1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 11-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Frontier gone for 2019

Well, yesterday was the last day Frontier flew into or out of Branson for 2019...I caught the flight out, then into Denver...then grabbed another airline to where I was going. I do not really understand why Frontier doesn't hang around through the Christmas season...LOTS of people will be pouring into town the next few weeks...But, evidently they have done their own market research, never consulting me for my opinion...It is just handy having a major airline within 10 minutes of Branson that flies WEST into a major hub...I will just have to wait until next spring, when (hopefully) they start service once again to Branson.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
Chittlins

Frontier finally started flights to DEN from XNA and it appears to continue thru winter. I wonder how this will affect BKG going forward. That is kinda close but still a little far away.
Chittlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yes...I will be using XNA later this month, and also Dec...so will get to experience that...yes, a longer driver than Branson Airport...but closer than Tulsa, Little Rock, or St Louis...
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
Chittlins

Xna enplanements are going to be up around 18 to 20 % from last year's record number.

I was told that Southwest was nearly a done deal but the FBO at XNA was playing hardball and then the Max issue happened and it fell apart. Only then did Frontier jump on the DEN. I'm told this also spurred Allegiant to start the BNA(nashville)flight. Because both of those were going to be two of the three routes Southwest was going to start service with and Love Field flights was going to be the third. I'm curious to see what Frontier might add in 2020.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
ggh
Super User

I'd like to see XNA to Florida again someday!

I love flying in and out of the airport - but am not keen on spending my vacation waiting for connecting flights, so I'd rather not have to fly to Denver to get to Florida, lol!
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #6
Chittlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I'd like to see XNA to Florida again someday!

I love flying in and out of the airport - but am not keen on spending my vacation waiting for connecting flights, so I'd rather not have to fly to Denver to get to Florida, lol!
Allegiant flies to Sanford all the time sometimes 5x weekly during peak. They are bringing back Destin as well. American flies to Miami but that is not Allegiant prices, lol.

I wish they(Allegiant) would add Fll and/or PIE

Last edited by Chittlins; 12-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:42 AM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Grand daughter catching an allegiant flight this AM back to Orlando. Wish they flew into branson instead. However we are glad we have this cheaper option.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote