1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

That's right! "Opening Day" is upon us. All teams are equal again and the 162 game grind is set to begin.

Should be another great year. The Nationals appear to be the top echelon of the clubs this year. Barring significant injuries, they should cruise to the top of their division. Outside of that, the other five are pretty much toss ups with at least two teams with legitimate shots at division titles. I think the Dodgers and Giants duke it out in the NL West, with a much improved San Diego on their heels. In the Central, the Cardinals should be right in the thick of it. And, GASP!, the CUBS young squad should challenge them along with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati again. I don't see much from Milwaukee, but then I didn't last year either and they were dominant in the first half.

Over in the American League, I think Seattle is as good a bet as any for outright favorites, but the Angels will be right there with them. Oakland always hangs around and the ASTROS, perennial doormats, have a great young team that can't be counted out. And then, the division where my team calls home. I think the Royals actually have a better all around club than they did last year, but there are so many IFs in there. The big one being staying healthy because they don't have much depth, especially in the infield. I think last years division winner, the Tigers, took a couple of steps back, so the Royals, Indians, and White Sox should make it interesting all year. Alas, Trav's Twins are much better, but they just aren't ready to take that leap yet.

As for the AL East, who knows. Boston probably comes back to the top. The Yankees got better by Derek Jeter finally retiring and the Orioles are not much changed from a playoff team last year. My thoughts here is Boston and Baltimore go down to the wire.

Post Season Predictions:
NL Division Champs: Washington, St Louis, LA Dodgers
NL Wildcards: San Francisco, Chicago Cubs
AL Division Champs: Seattle, Kansas City, Boston
AL Wildcards: Cleveland, LA Angels
Old 04-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

When I saw the title of the thread, I knew you were talking about baseball.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
When I saw the title of the thread, I knew you were talking about baseball.

Of course. Who wouldn't?

Closed Thread