1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > 1Branson.com Welcome & Board How-to's

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
fhamrick
BransonCountry

Is Branson Landing as beautiful and as alive as it was this time last year?

I am the Webmaster for a travel and entertainment web site for Branson and Springfield. I visited the Branson Landing about this time last in order to write an article on the Landing and answer questions for our viewers. I live in Springfield and have not had the time to visit the Landing yet this year and would like to know if it is as alive and exciting as it was this time last year.

I have read many of the comments that were posted in the Branson Courier and other sources expressing the viewpoint of residents and visitors alike about the design and future of Branson Landing. While I respect the opinion of others, I felt proud of what I saw on a one-day visit.

Visiting the Bass Pro Shops was tremendously exciting. Traveling down the Landing was not unlike entering a great walled canyon, except the walls of this canyon were lined with modern shops, boutiques, restaurants and condos. The crowd mix included young families, seniors from all walks of life and farm folks. It could just as well have been Chicago or New York.

I do share some of the sadness of the new encroaching on the old (Branson), but life does go on and Branson should be proud of such a beautiful and futuristic addition to the city and riverfront

Frank Hamrick
Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhamrick View Post
I am the Webmaster for a travel and entertainment web site for Branson and Springfield. I visited the Branson Landing about this time last in order to write an article on the Landing and answer questions for our viewers. I live in Springfield and have not had the time to visit the Landing yet this year and would like to know if it is as alive and exciting as it was this time last year.

I have read many of the comments that were posted in the Branson Courier and other sources expressing the viewpoint of residents and visitors alike about the design and future of Branson Landing. While I respect the opinion of others, I felt proud of what I saw on a one-day visit.

Visiting the Bass Pro Shops was tremendously exciting. Traveling down the Landing was not unlike entering a great walled canyon, except the walls of this canyon were lined with modern shops, boutiques, restaurants and condos. The crowd mix included young families, seniors from all walks of life and farm folks. It could just as well have been Chicago or New York.

I do share some of the sadness of the new encroaching on the old (Branson), but life does go on and Branson should be proud of such a beautiful and futuristic addition to the city and riverfront

Frank Hamrick
Is it alive? My last visit was on Dec 7 at about 2PM. Lots of cars in the parking lot, people on the sidewalks and in the stores. I shopped at two stores and found them very busy with serious shoppers.
Is it exciting? That's pretty subjective, but I would guess the excitement will wear thin with the "regulars" at some point and the malls viability will depend on new blood. I'd recommend an article on the new convention center-how bookings are doing etc.
You mention you share some sadness regarding the encroachment of old Branson. My sadness is the encroachment of the lake by multiple new businesses and facilites. I'd be curious about your feelings regarding this new development. Come on down!!

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 12-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
onemobetta
Super Ultra Member

Thumbs up Come On Down!!!!!!!!!

I think most of the "opposition", if that is a fair term and it probably isn't, would agree on one hand, yes, they hate to lose the old Branson. This is unfortunately inevitable and things do change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. That is a subjective judgement that only the individual can make for him or herself.

Personally, I think they did a fine job if the goal was a "souped up" shopping mall. It IS nice, as far as it goes. We DO go there for whatever reasons. Nice, yes, exciting,.. well,...I"ll leave that to you to judge yourself.

On the other hand, there was/is local opposition regarding the method by which Branson Landing came to be,..period! The political and developer incest which "appears" to have been the norm is still unanswered and probably never will be answered to anyones', (at least my own) satisfaction. That has NOTHING whatever to do with the quality or veracity of the facility.

Having said that, neither of those "issues" should in any way deter your tours or your plans from visiting Branson and if you so deem it economically justified, yes, add the Landing to your itinerary.

Above all, one should never be deterred or disillusioned by ANY of the various carping and whinings: they may or may not hear on the forums about a show, politics, etc. etc. as it relates to this great little town. Use the information on the dining and attractions, and amusements, hotels, etc. to help you plan your trips for quality and economics and scheduling and by all means have a good time when you're here!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #4
Linda Kay
Ultra Member

I would love to see some pictures of the decorations at Branson Landing if anyone has some they could post. We didn't get to make our trip over Thanksgiving, and the Landing was one of the places we were looking forward to going to.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
Well, while we're on the subject, does anyone know what kind of Christmas lights they use at the Landing...like I need more lights. I want you to know, I unpacked my lights...I have 9 UNOPENED boxes of lights...purple, gold, and red. I use all of the clear ones.

ANYWAY, back to the beauty of the Landing. These lights are teeny-tiny little lights. They look blue (from a distance), but when you get up close to them, they're clear. I can't figure out what kind of lights they are. I've never seen any, like that, before. Whatever they are...I'm sure they're very expensive.

I'd also like to have those big silver reindeer in my front yard, but I'm sure they'd know where I got them...
I think the lights your talking about are LED lights. This is the first year I've seen very many of them available in the stores. They will probably be the standard in a few years. They burn much cooler and safer that traditional light strands and use less electricity. The diodes are small enough that several can be packed into a single bulb allowing it to change colors (very cool). Right now they cost quite a bit more than other lights.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Can someone post some pix for those unfortunate souls that won't make it to Branson to see the decs in person?
Any pix from anywhere in town......
Old 12-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
karoinbranson
God Bless You !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Kay View Post
I would love to see some pictures of the decorations at Branson Landing if anyone has some they could post. We didn't get to make our trip over Thanksgiving, and the Landing was one of the places we were looking forward to going to.
I'm so sorry you didn't get to go to Branson over Thanksgiving. Don't you just hate that. I was hoping to go in November as well....didn't get to!

And yes, please, we would love to see pictures of the Branson Landing Lights....
BTW....fhamrick, Branson Landing was busy and thriving over the summer when I was there....and I am sure it still is!!!! I always love going there!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
kns

I did take a couple of pictures of the Christmas tree at the landing that I could post if I could remember how to do it. If someone could give me a few pointers on how to do it, I would be happy to.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #9
clmarchand

fall colors

So if you visit alot and live close by, you should be familiar with what days of the year are best to see all the fall colors.
Can you share your thoughts?
thx
Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #10
LegendsFan

You know what I don't understand. How we can be a city with so much money but the city doesn't care about the locals. Why don't we get a city pool. We have to pay $30 for whitewater instead. I miss going to the pool for under $1.00. Oh well
Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #11
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

There is the aqua plex........
You can go for four dollars.............
http://www.bransonparksandrecreation.com

Closed Thread