1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
kari

Talking Back from Branson-show report

We just returned from our Branson trip March 15-20! As always, we had a blast. We saw 4 shows while we were there ("we" is myself, my husband, his mother, and our 2 boys--4 and 6 yrs old):

Stuck on the 70's-- This is the 3rd year in a row we have seen this show, and it was great as always. We only recognized 1 of the performers (Jason), but the new cast is GREAT!!! We were nervous at first, because our favorite--The human Q-Tip---was not there, but we still loved it just as much! We are heading back to Branson in July and will see this show again!

Brett Daniels--We saw this on Thursday, March 17, Opening night. We were extremely disappointed. Due to several technical difficulties, basically the entire second half of the show was a flop. I spoke with the Grand Palace manager Rodney the next day and he promptly refunded our ticket costs. I understand that it takes time to get a show moving, so I hope that it improves as the season continues. The dancers during the show were very good.

Cirque-- We saw this Friday night. All I can say is WOW!!!! my kids wanted to go back Saturday and see it again. The artistry and talent were amazing!!! I can't wait to see it again! So many talented performers, and the set display was awesome.

Pierce Arrow-- We saw the afternoon show. This was our 12th trip to Branson, and our first trip to this show. This was my mother-in-law's choice. My husband and I are both 29, and we thought this show was going to be geared towards an older audience. I don't know what we were thinking!!! We LOVED IT!!! the comedian is SOOOO funny, and their voices were amazing!

What can I say--- we love Branson, and can't wait to go back. We will be there for a week in July, and already have our "to do" list started!!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:05 AM   #2
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Sounds GREAT!! Just think, we have all those shows ahead of us.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Oh dear, we were planning to see Brett Daniels, now I'm having second thoughts.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
kari

when I spoke to the manager, he stated that they just weren't prepared for opening night. I enjoyed the parts of the show where there were no technical difficulties. When are you going?

ALSO, i forgot to mention that there is a coupon for buy 1 adult ticket, get 1 free on the miniature golf scorecard at the minigolf located next to Dutch Kountry Inn (where the Wild Woody is). Of course, we golfed after the show, so we did not get to use the coupon. This saves you $35.00!! You just have to get the scorecard validated after you golf.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #5
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Thanks for the great review! It sounds like you had a good trip, what shows will you see in July?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
Avais

I'm glad you posted about the 70's show. I'm going in July and was looking forward to see the show again until I heard about Clint, the human Q-tip, wasn't there anymore. I was a little worried how the show would be without him, but from your post I guess I can start looking forward to it again.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:18 PM   #7
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Kari, we aren't going until the end of June, hopefully all glitches will be fixed by then. Thanks for the info about the discount. The more money I can save, the more things I can do.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:49 PM   #8
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Thanks Kari for the great show reviews. I have also seen "Stuck" all three years and it is one of my very FAVORITE shows in town. Can you tell me if there have been any changes to the show that you noticed? Any new songs? How was the crowd size? Details, Details please, LOL!

Thank You,
Old 03-22-2005, 06:52 AM   #9
kari

Jerm, The show is a little different. They are still doing the Love Boat thing, and my opinion is that it is still very funny. Nedra was still there, and she is as great as ever. They still have the "70's band unplugged" in the second half of the show. One major change I noticed is that they seem to spotlight some of the individual singers more this year. In the 2 previous years, they had a set of the men singing (Beatles, Blues Brothers, etc) and then the women came out and did a set together. This time, they mixed and matched different performers. I think the vocal talent is VERY strong this year---the best I've heard so far in this show. Some of the dance moves were not completely in sync, but you can't expect that in the first few weeks of the show.

Oh, and they still a hippie from the audience. Like I said before, we were skeptical, because we LOVED the shows the 2 past years, and were hoping to see more of the same performers we saw last year, but we were pleasantly surprised. We will see it again when we come down in July.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Thank you Kari. What day did you see the show?

Old 03-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #11
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for posting about your visit Kari!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #12
kari

Jerm, we saw the show on Wednesday, March 16th

Closed Thread