1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 06:35 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Winter

Forget fall, there was no fall. Skipped to winter. On our 3rd or 4th winter storm already, this one is ice.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Yikes!!!! Snow and cold rain are bad enough. But ice is a deal-breaker for me!!
Old 11-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

It was pleasant here in the KC area yesterday and about 6pm last night we got some strong winds that brought in colder weather and this morning the temp is in the low 20's. Fall was brief and now winter is here.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 11-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
OkieAnon

our "fall foliage" this year was some of the ugliest I've ever seen, froze to early, then the snow and ice took care of it along with a few tree limbs.

today's storm is gone, clear cold and windy.

noon weather dude says this was just the start and if you need get something done outside do it this weekend while it's in the 60's and 70's because Monday the bottom falls out and temps might not get out of the 20's. and Monday is a day I have off of work... yippee.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member

On the bright side, spring will come sooner or later.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:06 AM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
our "fall foliage" this year was some of the ugliest I've ever seen, froze to early, then the snow and ice took care of it along with a few tree limbs.

today's storm is gone, clear cold and windy.

noon weather dude says this was just the start and if you need get something done outside do it this weekend while it's in the 60's and 70's because Monday the bottom falls out and temps might not get out of the 20's. and Monday is a day I have off of work... yippee.
Predicting single digits here monday night.. NOT counting the wind..
Old 11-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #7
OkieAnon

Temps in 20's, winds gusting to 50, light drizzle, power off 10 minutes then on 10 minutes then back off.

Small town everyone closes for Veterans day, had planned put up Christmas lights, maybe cut some firewood, maybe I'm a wimp but think I will skip it today.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Temps in 20's, winds gusting to 50, light drizzle, power off 10 minutes then on 10 minutes then back off.

Small town everyone closes for Veterans day, had planned put up Christmas lights, maybe cut some firewood, maybe I'm a wimp but think I will skip it today.
Not a "wimp", just a very smart person.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #9
OkieAnon

Been without power for couple hours now. Nothing more boring than cold dark house on a day off.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Yea...agreed. Back when I used to live way “out in the sticks” in the Ozark mountains, always kept a small kerosene heater stored with several gallons of fuel...when it would ice, it could be days before SWEPCO could repair down lines way out in the boonies...so could always heat water for hot chocolate, tea and coffee, along with heating canned beef stew. Everyone would bring blankets and sleeping bags, and lay all around that little heater, the entire heat for the house. My job every 3 hours was to get up, refill the tank, keep it going all night. House was big enough didn’t need to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning...played lots of board games at night by candle light, explored the woods in daytime for added adventure (funny how 120 acres of woods becomes all new, mysterious, and adventuresome with heavy snow and ice!). But after a few days, even all that got a little old and stale...I guess we are rather spoiled in our modern world full of gadgets and conveniences.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #11
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Rain, snow, and sleet today, sleet still coming down. Car was covered in ice when it came time for me to head home from work.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #12
OkieAnon

been watching the weather for Thanksgiving in Branson, looks like a mixed bag, cool on Wed and Thurs, then warming up on Friday and Saturday. I hope it's nice with a group of about 20 of us I really don't want to hear a lot of complaining from the first timers about the weather.

btw folks... it's way out there and could change but if the forecast computer models hold true it's going to be miserable in just a little over 2 weeks for most of the country, daytime temps in the single digits, probably wind chills below zero. I saw one showing daytime temps in the 20's as far south as Houston. I hope it don't happen but if it does around the 8th to 12th time frame in December could be pretty wild. some of the maps show no snow some show 10 to 12 inches across a big area of the central US.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #13
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
been watching the weather for Thanksgiving in Branson, looks like a mixed bag, cool on Wed and Thurs, then warming up on Friday and Saturday. I hope it's nice with a group of about 20 of us I really don't want to hear a lot of complaining from the first timers about the weather.

btw folks... it's way out there and could change but if the forecast computer models hold true it's going to be miserable in just a little over 2 weeks for most of the country, daytime temps in the single digits, probably wind chills below zero. I saw one showing daytime temps in the 20's as far south as Houston. I hope it don't happen but if it does around the 8th to 12th time frame in December could be pretty wild. some of the maps show no snow some show 10 to 12 inches across a big area of the central US.
Will be getting in town on Friday so sure hope that forecast is accurate.

As far as the other forecast is concerned, boy, I hope they are wrong.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #14
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Will be getting in town on Friday so sure hope that forecast is accurate.

As far as the other forecast is concerned, boy, I hope they are wrong.

we are leaving early, real early Wednesday and should get in around noon time, the forecast here shows a chance of freezing rain in our area on Wednesday hoping we can be on the road before it moves in.

I don't know what to expect, meeting a lot of family, some that have never been to Branson, some that have been there a time or two in the summer... they think, oh SDC opens at 4 on Thanksgiving let the kids nap and leave about 3;30, or that there's lots of parking spots at Tanger don't need to be there early on Friday. Stuff like that how do you begin to explain the Thanksgiving weekend crowds?

after 3 days of end of the world forecast the extended has moderated a bit to day, be interesting to see if that trend continues.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #15
OkieAnon

Have you seen the rest of the week forecast, going be a crazy few days, we have started second guessing Thanksgiving in Branson but right now still coming.

Depending where you are in the Ok, Ks, Ark, Mo areas, wind of 60 to 70, dust storm, snow, ice, hail, floods, tornado,,,, yes tornadoes are in the forecast.

Closed Thread