1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Movies/TV/Books/Music

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
OkieAnon

House Hunters

anyone watch House Hunters? I have a family member that loves it, started following along and admit it's kind of addictive. they get some weird people and some strange homes at times.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
Grangie
Ultra Member

It is one of our favorites. No violence, vulgar language etc. on there.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:13 PM   #3
OkieAnon

I thought the Tiny Home episode this week was pretty good, I still don't know how a man and wife with a toddler and an infant will live in a 400 something square foot home on wheels.

It makes you appreciate what you have and where you have it at, I've seen homes that aren't as nice as ours, less footage and people will get plumb excited.... it's only 600 thousand in Chicago or LA. we couldn't get a 100 thousand around here for ours and there are dumps in big city's bringing 5 to 6 hundred thousand. money goes a lot further here than other places.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I am another who watches House Hunters. Love it!
Old 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I watch House Hunters a lot. Also like House Hunters International. It always amazes me what a nice home some can get in certain regions for $150,000, and then there are those episodes where the couple thinks nothing of spending 1.3 million for their new home. Sometimes it’s not even that extravagant looking. I did see that tiny house episode, Okie. Though I’d love to be able to do that, I just can’t imagine living in something that small.

Isn’t there supposed to be a tiny house community in Hollister? I wonder if one can tour it.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
OkieAnon

speaking of Tiny Homes, we were at a Home and Garden Show a couple of weeks ago and someone was showing Tiny Homes and some of them were so tall and narrow being from Oklahoma my first thought was what keeps them from tipping over.

There was one though that was kind of neat, someone had taken an 8 X 40 ft storage container and insulated it, walled it bathroom sleeping and kitchen. the length made it seem larger than the sq footage.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #7
OkieAnon

I laughed last night watching it, the man was looking for a fixer upper and said he had no experience but... "had been reading up on the internet", then the wife would roll her eyes and laugh like... yea sure you can do all these projects.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #8
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
I watch House Hunters a lot. Also like House Hunters International. It always amazes me what a nice home some can get in certain regions for $150,000, and then there are those episodes where the couple thinks nothing of spending 1.3 million for their new home. Sometimes it’s not even that extravagant looking. I did see that tiny house episode, Okie. Though I’d love to be able to do that, I just can’t imagine living in something that small.

Isn’t there supposed to be a tiny house community in Hollister? I wonder if one can tour it.
There was supposed to be a tiny house community developed in Hollister but I am not sure if it ever happened.

We are definitely House Hunter fans.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #9
OkieAnon

they did the tiny house type show again last night, the choices were

a Yurt - looked like a big teepee, came with an outdoor toilet, outdoor tub, outdoor kitchen.

a 70 era boat that looked pretty run down

and a tiny house, I mean really tiny like 150 sq foot tiny, seriously it was a freaking shed.

they chose the boat, of the 3 I guess it would have been my pick but all 3 were a waste of money.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #10
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Would you have an actual mailing address with a boat?

In Coronado, CA there are sailboats and houseboats in the bay, near the Coronado Bridge that people live in full time. I have wondered how that manage all the details that require a permanent address.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #11
OkieAnon

watched the show last night and there was a couple... he wanted a house like a bat cave where you could pull all the curtains, she wanted something with lots of natural lighting. sometimes you wonder how these people stay married.

the deciding factor was finding a house that she thought would provide positive energy thru Feng Shui, ruled out houses where her feet would face a door while sleeping because that was against Feng Shui's ideals.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #12
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post

the deciding factor was finding a house that she thought would provide positive energy thru Feng Shui, ruled out houses where her feet would face a door while sleeping because that was against Feng Shui's ideals.

And she never thought of moving the bed?
It is not like moving the sink or stove and even then it is possible to move the sink and the stove if you really want to do that.

Closed Thread