1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Trobaman
Go Chiefs !!!

Red Lobster

OMG...we ate there tonight it was awesome I made a real pig out of myself...LOL...i am embarrassed to say what i ate but.....you can get the shrimp scampi on the side (and i did) lol 10 pcs for 5.00 but i also got the lobster_crab_bake (see pic..lol) and it was really really good my wife got the king crab legs and it was a huge platter of crab legs they where also great (i had to help her also) like i said PIG...oink oink...lol...it is not something we get to do very often but you just have to now and then....

Last edited by Trobaman; 08-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
E's mom
Super Ultra Member

I am glad you guys had a good time.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

It's okay to pig out.....and i doubt if it hurt you any....Glad you guys had a great meal....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 08-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
Davidab53
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trobaman View Post
OMG...we ate there tonight it was awesome I made a real pig out of myself...LOL...i am embarrassed to say what i ate but.....you can get the shrimp scampi on the side (and i did) lol 10 pcs for 5.00 but i also got the lobster_crab_bake (see pic..lol) and it was really really good my wife got the king crab legs and it was a huge platter of crab legs they where also great (i had to help her also) like i said PIG...oink oink...lol...it is not something we get to do very often but you just have to now and then....
Did you tip the scampi bowl up, and drink the butter sauce out of it when you were finished with the shrimp?

Don't be ashamed if you did. If you didn't......well....I know you wanted to!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
Trobaman
Go Chiefs !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidab53 View Post
Did you tip the scampi bowl up, and drink the butter sauce out of it when you were finished with the shrimp?

Don't be ashamed if you did. If you didn't......well....I know you wanted to!
no but i did dip my crab legs into it..lol
Old 09-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

It seems like we usually don't have good service at Red Lobster, but the food keeps us coming back. We always order the shrimp trio(shrimp scampi, fried shrimp and shrimp alfredo). This is so delicious! Those cheese biscuits make it worth going just to have one of them.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Both of us LUV Red Lobster.
They sure pour on the salt to their foods, which I'd never
realized until recently and having to count daily sodium intake!
Now that I have to REALLY watch my sodium intake, eating
at Red Lobster adds two lbs before we eat and leave!

.....doesn't make me dislike it, only makes us eat there less now!

Last edited by Blaze2; 09-14-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
...but, who can resist ONE BISCUIT?

Are you certain it was just one biscuit?? I trust that you get the Sunday paper and had the Red Lobster coupon that was in the coupon section???
Old 09-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
ashbris
Super Ultra Member

They have SHRIMP there? I thought it was ONLY cheese biscuits. By the time I get done eating those and my cole slaw, I am ready to take my entree home in a bag!!! I am ready, but I never do......
Old 09-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #10
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbris View Post
They have SHRIMP there? I thought it was ONLY cheese biscuits. By the time I get done eating those and my cole slaw, I am ready to take my entree home in a bag!!! I am ready, but I never do......

Forget the salad and the baked potato. Give me the cheese biscuits, ultimate fondue, some flounder, butterfly shrimp, scallops, shrimp scampi and I'd be set. Well, maybe just a little salad with ranch. None of that fat free dressing either!
Now ya'll got me wanting Red Lobster. Red Lobster for the seafood lover in me....everyone sing along!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
LBM
Super Ultra Member

We went to Red Lobster Friday night for "all you can eat shrimp". It was $15.99. Yummy and good service. My dh thought that he could get by with ayce shrimp even though he is allergic to it! Let's just say that after he chugged benadryl he slept really good...like he wasn't alive...I watched him all night and it took him until Saturday night to "shake the cobwebs"! He thinks that might have been his last shrimp.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
My dh thought that he could get by with ayce shrimp even though he is allergic to it! He thinks that might have been his last shrimp.

You do realize that each time he eats shrimp the reaction will get worse? If a person wasn't severely allergic, it would be best to take the Benadryl before eating. However, if it took until Saturday evening to shake the ill effects, I would recommend not eating shrimp again. That's like playing with fire, you're eventually going to get burned.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #13
PepsiGirl71

We went to Red Lobster, I think on Tuesday. We ordered the Admirals Feast and the Ultimate Feast. (It was a belated b-day dinner for hubby)... When our meals came to us DH got something he didn't order. Had to send it back and wait for what he wanted. By the time his food came mine was cold. He enjoyed his meal so that is what counts. His was the Admirals Feast, fish, shrimp, clams, scallops & fries. All fried, I would have been so sick eating that. Mine was crab legs, lobster tail and baked potato. Didn't taste too good cold. I was disapointed because it cost A LOT of money! Good thing it was a b-day gift and we didn't have to pay for it.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #14
Davidab53
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
We went to Red Lobster Friday night for "all you can eat shrimp". It was $15.99. Yummy and good service. My dh thought that he could get by with ayce shrimp even though he is allergic to it! Let's just say that after he chugged benadryl he slept really good...like he wasn't alive...I watched him all night and it took him until Saturday night to "shake the cobwebs"! He thinks that might have been his last shrimp.
It was worth it, though....right? How could it not? All you can eat shrimp. I haven't posted for several weeks and thought this thread was perfect for making my comeback. I have been dying to get to the city (St. Louis...I live about an hour south) and drop anchor at the closest Red Lobster in order to enjoy the endless shrimp promotion. I thought about making it an all day visit. Just think of the endless choices......Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Pasta, Shrimp skewers, bbq shrimp, fried shrimp, popcorn shrimp, shrimp and ......wait I sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump.

Anyway I am making a trip this weekend....I will keep you all posted!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #15
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiGirl71 View Post
We went to Red Lobster, I think on Tuesday. We ordered the Admirals Feast and the Ultimate Feast.

It might not be mannerly, however, I would have eat my meal when it was hot.
DH and I share the Admirals Feast and order an extra baked potato. Way too much food on that platter for one person. It has a little of everything and we love it.

Closed Thread