1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

Winter is on the way

Major weather changes are on the way this week in Branson, starting Thursday. Temps are going to fall quickly. They are currently thinking ice/snow mix Thursday then all snow Thursday night and Friday. Still too far out to say exactly, but it looks like this could be a significant winter storm!!! Temps could fall into the single digits behind this system.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bransonguy1988 View Post
Major weather changes are on the way this week in Branson, starting Thursday. Temps are going to fall quickly. They are currently thinking ice/snow mix Thursday then all snow Thursday night and Friday. Still too far out to say exactly, but it looks like this could be a significant winter storm!!! Temps could fall into the single digits behind this system.
Perfect! We're heading down Thursday morning! SDC should be beautiful Friday night, and not very crowded.
Where's the sarcasm smiley?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Perfect! We're heading down Thursday morning! SDC should be beautiful Friday night, and not very crowded.
Where's the sarcasm smiley?
Should be interesting to see what happens. I think we haven't had a significant snow in December for a few years. I have to work Thursday and friday, will have to wait and see what I will have to do!! Not trying to be a Debbie downer either but our roads aren't easy to navigate in the winter weather! It's not just the hills and curves, we don't have the equipment they do up north!!

Last edited by Bransonguy1988; 12-02-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I've been keeping an eye on this weather forecast. I need to have everything in order for the end of the week just in case I can't make it in to work. Once we get any wintry precipitation in my complex there is just no getting out. Ugh!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Not trying to be a Debbie downer either but our roads aren't easy to navigate in the winter weather!
The times I have been there during bad winter weather they seem to have done a good job with Fall Creek Rd., River Lane, 76, and several, but not all roads accessing the strip. I was there last February for the "big storm". Although It wasn't the 3 or 4 inches of ice predicted, there still was a good accumulation of sleet and snow that they removed quickly. Of course being in te Ozark mountains I'm sure there are many areas that don't get cleared nearly as well.

Closed Thread