1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 09:54 PM   #1
soonermagic

Thumbs up Attraction Trip report

Places we enjoyed
Prolly goes without saying BUT SDC is always a wonderful family choice I think it was extra special this time because when we attended the SDC Salloon Show I was picked to play the "School Marm" now my claim to fame was "HALP HALP" and let me just say my children got a HUGE laugh and mimic'd me the entire time we were in Branson HECK they are still giving me grieve as we speak LOL They hubby,2 older kids rode wildfire 28 times in 2days needless to say they LOVED this ride and I really enjoyed the pics you can buy of them on the ride what a great reminder of their fun!

Ok Dicks 5 & 10 isnt considered an attraction BUT it should be! We throughly enjoyed our time spent in old downtown branson! I have to agree with a post i read prior to our leaving that the clerks there are not the nicest/friendliest BUT they had such wonderful items & great deals the poor customer service didnt bother me but i notcied and felt what someone posted about the service there. I personally felt they were understaffed and perhaps thats why they seemed and acted less than friendly the store was packed! But we stopped there twice

The Traks family parks ok my children LOVED the go carts it was so awesome to see my 8 & 10 yr old driving those go carts my son crashed and burned on his 1st go round but then he had the hang of it! One of the highlights of my trip was watching them drive the carts!

Shepard of the Hills Inspiration Tower was a very affordable and neat way to get a birds eye view of Branson! I really enjoyed this and a family pass was $12.00

We drove around lake taneycomo how wonderful it was! The public fishing dock was great fun for the kids we think next time we visit we are going to rent a boat for the day.

We wanted to go to several shows BUT my children are still young(6,8 & 10) and since i found myself cringing everytime I heard others kids crying or whining at various places through-out town we opted to give them one more yr so that we all can enjoy a show not to mention the other guests at the shows...maybe I didnt give my kiddos enough credit they were actualll very well behaved the entire time we were in Branson BUT I didnt want to chance it with some shows being 2-3 hrs I know that kiddos attention spans are still limited at this age...

I must admit the traffic is unbearable with small kids on a sat or sun evening(we didnt know all the back roads) BUT we loved seeing Branson lit up at night it was so magical! But waiting 45 mins to go 1/2 mile was awful LOL worth the one time expierence tho' glad we did it AND hope we dont EVER gotta sit in that kinda traffic ever again! LOL

We opted to spend a lot of our time utilizing the pool at the hotel I now have 3 lil fishes and doing very inexspensive things while on this trip and in doing that we got to shop more and get more goodies. Our next trip we plan to skip SDC and do some shows and more things on the strip....

Again we couldnt have pulled this trip off without you message board junkies help SO another BIG Thanks from the Johnsons in BA

I forgot to mention the EXCELLENT service I recived at the Silver jewerly shop @ SDC I had a ring I bought there last yr on a very quick trip just to sdc and the pins needed to be replaced or tightened well the gentleman that does all the ring work was gone both days we were @ sdc so the ladies that worked there gave me a brand new ring. I felt guilty and said no at first and even offered to leave the ring (my original) and have them send it via mail but they insisted I take a new ring just like my old one. I was truly taken back by their kindness!

Last edited by soonermagic; 07-30-2003 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for your post! I'm so glad you had a good time!! Come back soon, but next time lets get you to those back roads!!!

Closed Thread