #13
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

And once again....

Grand Country Buffet comes to mind....
Old 10-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
And once again....

Grand Country Buffet comes to mind....
Well, of course Grand Country is great. Not only the best buffet in Branson, the only buffet we will go to. But, two different animals entirely. Not only in quality, cleanliness, and service. Whippersnapper's is supposedly a seafood buffet. No crab legs, or lobster at Grand Country. But then again, no dead coyotes in the freezer either.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #15
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Well, of course Grand Country is great. Not only the best buffet in Branson, the only buffet we will go to. But, two different animals entirely. Not only in quality, cleanliness, and service. Whippersnapper's is supposedly a seafood buffet. No crab legs, or lobster at Grand Country. But then again, no dead coyotes in the freezer either.
True! BUT if your only having the "basic" buffet..............

Closed Thread