1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Fun & Games

Old 10-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
E's mom
Super Ultra Member

Who has started their...

Christmas shopping? I have and I pick up a few more things this afternoon. I didn't have no kids with me so I had time to look.
E's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
Critter
Super Ultra Member

I have one gift picked out so far for my sister in law and her husband.

I hope mine can wait til David gets home. A new washer and dryer!!
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

I have purchased several gifts, but I'm not close to being done with my shopping - I do have ideas for gifts though - and I plan to have it all done and over with before Thanksgiving.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
GNEE
Super Ultra Member

When we were in Branson recently we went to IMAX and there they had a demo of wiggle scooters. They look like a big skate board with a seat on the back and a place to put your feet and a steering wheel that when you wiggle it, you start moving. That's it, no motor or batteries. There were 2 little boys riding them and having a blast. Then, a granny wanted to try and she was laughing like crazy. It holds up to over 250 pounds.
The cost was 55.00 for the first and 50.00 for any additional ones. I bought 5 for Christmas for the grandkids.
GNEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
E's mom
Super Ultra Member

I need to go to Toys R Us and get a few things there.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #6
E's mom
Super Ultra Member

I just realized that I started this thread in Fun & Games instead of the Chit Chat. Sorry!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNEE View Post
When we were in Branson recently we went to IMAX and there they had a demo of wiggle scooters. They look like a big skate board with a seat on the back and a place to put your feet and a steering wheel that when you wiggle it, you start moving. That's it, no motor or batteries. There were 2 little boys riding them and having a blast. Then, a granny wanted to try and she was laughing like crazy. It holds up to over 250 pounds.
The cost was 55.00 for the first and 50.00 for any additional ones. I bought 5 for Christmas for the grandkids.
That sounds pretty cool!!! I will have to google this and see if I can see what they look like!!!

I just looked and those are sooo cute! Little kids will love those!!!!

Last edited by Critter; 10-18-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
ourocks4ever40
Super Ultra Member

I havent even started thinking about what I am buying for Christmas this year, I guess I should get with the program and get started
ourocks4ever40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
libraria
Super Ultra Member

Well, not to mention my own family, but my husband has five children (plus spouses), nine grandchildren (and spouses) and four great-grandchildren, so I try to do most of my shopping after Christmas for the next Christmas. I think it's time for me to drag everything out and see what I still need to get. I'm determined this year to not buy TOO MANY; I'm aiming for one present each; I tend to buy too much for the young ones.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

We've got quite a bit done. We want to get done early so when it gets closer to Christmas we can just enjoy watching movies, listening to music, drinking hot chocolate, baking, etc. and not have to worry about the hustle and bustle of shopping. Most everything we have bought so far has been bought online. It is so much easier that way. The rest was bought at Cracker Barrell.....they have such cute things.
Country Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Ms_Terese
Local Member

Mine is mostly done, but I cheated. I bought one BIG gift for my husband, children, and in-laws: a family vacation! I just have to get things for the grandkids and my exchange gift for the celebration with my sibs/neices/nephew.
Ms_Terese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #12
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Ms Terese, your family will love your big present. A family vacation is a great idea.
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Ms_Terese
Local Member

Quote:
your family will love your big present. A family vacation is a great idea.
I hope so. I've come to the conclusion that the most precious thing we can all have is time together. With distance, careers, children, and life in general consuming so much of our lives, time slips away more often than we'd like it to. So.....I'll give them each a little booklet on Christmas morning showing them the house, the beach, the boat, the pool, etc. etc. where we'll be taking off to over Memorial Day. It's been interesting to secretly contact bosses to make sure everyone can take vacation then! Hopefully it will be a good surprise!
Ms_Terese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Terese View Post
I hope so. I've come to the conclusion that the most precious thing we can all have is time together. With distance, careers, children, and life in general consuming so much of our lives, time slips away more often than we'd like it to. So.....I'll give them each a little booklet on Christmas morning showing them the house, the beach, the boat, the pool, etc. etc. where we'll be taking off to over Memorial Day. It's been interesting to secretly contact bosses to make sure everyone can take vacation then! Hopefully it will be a good surprise!
A family vacation makes so many lasting memories! You are giving a great gift!
lindiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Terese View Post
That is a VERY COOL gift!!! Especially with you calling up their bosses to see if they can get off work.