Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Turn the Stinkin Switch

That's headlights...
Dw and I went into BTown for breakfast Sunday, and though we have seen this insanity for years, yesterday was a record. I'm talking about the vast numbers of drivers who don't turn their lights on during foggy conditions.
As we went by SDC we decided to count the number of no-light cars. By the time we got to Cracker Barrel (8:20AM) the count was 57% with no lights. If you were out and about you know the fog was really bad. If you have daytime running lights, that does not count due to the lack of tail lights.
Save yourself the incredible grief that an accident can bring--turn the switch!

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 10-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
That's headlights...
Dw and I went into BTown for breakfast Sunday, and though we have seen this insanity for years, yesterday was a record. I'm talking about the vast numbers of drivers who don't turn their lights on during foggy conditions.
As we went by SDC we decided to count the number of no-light cars. By the time we got to Cracker Barrel (8:20AM) the count was 57% with no lights. If you were out and about you know the fog was really bad. If you have daytime running lights, that does not count due to the lack of tail lights.
Some how common sense is often left at home.....or maybe they just don't have any.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
That's headlights...
So True!! Absolutely agree!!

The more stuff they put on theses cars, the stupider it appears some drivers a getting
Old 10-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
So True!! Absolutely agree!!

The more stuff they put on theses cars, the stupider it appears some drivers a getting
Maybe if they put it on their cell phone, it would get switched on, since that seems to be the center of attention for most.

Last edited by soxster; 10-28-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #5
perky4branson

Amen and Amen on that one......
Old 10-29-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Smart phones, smart cars (self driving), smart electric and gas meters, smart home thermostats, smart refrigerators and other appliances....

The more a person relies on a MACHINE to THINK for them....the DUMBER that person becomes, and the THINKING and DECISION aspects of their brain become less and less functional....

But this is all very intentional, and being thrust upon us by certain (warped, IMO) people at the head of a few high tech companies, who's personal dream is to actually replace the human thinking and decision making process with implanted chips into every persons brain...it's all out there, they are not shy about writing and promoting it...pick up a few copies of Wired magazine, among other techie readings, and learn about their plan for YOU and your children....

Closed Thread