Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
Prayerlady
Prayerlady

Thumbs up Beautiful new theatre for Kirby VanBurch

Beautiful New Theatre for Kirby VanBurch
My family and I are actually from Illinois but we are in Branson now because it is SLOW! We have been fans of Kirby's and have followed him around Branson to all his theatres! His brand new theatre is on highway248 and is absolutely gorgeous! It really looks like a Magical Palace!! The inside looks like a fairytail palace with beautiful marble columns and wonderful magic posters everywhere. The magical unicorn also has a viewing area that looks like a castle! Thumbs up to Kirby and his wife Bambi for their new home
Prayer Lady
Old 02-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Welcome PrayerLady. So glad you found us.

If you see the show again, please tell Kirby about this board.
It would be nice if he could post here himself.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
pickapeppa251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayerlady
[COLOR=Magenta] His brand new theatre is on highway248 and is absolutely gorgeous! Prayer Lady
Brand new theater??? That theater has been around for almost 10 years and has had quite a few different shows there, including Kirby, who performed there several years ago!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Prayerlady
Prayerlady

Wink Yes, new theatre

Yes, it is a new theatre considering how my husband and I had seen it when the sixties show was there. It was pink, yellow, and blue inside the lobby! Nothing like what Kirby and his wife and have turned it into. It is definately a first class theatre in Branson. They are in the process of having a boxed seating like in the oprah houses for VIP's! The room is already there so now they are redecorating it to treat VIP's there that come to the show. They really know how to decorate and make a theatre first class.
God Bless Everyone!
P.S. I saw the Branson Brothers and I give it 2 thumbs up
Old 02-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
MISSOURI_INFO
MISSOURI TRAVELER

Smile

Yes i have to agree it is quite a mystical theater. Even though Kirby was there before it still does not change the fact that actually Kirby did do alot of the remodeling when it changed over from the gettysburg theater to the VB theater several years ago. And now he is back in it with more upgrades. Although he has made his mark in several theaters in town over the years, it does seem different this time. It is more like fate or destiny in a magical, mystical way. I wish him the best of luck and good fortune, God above knows he deserves a break..
Old 02-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
SemperFly
Super Ultra Member

"God above knows he deserves a break"

are you serious??
He got drunk, speeds, commits a hit and run, has a loaded weapon (without a permit I think) and tries to assault a police officer. Granted he has been fined or whatever happened to him, but I dont think he had any jail time.
I have NO, ZERO, NADA, ZIP, NOTHING sympathy for ANYONE who drives drunk.
This is my opinion only. I have never seen his show, nor do I care to.
My son on the other hand just loves his show and has gone several times.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

WELCOME PRAYERLADY TO THE BOARD.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
MISSOURI_INFO
MISSOURI TRAVELER

I know that Kirby has done some things that he is probably not proud of and I know that I don't endorse or approve of. But a court of law has deemed his punishment and will see that he makes good on it. I absolutely have no tolerance for drinking irresponsively, drugs or those who feel like they can only survive by hurting others. Kirby has or will have to pay for what he has done. It is not my right to pass judgement of him and his actions nor is it right for me to judge him. We have all done wrong at one time or another and we each pay our debts one way or another. I feel once someone has paid their debts then they have a choice to keep their slate clean or once again dirty it. To my knowledge since his incident his slate has remained clean. And from one business man to another I wish him luck. Because I believe if I can wish him the best then I too will receive the best in return 10 full.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
OkieAnon

someone help me out...
where's this new beautiful theater? am I forgetting someplace? all I can remember is the Tri Lakes and a tin shed theater between Tri-Lakes and the Stop Light, did they build something new?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

You will see even MORE big improvements. Kirby is now backed by one of the "New" Branson promoters. This man knows what and how to promote and has the backing to do it. The sky will be the limit. This promoter is big on bringing more people to Branson, not just trying to drain from the same pond. These new promoters are an awsome thing for our town.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon
someone help me out...
where's this new beautiful theater? am I forgetting someplace? all I can remember is the Tri Lakes and a tin shed theater between Tri-Lakes and the Stop Light, did they build something new?
I think they are talking about that small theater out by Mel Tillis's last Theater... the old "Magical Palace".
Old 02-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #12
Bubble

I heard the unicorn's horn wobbles. Maybe they should use some of the money to glue it onto the horse a little better.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #13
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

Excited

I will be excited to see the new show. Sounds like there are a couple new acts in the show, but really excited about the theatre renovation.

I have to admit, any improvements to that theatre (Musical/Magical Palace) would be for the best. Especially the seats, they were a tight fit. Hope they put in new seats.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
MBLurker

Question Define Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatiCake101
I think they are talking about that small theater out by Mel Tillis's last Theater
That "small theatre" has 900+ seats. More than the Country Tonite Theatre or Bart Rockett's.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLurker
That "small theatre" has 900+ seats. More than the Country Tonite Theatre or Bart Rockett's.

Ooops..sorry...wasn't trying to offend anyone...been there, and inside and out just seemed small to me, compared to some of the others we've been in, and especially the one it's next to.

Closed Thread