1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #1
ggh
Super User

Question Do you plan months in advance - or do you make spur of the moment trips?

How much planning ahead do you do before you make a trip to Branson? We usually decide less than 24 hours before our trip. Helps that we're an hour away - but even for most of our longer distance trips, I don't do lots of detailed planning - we find out things of interest between here and our destination, but tend to take it as it comes, once we leave the house.

Part of vacationing to me is getting away and relaxing, no care if I make a 8 pm appt or not - maybe that's why we tend to shy away from the shows? because we don't want to HAVE to be anyplace at a certain time?
Old 04-18-2003, 05:08 AM   #2
soonermagic31

My wife likes to plan things out but I am one to do spur of the moment things. I kind of like not having a detailed plan do to the fact that tends to limit anything else that you see that you may want to do instead.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:39 AM   #3
engel
Super Ultra Member

My daughter & I plan way ahead. As soon as her husband gets his schedule for the year, we pick a weekend he's not on call (reg.nurse) & start booking---usually 7 or 8 mos. ahead. Get really good seats that way!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:09 AM   #4
paradisedrifter
Super Ultra Member

We never plan a trip.. We just leave the house and then see where it takes us...

I remember a few years back after we sold our house in town and before we finalized the contract on our country way of living, we were living in our camper and decided to go the laundry mat one Saturday morning and we ended up in San Antonio, Texas (which by the way is 270 miles from Ft. Worth.)

That is like we are leaving this weekend...not really having any certain times or plans of being anywhere at any time.

That is what makes this Country so Great.....FREEDOM.....to do what you want to do....!!!!

Carolyn
Old 04-18-2003, 08:17 AM   #5
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Because we live almost 600 miles from Branson, we always plan many months ahead. It would be nice to be closer and take a trip on the spur of the moment.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:38 AM   #6
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

wellllllllll........

We are terribly unpredictable......but.....

If Airline reservations are involved, I plan ahead, long enough to get a good price on a ticket.

Generally we only plan one week ahead for Branson.....and it is likely we decide the day before, and just take off before the sun comes up.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:38 AM   #7
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Well, really that depends on where we go....Branson we always make room reservations after one fall looking for a room half a day. But don't plan each day out. When we head out west we just go drive where the road takes us..no plans..that way we can stop and see things along the way. When going to Minneapolis we always plan to stay at the same place, same room.

Carolyn, funny story about the laundry mat...kind like us one time we had a hard time picking a place to eat and drive two hours to Omaha for different options...that was a fun weekend..spur of the moment.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:49 AM   #8
OkieAnon

we're planners;
to begin with, 3 adult age people all with jobs, have to plan around when everyone can get their vacation time.. this year had everything sit up for late July, then a conflict came up with one persons job, had to redo everything for early to mid aug.

make reservations early so that we can get the room we want at the motel we want, ran into no-vacancy problems a few times.

try to pick our shows out early.. heck if your paying that much for seats, they might as well be good seats, got our motel but still working on the shows.

lastly .. it helps pass the time till vacation gets here.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:09 AM   #9
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I am a compulsive planner. Not only have I had reservations since February for our June trip, I've also got a rough outline of how we'll spend our days. We are a young family and we need to know what attractions, etc. so we know how much to budget. I've been known to change hotel reservations 2 or 3 times before we leave but this time we're sticking with our original ressie.

And going to Branson is nothing compared to when we go to Disney. When we go to Disney I know what rides we will be riding and what shows we will be seeing on any given day. I don't get that obsessed for Branson.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #10
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

I plan way ahead. I made most of our reservations for our October trip last November. Now this next part my husband thinks that I am crazy but we decided to go to Disney World in October 2006. Guess who is already planning...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #11
susantx

Since we use our timeshare in Branson,we have to plan ahead
to get the week we want and our jobs reguire us to give at least 6months notice when we want to take our vacations.So we
have to plan some of our trips ahead of time.Since we live in
San Antonio there are many spare of the moment type trips that
we like to make to the small towns around here.So I guess we
enjoy both ways.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:44 AM   #12
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

We are prone to do both!

I like to plan ahead -- especially if it requires overnight stays. Want to make sure I have a room and a place that allows 4 legged fuzzy people as puppy goes with us. But we do a lot of day-trip type stuff at the spur of the moment.

And my hubby doesn't laugh at my "lists" any more. He made me mad one time and I didn't make a list -- well when we got to Branson, we discovered that I had forgotten his socks and underwear -- so a trip to Walmart had to be made as soon as we got into town.

Now he asks to see my list so he can make sure stuff is on it and if need be he adds to the list to make sure we get everything with us that we need.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
scissortail
~*~*~*~*~*~

I do both!
I'm going to Branson, in a couple of weeks, with my three sisters, and we've been planning this trip for months!
We came up with the idea for a 'sister' trip, almost a year ago. We decided on the dates, when we were all together at Christmas.
Two of them have never been to Branson, and one has only been a few times. So, they left it up to me to plan everything. I let them pick the shows, and I made all the reservations.

Hubby and I, though, don't plan that far ahead.
At our work, we have to schedule vacation time at least one week, in advance.
And, I also like to make reservations, for either a motel room at Branson's Best, or for our favorite spot, at Tall Pines.
I like to know, before I leave home, that I will have a place to stay. And won't have to look for a room.
We rarely make reservations for shows. We usually decide on whether we will see any shows, after we arrive in Branson. We always go to SDC, of course. But don't plan on any particular day to go.

Old 04-18-2003, 01:01 PM   #14
ksburens

I'd like to THINK I could go spur-of-the-moment, but I don't know if I actually could. I think I'd at least need to know I had a place to sleep, but the rest I could figure out on the fly. Like someone else mentioned (Scissortail maybe?) I'm a list maker (right down to the color of shirts I'm bringing!) so I at least need to do that much, but I don't go so far as to schedule what we're doing when. Also, like someone mentioned, we usually have to plan in advance so we'll know that we have the money we'll need.

Maybe someday Hubby and I will live on the edge and just point our car in a direction and drive and see where we end up!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:37 PM   #15
Queen Bee

i have always been a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kind of gal. unless taking a major trip, like the cruise i took a few years ago, or the trip to jamaica i'm planning for this winter with a friend.

Closed Thread