1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 05:36 PM   #1
Bird

American Presidental Museum?

Just got my new Branson Vacation Guide (2002) andnotice on page 74 and advertisement for "american Presidential Museum". Does anyone know anything about this? Where is it? (Says, 'behind Starlite Theatre' Where is that?) How much to go? Worth it? Comments please.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:50 PM   #2
Mama Dyse

American Presidents Museum

We just got back on the 31st of May and one of the stops we went to was the American Presidential Museum. If you know where the Red Roof Mall (Blue Route--Gretna Road) - to Francis Street. Take that, and that's where you find it.

At this point, I would not recommend it. It is just barely getting started up and they didn't have but one dress for a First Lady. Replica of the Oval Office, and then just some pics and stuff. Nothing earth shattering.

One nice thing, there was no charge as it isn't ready yet. The lady that was running it didn't really have a time frame on when it was going to be ready, but I will be surprised if it's ready before the summer is out.

Just FYI, but I wouldn't recommend it at this point in time.

Mama Dyse
Old 06-04-2002, 07:43 PM   #3
Bird

Thanks so much for your input! Good information! From the looks of the ad, it looks like it's been there a long time! Ha! Thanks again for the good advice.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:19 PM   #4
JUDITH

Quote:
Originally posted by Bird
Thanks so much for your input! Good information! From the looks of the ad, it looks like it's been there a long time! Ha! Thanks again for the good advice.
It was a theater for several years. Lesser known stars had it as I recall. So you are correct saying it has been there for a while.

Old 10-08-2002, 12:51 AM   #5
Melissa72076

Lately...

Has anyone been to this attraction lately. I was wondering if they ever got it finished or is it still sparse with exhibits.

Melissa
Old 10-08-2002, 06:49 AM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

When we were parking behind Lost in the 50s, we noticed that the Presidental Museum is right there.....behind Lost in the 50s.
Haven't been to the Museum yet, but if we got really good discounted tickets, would consider going.

Suselit
Old 10-08-2002, 08:37 AM   #7
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Tickets for this are out on ebay.

The museum is open. For those who aren't sure where it is and have been going to Branson for any length of time -- this is the old Graceland Museum where Jerry Presley used to put on his tribute to Elvis show about 18-20 years ago. I know I took my dad to it twice then.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:11 AM   #8
bransonman02

Talking I liked but I like Presidential History!

We went to the Presidential Mueseum on Sept,28. I enjoyed but I am big into Presidential History. They did have a Replica of the Oval Office and I had my Picture taken sitting at the Desk in the Oval Office talking on the Red Phone with President Bush standing next to me. It was Cardborad Picture of the President but in the Photo it looks real.

They also had a Replica of Air Force one that you can walk through, several Replicas of Dresses worn by First Ladies to Inaugural Balls,a Limo that President Reagan rode in to his Inauguration,and Tons of stuff to read about Presidents.

My favorite part was the Gift Shop. They had Tons of stuf to buy in their and when I go back I am going to go buy some more. This Time I had bought a button that said Re-elect Bush 04. If Bush is not your Style they had Buttons that said Elect Gore in 04,Gephardt in 04,Daschle in 04 and that is about it. They also Buttons from past Elections that was real Interesting. I also got a Presidential Bloopers Video.

I also got to play around with a Florida ballot from the 2000 Election so I go to see for myself if it was Confusing or not. They had alot of Joke Items in the Gift Shop about the 2000 Election. The restrooms were closed when we were there and they had a sign on the Door that said Restrooms Closed due to overflowing Chads LOL! In the Gift Shop they had Books with every Presidential Election Results from Washington to the Currnet Bush. I am wishing I had got one now so I am kicking myself, but all well maybe next time.

I don't know if you would like it or not to me I believe it is for those that really Enjoy Presidential History. It is a little Small, but If you decide to go let me know how you liked it and I hope you enjoy!

Robby
Old 10-16-2002, 06:48 AM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for all the details.

Do they charge extra for the photo in the oval office?...How did yours turn out? I think that's very cool.

Suselit
Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 AM   #10
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

I believe the photo was 6.00 or 6.50 but....

after we left there, I saw a coupon (are you surprised?) that was for a free photo. I would have used that coupon if I had found it before we went there. There are two places to sit and watch a video and they are good, but the chairs were not! I had seen both on the History channel, but a lot of people were really enjoying them.
My disappointment was that a lot of the display while interesting was things for sale. Oh man, I had one of those Nixon's buttons and now it is valuable. I sat next to him at the Fair Grounds when he was there. I was in the band and sat on the end. He even spoke to me. I wonder if I was a bad influnce on him?
It is probably all my fault!
Old 10-16-2002, 04:44 PM   #11
bransonman02

Smile Picture with the President in the Oval Office

Well it would cost extra for a Picture with the President in the Oval office. But in our Hotel Room at Souhern Oaks Inn I found a Coupon for a free picture with the President.

Robby
Old 10-16-2002, 05:08 PM   #12
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Iva...Nixon?...Now you must see Bush on Friday!!!!
Suse

Here's a paper White House to Print out
http://papertoys.com/white-house.htm

Last edited by Suselit; 10-16-2002 at 05:10 PM.

Closed Thread