1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Pumpkin Nights?

anyone been or going to SDC's new festival? be interesting to hear some observations on it.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Not been yet, but going soon...looks to be in good fun...however, when reading the SDC website/press release about this event, from a strictly historical point of view...it struck me of being a very similar celebration, akin to the ancient Celtics and their priests the Druids, and their celebration of Samhain...which I don't care for. However, again, I think most people will walk around oblivious to the obvious connections, either purposeful, or coincidental. Again, will be great fun for the majority of visitors.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
I think most people will walk around oblivious to the obvious connections.
A lot of that going around these days, and certainly not just in SDC.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 09-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
OkieAnon

2 minute video from SDC

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/the...YwMjY2MzU0NQS2
Old 09-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
Baldwin

We went this week and really enjoy all the pumpkins, never saw so many real and fake.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

1st night of Pumpkin Lights

DH and I were there Wednesday night for the first night of Pumpkin Lights. The various lighted pumpkins and figures (spider, owl, scarecrow, etc.) are impressive. The music when you enter the square is pop music like during Moonlight Madness. You enter Pumpkin Nights through a big arch over the walkway to the Grand Exposition. The music changed to songs like Monster Mash and Ghostbusters.

In the Grand Exposition there are some figures made of lighted pumpkins including a very large spider and owl plus other decorations. You need to walk around the entire area. Most of the GE rides were running and the games were open.

Tucked into the back corner of the Grand Exposition, not too far from the roller coaster and the Elephant March, is the entrance to the walkway leading to the Pumpkin Nights plaza. It's so dim in that corner that is was difficult to find the entrance, should have had employees over in that area giving direction. The walkway has lots of lighted pumpkins with various carvings. The plaza has stands for food and face painting. There is a huge screen, a DJ playing music, and a dance floor for the 15 minute dance parties. Then to exit the plaza there is another lighted pumpkin walkway that ends by the old Waterboggan.

Some shops and food stands throughout the park were open. Some rides around the park were running. There are no shows at night other than the Echo Hollow show. DH was able to walk right on Time Traveler.

We went back the next day and was able to see more of the Harvest Festival Decorations. There was a lot we didn't see the night before because the overall lighting in the park is so dim. During the day you can see the decorations around the park but the walkway to the Plaza and the walkway to the plaza by the old Waterboggan is blocked off. Those areas open at 5 pm.

The Lumberjack Cirque show was pretty good -- it is a cirque show with acrobatics and tumbling and just happens to have a lumberjack theme so it's not a real lumberjack show of sawing logs, log rolling, etc. The Paper Dolls who were performing this week used to be known as the bluegrass group Redhead Express. They have definitely moved on to a wider range of music.

There are fewer craft booths on the walkways throughout the park so it is easier to walk through the park. There are now crafters in the Frisco barn (the building that used to be filled with all of the cowboy stuff during the fall festival).
Old 09-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Here's a free article from Branson Tri-Lakes News that has a picture of the large pumpkin scarecrow:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...e4b287785.html
Old 10-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

As a "heads up"...went to SDC at 4:30 this afternoon...could NOT get into the park...all parking lots were full, and they put a sign out saying "Come Back AFTER 6:30 pm"...cruised back to Branson, just beat the dinner crowd into Cracker Barrel. Now headed back out AGAIN to attempt to gain access to the park and Pumpkin Nights....
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #9
arkansan

We are headed there on Thursday. Hoping it won't be too unbearably crowded, as we plan to go on Thursday and Friday. Our plan is to stay later on Thursday and then go Friday morning and leave mid-afternoon since I'm sure it will get more crowded on Friday night.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #10
arkansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
As a "heads up"...went to SDC at 4:30 this afternoon...could NOT get into the park...all parking lots were full, and they put a sign out saying "Come Back AFTER 6:30 pm"...cruised back to Branson, just beat the dinner crowd into Cracker Barrel. Now headed back out AGAIN to attempt to gain access to the park and Pumpkin Nights....
Were you able to get back in after 6:30?
Old 10-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

DW and some friends went yesterday (Sunday) and it was packed, especially late afternoon and after dark.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:16 PM   #12
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
DW and some friends went yesterday (Sunday) and it was packed, especially late afternoon and after dark.
I was there, too!
Loved the Pumpkin Fudge and the lit up carved pumpkins, especially the ones with the cats and the teapot (my favorite).
Wish we could have had a Meet-Up...your family and my family....but you were dancing up by the stage in the Pumpkin Nights part, right.
The Pumpkin Carver did a nice funny little talk and he inspired me to carve my pumpkin using his tips.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:54 PM   #13
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
I was there, too!
Loved the Pumpkin Fudge and the lit up carved pumpkins, especially the ones with the cats and the teapot (my favorite).
Wish we could have had a Meet-Up...your family and my family....but you were dancing up by the stage in the Pumpkin Nights part, right.
The Pumpkin Carver did a nice funny little talk and he inspired me to carve my pumpkin using his tips.
I wasn't in the group due to a conflict with TV football, but I did score a nice hunk-o- fudge.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #14
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

In case you havent heard.

attendence at SDC this weekend was
sat-26,000,
and sunday-20,000
Old 10-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #15
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
In case you havent heard.

attendence at SDC this weekend was
sat-26,000,
and sunday-20,000
Sounds like some Branson music shows should incorporate some pumpkins into the act. Ideas anyone??

Closed Thread