1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 06:00 PM   #1
libraria
Super Ultra Member

Trip Report

My sister and I had a wonderful time in Branson. Got there Saturday afternoon and did a little shopping. Ate at the Rib Crib; loved the brisket. Jim Stafford Sat night. What a great show. He is so funny, he had my shoulders shaking from laughing so hard. His daughter is so cute and his son so talented for a 10-yr. old. Enjoyed it very much. Sunday was cold and rainy, but we didn't care cause had 3 shows scheduled. Morning show was Red, Hot & Blue; this show is great, they do songs from each decade since 1900 thru 1950's. They did not do the Sixties; substituted some Christmas songs instead. There are six very talented people in this show. I bought a CD of Scott Sartain, one of the singers in the group. Would highly recommend this show. Afternoon show was Broadway; all I can say is WOW. What beautiful big production numbers. The lead female singer is a tiny person with a fabulous voice. Great variety of music so if you don't like one song, you will definitely like another one. Sunday night was Shoji, my all time favorite. His violin sings to me. I close my eyes and just enjoy. Christina was not in the show. I talked to Shoji and he said she is in Nashville trying to get a recording contract. Monday was shopping at Factory Shoppes on Gretna Rd. until about 2:00 p.m.; late lunch at McGuffy's (it was alright, but nothing great); then headed home. In Springfield, we were at a gas station on Sunshine, just going back to my car after paying for gas when we saw an accident on Sunshine. A man in a van had to swerve to miss a woman pulling out into the street; when he swerved back right his van did a complete rollover. He appeared to be ok, but when you see something like that, it really shakes you up!!

We stayed at Savannah House and I was satisfied with it. Good variety of breakfast foods; and ice cream at night. Wasn't really crowded cause we were there Sat & Sun nights. Was able to use AAA discount for $49.95 for Sat night and Travel Buddy coupon for $39.95 for Sun night; good prices for two persons with two queen beds and free breakfast.

I brought home one of the newspapers to let you all know about the Thanksgiving Day buffets, but I see Branson Mom has already given you the info.

I was able to do something else I love to do and that is perform a random act of kindness. I had a certificate for two tickets to the Lennon Bros. which I was unable to use cause we postponed our trip and they don't have shows on Sun. or Mon. mornings. When we were at Red, Hot & Blue, I was talking to a couple from Colorado who had just gotten to Branson for a week, with no particular plans, so I gave them the certificate. I was happy to find someone who could use it.

Sandra from Warrensburg
Old 11-25-2003, 07:17 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

What a wonderful review..........thanks for that.

I have not seen Red Hot and Blue......and I think I will try next time, Im there.

I heard someone else from here, saying they loved it.

Thanks again......for the information.........)))))))))))))))
Old 11-25-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Great review! We are planning to see Shoji on Dec. 4. I sure hope Christina is back by then. But now I won't be surprised not to see her. We've never seen his Christmas show before, but have seen him in the summer many times. I remember seeing Christina when she was just elementary school aged. Glad you had a good time.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
libraria
Super Ultra Member

Shoji's Christmas show is the best, best, best. I love that they do not skimp on the costumes. Even if it is a part of the show that only lasts a couple of minutes, the costumes and effects are wonderful. I won't give it away but the last five minutes of the show will utterly blow you away!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 08:48 AM   #5
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for posting about your visit libraria! It sounds like you had a good time!! I'm sorry you had to see that accident, it does shake you up, that's for sure! I hope I get the chance to see Shoji's Christmas show again, I agree it is great!!!

Cheesecake, if you get the chance to see Red, Hot and Blue, take it! It is a very fun, energetic show!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 05:31 PM   #6
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
"I love that they do not skimp on the costumes"
You know, I feel just the opposite - I really prefer skimpy costumes
Old 11-26-2003, 11:52 PM   #7
cangreja
The Crab

Skimpy

Is that with or without the striped republican hat??

Loved your reviews and was delighted with your random act of kindness. There is nothing that makes a persons day more then something like that--thanks for sharing!

Closed Thread