1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

SDC Big News

It appears tomorrow is the day for the big reveal of what is on tap for 2020.

From today's email..

Tune in to Facebook Live on Tuesday, August 13th at 11:15am CDT, as we make our big announcement for 2020!
Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
OkieAnon

As I said earlier today, and this may be just my opinion but so far that area ----- sucks.

It used to be one of my favorite spots, trees, water it was great but the removal of all the trees has turned it into an oven. They better hit a home run for all the mess it is in now.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Agreed, OakiAnon.was such a nice PEACEFUL spot to rest under the SHADE OF MATURE TREES in the heat of summer...sit against the rock wall...enjoy the sound of the rushing water....laugh at the people being soaked in the “tubes”...
So lets see if they replant MATURE TREES...have massive amounts of running water sweeping by...or will it be another wide open melt in your tracks during the summer attraction now?? Part of the charm of SDC has always been the canopy of the large trees throughout most of the park...
Old 08-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
WireRoad

"It costs $30 mill and it's Mystical. This ain't the Hillbilly Village your Momma & Daddy went to no more."

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...HIEkgJhIMhQiGA
Old 08-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
"We know that Mary would be proud," said Silver Dollar City head publicist Lisa Rau. "She’d be proud we’re protecting our Ozarks, she’d be proud we’re telling our stories — and that we’re having fun with it."
What a crock!!!
Back when the Herschends actually had something to do with SDC I remember hearing that Mary would not let them cut any trees. If they absolutely had to, they did it in secret, at night when she would not be around.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

“Following more than a year of fan rumors and internet speculation, Branson-area theme park Silver Dollar City announced a major expansion Tuesday. The park drew on its 1800s history as the site of Marvel Cave and the village of Marmaros to redevelop an area of the theme park once home to the 80s-era Lost River of the Ozarks water ride.

Switzerland-based manufacturer RES worked with Silver Dollar City to create the new Mystic River Falls, billed as "the tallest drop on a raft ride in the Western Hemisphere" in a promotional video. It will open in summer 2020.

The park, which welcomed almost 2.2 million visitors in 2018, hosted a gala announcement for fans, journalists and Branson community members that included a nod to park co-founder Mary Herschend, whose family started Silver Dollar City in 1960. The announcement fell on the 119th anniversary of Herschend's birth, officials said. “

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...HIEkgJhIMhQiGA
Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Mystic river falls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4iuMCRBQaM

Last edited by soxster; 08-13-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Well....the story plot line is pretty intriguing...who doesn’t become fascinated with exploring a cave and finding an unknown “lost” passage into an other-worldly environment, complete with raging river and who knows what other Mystical things??? I mean, Tom Sawyer (no river), Jules Vernes 1864 thriller novel Journey to the Center of the World (how many remakes??), At the Earths Core, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot....have all captured imaginations and thrilled countless people for 150+ years....So I’m hoping when this is all completed, we will ride it and think it is such and awesome attraction for SDC...fingers crossed. But still gonna miss the nostalgia of the old ride....

Closed Thread