1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 09:17 AM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

just stuff....that I've been sent

I don't know if this is true or not, but it does give one something to think about. I suppose that tellermarketers will try whatever they can to be able to call us............

Interesting - - -

This is to all of you that signed up for the "do not call" law.
This week I received a card in the mail that looked all right-- It said

"vote for your favorite cola - Pepsi or Coke- and receive a complementary 12 pack.

It didn't look suspicious--but for some reason I kept looking at it. THEN I FOUND IT !! At the bottom of the card here is a VERY small
statement. It is SO small it is hard to read--but here is what it says----

' By completing this form, you agree that sponsors and
co-sponsors of this offer may telephone you, even if your number is found on a do not call registry or list "

This REALLY upset me and I just wanted all my friends to be aware of this way to get around the "do not call" law !! Just think how many people will send this in and their do not call registry will be NO GOOD !! The company's name is MARKET SOLUTION.

Please send this to all your friends that signed up for "do not call." I think this is just one of what we will get in the future--so READ EVERYTHING before you SIGN AND SEND !!
Old 08-03-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Subject: Fw: SWEET REVENGE!!

After 17 years of marriage, a man dumped his wife for a younger woman. The downtown luxury apartment was in his name and he wanted to remain there with his new love so he asked the wife to move out and then he would buy her another place.

The wife agreed to this, but asked that she be given 3 days on her own there, to pack up her things.

While he was gone, the first day she lovingly put her personal belongings into boxes and crates and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their candlelit dining table, soft music playing in the background, and feasted on a pound of shrimp and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each room and deposited a few of the resulting shrimp shells into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

The husband came back with his new girl, and all was bliss for the first few days. Then it started, slowly but surely. Clueless, the man could not explain why the place smelled so bad.

They tried everything, cleaned & mopped and aired the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents,
carpets were steam cleaned, air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in, the carpets were replaced, and on it went.

Finally, they could take it no more and decided to move. The moving company arrived and did a very professional packing job, taking everything to their new home, including the (curtain rods).
Old 08-03-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Essential New Words for 2003 Edition for the Workplace Vocabulary

BLAMESTORMING-- Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.

SEAGULL MANAGER-- A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything and then leaves.

ASSMOSIS-- The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.

CUBE FARM-- An office filled with cubicles.

PRAIRIE DOGGING-- When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.

MOUSE POTATO-- The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.

SITCOMs-- Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What yuppies turn into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids.

STRESS PUPPY-- A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiney.

PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE-- The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.

ADMINISPHERE-- The rarefied organizational layers beginning just above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve.

404-- Someone who's clueless. (From the World Wide Web error message "404 Not Found", meaning that the requested document could not be located.)

OHNOSECOND-- That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake.

WOOFies-- Well Off Older Folks
Old 08-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

ROFLOLO.......wouldnt you know someone would jump on the band wagon, of the NO CALL list.

Just make sure that if you hooked up through the internet to sign off on NO CALL....that you returned the email THEY SEND YOU, to complete the actions.

If you never received that email, and you never then, responded to it............YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP........you didnt complete the entire request.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
Marjorie
Super Ultra Member

Oh Good Grief! Why am I not surprised? THANK YOU, Suse for the heads up. I am certainly looking forward to this law going into effect. Friday at 7:45 a young man was trying to sell me health insurance!

I was rotflol at the 2nd and 3rd posts! LOOOOOOOVED the 2nd! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one! THANKS!

Have a great Sunday!
Marjorie
Old 08-05-2003, 07:21 AM   #6
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks Suselit!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #7
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Great posts Suselit!! Thanks!!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
engel
Super Ultra Member

Oh, I would LOVE to be a WOOFie. Only part I got was the "older"!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:30 PM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

So glad you liked them...here's another

*_How hot is it? _*

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

You can make sun tea instantly.

You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.

You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.

You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

The cows are giving evaporated milk.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #10
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

Funny!

That sounds like Texas to me!!

Closed Thread